Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Shintoko Akahoshi  (Read 8800 times)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
[Character] Shintoko Akahoshi
« on: 19 Jan 2011, 16:29 »

I've done gone and put all this on the Eve wiki thingy

Modifications to the modification: I can't log into the wiki for some reason, so I can't update the info there. Errata, then:

- Shin now flies for Kabuki TransSolar (a holding corp), but is in the process of joining the Synenose Accord.

I wanted to add a liberal OOC section, but since I can't switch to Shin in the wiki, I'll add it here.

This is purely OOC information. If you would like to find some of this information out ICly, please contact me and we'll talk about it. I'll allow most anyone to dig this up, but I do want to discuss the hows and whys

Motivations: I've taken Shin in some odd directions over the past six years, mainly for OOC reasons. This is an attempt to make IC sense of them, while building the foundation for some interesting GalFed RP in a way that I haven't seen done here. While I'm normally firmly in the camp of "don't explain, let things come out in RP", in this particular case that philosophy basically leaves all of this completely hidden. And I don't want it to be OOCly hidden.

A little history, mainly public:
Shin's gene-line are the descendents of subjects of an attempt to modify people to be better suited to life in space - nothing special here, I imagine this is a pretty common story. Their particular project was cut short by the first Gallente-Caldari war, leaving them in a bit of an unfinished state. Fast forward to YC108 and there are a couple dozen of them living in a class III habitat and suffering from a variety of problems related to their unfinished nature. It's getting pretty obvious at this point that they're gradually dying out.

Shin at this point is heavily involved with the freespace movement, and a very capable frigate/interceptor combat pilot. The mad CEO of the formerly Ishukone subsidiary Omerta Syndicate decided to recruit her, and went about it in his usual manner: he got something she wanted (in this case, the facilities and data from Red Star corporation, who created her gene-line), and worked out a deal whereby she'd fly for him in exchange for her gene-line getting access to the data, talent and facilities it needed to ensure it survived. She agrees.

It becomes clear during her time at Omerta Syndicate that the corporation existed to perform ethically challenging biotech research while providing a layer of plausible deniability to Ishukone. As these things so often go, they became something of an embarassment to their parent megacorp, and were "liquidated", an act of betrayal that left an indelible stamp on Zaitsev. The corporation leaves the State and continues its research, racking up some interesting enemies along the way. Around YC109, it manages to prosecute its feud against Ishukone, attacking and destroying a number of Ishukone Watch ships, after which it starts to collapse in on itself.

Shin at this point, driven by guilt over the nature of the research O-SYN had been doing, leaves and takes up with the Matari freedom fighters Electus Matari. After a brief time, Zaitsev pulls her back by offering to outright give Red Star to her gene line (the carrot), and threatening to block their access to it entirely should she refuse (the stick). She returns and is plunged back into research programs that are, if anything, even less ethical than any that the corporation had done before.

Here's where public knowledge trails off:
Around the time Heth comes to power, it becomes obvious that Omerta Syndicate's days as a black medical organization are numbered. At the same time, Zaitsev is becoming more and more unstable. Concerned over the possibilities of what a cornered Zaitsev would be capable of, she approaches a branch of the FIO (the Desier Bureau des Services Spéciaux, DBSS) as a "walk-in" and offers to cooperate in bringing down the Omerta Syndicate in exchange for FIO protection for her gene-line. Since she's highly placed in the organization at this point, she's able to provide them with comprehensive data about their capabilities, personnel and research programs.

After Omerta Syndicate's downfall, she leaves the organization and flies with Electus Matari for a while. As capsuleer assets - especially ones with a history of work within nationalist Caldari organizations - are rare, the DBSS trains her during this time in tradecraft as well as the philosophical techniques it uses in analysing situations. After a time they place her with Naraka, an empyrean organization loyal to the Angel Cartel. She provides the DBSS with details of this organization, then moves on to do the same while flying with Risen Angels, another Cartel organization.

Around this time she started having problems with an implant, which I won't go into here. DBSS recovered her and repaired the damage during most of YC114. Despite wanting to stop working as a covert asset, her handler convinced her to do one more project. Under DBSS's direction, she joined Pyre Falcon Defense Combine and provided DBSS with data on their capabilities and internal structure. At the end of this, she was retired as a covert asset.

She retains ties with DBSS through her handler Etienne, and occasionally acts upon their direction as an agent of provocation. Post-Colelie she has adopted a harsh anti-Republic stance which limits her utility as a covert asset in any of DBSS's intelligence-gathering operations along the Federation-Republic border. Etienne theorizes that she is being intentionally vocal in her opposition to the Republic as a way of forcing DBSS to respect her status as retired.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2013, 16:22 by Shintoko Akahoshi »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: [Character] Shintoko Akahoshi
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2011, 16:59 »

Weee, Gallentean character! \o/

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2011, 19:52 »

She was quite the Gallentean ultranationalist back in 2004... :)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2011, 10:35 »

Can always come back >_>

Also, like the thing about Achurized names. From what we know of the Gallente, they are in the habit of 'borrowing' from other cultures if they think it works, or its cool, or some such.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2011, 12:59 »

Can always come back >_>

Also, like the thing about Achurized names. From what we know of the Gallente, they are in the habit of 'borrowing' from other cultures if they think it works, or its cool, or some such.

I've actually given it some thought, now that I can enter Gallente space without being shot. :D

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2011, 14:49 »

I thought that CCP retconned the Tierijev pocket so that it no longer had any significance?

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2011, 15:02 »

That's fine.  The Tierijev aspect is more incidental than significant.  Ly'sol and I wanted to link our backstories, and he RPed as being from Tierijev, so it just grew from there.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2011, 15:07 »

Quote from: CCP Gnauton
Removed Chronicles “The Moon of Ndoria,” “The Tierijev Pocket,” “Reaching For The Stars” and “Past the Future Curbs” from the web site, as all were founded upon premises that made sense at the time of writing (before release) but are irreconcilable with modern-day EVE. Blessed be their memory.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1069891&page=1#2

The premise of the Tierijev chron was Gal-Cal cooperation in the realm of customs and trade issues. Modern-day EVE is...Fac War. Therefore, it is at least possible that the chron was removed not for its factual content, but the tone it sets for inter-empire relations. This is made more likely when comparing it to the other removed chrons, which all mention similar issues.

And even if the factual content is supposed to be completely abolished, it's still a place you can put into your background.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2013, 13:47 »

Edited for a long overdue update. That is, I'm ba-aa-aaaaack! Fiction will be forthcoming.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2013, 14:18 »

Shinny taco!

:cube:
Welcome back and yes. I feel terrible for having lost your mail and not been in touch.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2013, 15:08 »

Edited for a long overdue update. That is, I'm ba-aa-aaaaack! Fiction will be forthcoming.
Welcome back, O Red Mom of War.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2013, 16:04 »

A toko. :) <3

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #12 on: 02 Apr 2013, 16:44 »

Shinny Shin Shin!

(cookie to whoever gets the reference :yar:)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #13 on: 02 Apr 2013, 16:56 »

Shinny Shin Shin!

(cookie to whoever gets the reference :yar:)

Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #14 on: 02 Apr 2013, 17:46 »

Shintaco, best taco. \o/ :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: [1] 2