Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Matari] Circle of Tribes  (Read 4590 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
[Matari] Circle of Tribes
« on: 10 Jan 2011, 10:18 »

(The following is IC until I mark OoC. Using Backstage instead of IGS to avoid the inevitable influx of trolls and such until I've garnered a decent moderator pool to handle it)

The Circle of Tribes now welcomes all Matari.

Brothers and sisters. Tribals. Matari. Warriors and homemakers. Traders and manufacturers. Gods and Devils. Capsuleers all. You are invited to the Circle of Tribes. For a long time now, our people have been struggling and working to rebuild and renew ourselves after seven hundred years of bondage. We are still not what we were and may never truly be what we were, but we are each a testament to our unbreakable will. The planetbound still works. Still struggles and strive for improvement. Some have gone to other nations, others remain in bondage in the Empire. The one thing they all have in common is that they are still bound by their mortal selves. Not truly capable of achieving great change without the rest of their tribes and clans.

We are not bound as they are. Some call us demigods. Some call us eggers or podders. Others call us megalomanic lunatics. We are capsuleers and we are the only ones truly free to do what needs to be done. Our power is far beyond the mere mortals. Our wealth and force of destruction rivals that of the demigods we are sometimes named.

So be it... if we are demigods or even Gods... we have a duty to our blood and those yet planetbound. We have to do what they can not. We have to do right by the blood in our veins and remain Matari in all ways. All ways but one: We can not allow ourselves to be restrained by what we once were, nor by our differences. We must take our differences and our pasts and become something new.

How? By coming together. A thousand Matari demigods face to face, growing closer through understanding of each other and those who stand besides us. Conflict and great chasms stand between some of us, oh yes... but that is what made our tribes strong in the first place. We have been united in purpose before and the results shook New Eden to the core. Imagine then... brothers and sisters... if we were to gain such unity once more?

Come to the Circle of Tribes. Ushra'Khan. Electus Matari. All other Matari who are no longer bound by flesh, blood and mortality and instead thunder through the skies with our very minds encompassing entire systems. Come to the Circle and stand equal with all those who stand with you or opposed to you. Know that when we stand in unity we can overcome our differences and our troubles and maybe even accomplish the things we must.

Come to debate any and all things Matari. Come speak of what goals we share. The goals we do not share. Lay plans for what our people must do and what we can do to achieve it. Learn of each other and gain understanding even if not agreement. And if you are like I was... Matari by blood but not by rearing, come to learn what you are. To learn the language with which your blood sings to you, so that you may become Matari once more.

Come and know there are no slavers. No Empire to bicker and harangue you for your words and thoughts. Only those of your own blood, who no matter the differences in opinion or view, still remain what you are. Come, Matari... stand in the Circle of Tribes and let us become greater than we have ever been before.

New Moderators:

Borza Slavak of Ushra'Khan
Matariki Rain of Electus Matari

Still looking for one more Electus Matari moderator so they stand equal with Ushra'Khan and at least one from outside these two major Matari interest groups.

Additions to original purpose:

Scheduled topics of discussion.

We Matari have many serious issues facing us and many of us have concerns and topics we feel must be raised and debated amongst us. While topics can be raised at any moment, structured talks will be a benefit for us all. At scheduled times announced beforehand there will be certain topics to debate for all Matari present. We will add to these topics as they come up, either through suggestions or through seeing what is needed to discuss. Current topics that will be discussed (at times we will set later) include:

The value of diversity versus our need for unity.
- Our strengths in diversity.
- Our weaknesses in diversity.
- Our need for unity, does it exist?

Peaceful Solutions to the War
- Terms
- Possibility

Feel free to bring suggestions to any of the moderators listed above.

OoC:

So, what's all this then?

Channel: Circle of Tribes

MotD:
"Most Ancient Matar, my hands remember you...
They are strong, to embrace my brother and sister.
They are gentle, to comfort the orphan and widow.
And they are swift to avenge the fallen and enslaved."

All who are truly Matari or have truly dedicated themselves to the Tribes are welcome here, to share understanding, concerns, grievances, fears, causes and determination. For too long the planetbound of the Tribes have remained silent and bound by their lack of power, freedom and wealth. We are not, capsuleers as we are. Together we can do what they can not... if we unite. Not to become one, but to become many with the same goals. To once more connect and become the Tribes.

Leave behind hate and the petty grievances. Discuss our differences and both the goals we share and those we do not. With understanding... we may find ourselves more powerful and determined than ever before.

Welcome, brother and sister... to the Circle of Tribes.

