Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Author Topic: On alliances and independent-style corps  (Read 3396 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
On alliances and independent-style corps
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 17:55 »

So, mechanically, I like having a solo corp. I have wallet and hangar divisions plus the ability to put up my own POSs without having to trust anyone else too much. And given my game activities at the moment (trading, exploring, science & industry), flying by myself works most of the time.

But not all the time. I mean, sometimes you might need help on an exploration site, or willing to dispense advice on the intricacies of research and manufacturing, or just want to contribute to something larger.

So I'm curious whether there are any indie-corp-friendly / RP-friendly (if not -based) alliances out there?

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: On alliances and independent-style corps
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 23:09 »

...Hmm.

I don't know if you're gonna want to hear about this, but.

First off, you could try INDY. Forgot their proper name. Bjorn Stahle used to be an executor, or maybe it was Winter Steel/Steele.

Second, there have been extensive talks about setting up non-alliance co-operatives; there are experiments in play in the Caldari sector with a sort of think tank-chamber of commerce model that eerily reminds me of the Trilateral Comission, and I've been slowly exploring the concept of a 'broad church' that involves tons of small Amarr corps for a long time.

I think you'd have to be willing to help build one yourself.

Admittedly, you could just make nice to Eva & co and be an external associate of RE-AW, maybe.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2010, 09:58 »

I have thought about INDY, and I know of one or two others.

As for non-alliance coops, one doesn't preclude the other. I have good relations with another set of small corps: we have goals that more or less align without directly competing and can call upon each other as needed, but of course that ends up basically meaning "hey we're buddies". It's OOC-ish and IC-ish goodness melted together, like Velveeta and Ro*Tel.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2010, 13:50 »

...Eww, foodstuffs.

Anyway, yeah, I meant like a fuckhueg co-operative. A dozen corps at least, all IC, all with IC reasons to be there. A strange animal to breed and keep in good health, for sure, but...who knows?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2010, 23:09 »

So, any alliance will want its members to contribute something.  For many this likely means having capital ships and the battleships to support them or being an industrial power house.

However, I think, for alliances with smart leaders, there will be the opportunity to attract small entities focused on say Planetary Interaction products into their alliance.  To me, this seems like a great place for a small, focused, corporation (1-5 players) to contribute to a larger effort.

If I was going to pitch such a corp to joining a sov holding alliance I would first look to 1) demonstrate pre-existing POS fuel product chains in low-sec and 2) that the pilots have the necessary skills to support such an an operation.

The small corp is not attractive to the alliance horde commanders, but they may be useful to an already overstretched industrial backbone, especially if it is able to operate somewhat independently.

Just ideas.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2010, 08:12 »

Hmm, I hadn't even really thought about the large sov-holding type of alliances. Worth considering.

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2010, 16:43 »

RP friendly alliances? I guess I run one. No plans or anything, just doing some stuffs™.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2010, 21:57 »

RP friendly alliances? I guess I run one. No plans or anything, just doing some stuffs™.
But Sofia has no connection to ADY.  Shit, wait, that was an IGS slapfight, nvm ^^

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.