Purpose: A Summit style channel for Matari to discuss and debate all things Matari. In time, perhaps even form a capsuleer's Tribal Council in order to promote unity and shared goals/directions and cooperation across Corporation/Alliance/Single Capsuleer borders. No "NO U!" which is what almost any debate on the Summit turns into once Slaver/Anti-Slaver or Republic/Empire supporters butt heads.

There's enough differences within the Matari RPers to make things both interesting and challenging, but at least there's not diametrically opposite sides here.

This isn't a U'K venture nor is it a Miz venture. That's just the birth place of this channel. I hope in time that it'll be a truly shared venture between Matari RPers. In that regard, I am 'hiring' as it were:

I need moderators. Non-U'K moderators to ensure no alliance favoritism. At least one or two from Electus Matari would be nice and maybe one or two who're not especially aligned with any major Matari/Anti-Empire/Republic style Alliance/Corp. That'd go a long way to ensure impartiality and promote unity even through the differences.

In time, I am even envisioning a Tribal Council composed of representatives of all walks of Capsuleer Matari life. Ex-Slaves. Tribalists. Republic reporters. Peace/cooperation supporters and those who're chafing at the bit, wanting to tear the throat of the Empire out. That is still a long way off, but this may be a birth of that. Imagine... all Matari cooperating on common goals? All Matari being truly united through at least an understanding of each other? That... would be frightening.

Join the channel and see for yourself. Talk and discuss. I would be very glad if Electus Matari members and others would contact me either here or in the channel itself for Moderator status.

Oh, and Amarrians, Gallenteans and Caldari are by default not welcome until Moderators of at least two current Matari Factions agree that the character is as good as Matari. I'd appreciate it if I wouldn't have to kick people disrespecting that. I'll add moderator names and such here until we're enough Moderators of enough factions to ensure we can weed the trolls out and keep those who belong there, then make a proper IGS announcement. Do consider the above IC segment an IC invitation sent out publicly to Matari factions, corps and alliances, though.

Welcome to the Circle of Tribes, ladies and gentlemen.

« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2011, 19:57 by Mizhara »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: [Matari] Circle of Tribes
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2011, 11:05 »

Good luck!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2011, 12:28 »

Joining channel, and potentially interested in helping moderate.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2011, 12:31 »

Same, on both counts. But going to lurk for a bit first!

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2011, 12:48 »

\o/

Good luck building up the channel. I've always been excited OOC at the thought of tribes and clans getting together and doing tribe and clan type stuff amongst themselves.
Will work for pretty sig.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2011, 12:50 »

Good luck with that, you're going to need it with some people trying to IC prolong the Minmatar/Amarr thing.
Just make sure you get decent, impartial mods to keep it clean. If you can keep things clean with Brutor running around...
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2011, 11:58 »

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "trying to prolong the Amarr/Minmatar thing" above?

And GL to Miz with it, yes; sounds like a fun initiative.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2011, 13:06 »

Wondered the same, and thank you.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2011, 23:30 »

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "trying to prolong the Amarr/Minmatar thing" above?
War, unrest, raiding eachother's stuff. More stuff.
Couldn't think of the right word for it so I did what any good foreigner does and call it a 'thing'.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan 2011, 05:06 »

We have two more moderators, still looking for two more. One more EM and at least one from outside these two Matari interest groups.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2011, 10:35 »

War, unrest, raiding eachother's stuff. More stuff.
Couldn't think of the right word for it so I did what any good foreigner does and call it a 'thing'.
So, err, you are saying, people should stop RPing the fact that their nations are at war? Or what?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2011, 13:06 »

Best of luck with this!!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 15 Jan 2011, 09:44 »

Updated OP with a little artwork symbolizing the project.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 15 Jan 2011, 11:22 »

Updated the OP with the following:

Quote from: Original Post

Additions to original purpose:

Scheduled topics of discussion.

We Matari have many serious issues facing us and many of us have concerns and topics we feel must be raised and debated amongst us. While topics can be raised at any moment, structured talks will be a benefit for us all. At scheduled times announced beforehand there will be certain topics to debate for all Matari present. We will add to these topics as they come up, either through suggestions or through seeing what is needed to discuss. Current topics that will be discussed (at times we will set later) include:

The value of diversity versus our need for unity.
- Our strengths in diversity.
- Our weaknesses in diversity.
- Our need for unity, does it exist?

Peaceful Solutions to the War
- Terms
- Possibility

Feel free to bring suggestions to any of the moderators listed above.

We're coming ever closer to an IGS announcement. All we need would be one more EM moderator and preferably one or two from outside U'K or EM.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #14 on: 17 Jan 2011, 16:56 »

Miz, I'll PM you about an idea.
Pages: [1] 2