Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Emperor Heideran VII died on 17.09YC105  of Turit Disease just two weeks after the publication of his opus 'Pax Amarria'.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Matari] Circle of Tribes  (Read 4592 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: [Matari] Circle of Tribes
« Reply #15 on: 17 Jan 2011, 19:21 »

Replied.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #16 on: 17 Jan 2011, 19:28 »

The artwork image looks like it suffers from a fair bit of jpeg compression.

Was it saved improperly?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 17 Jan 2011, 19:57 »

Could be, but the artwork (which cost me 125 mill) is no longer applicable. I'll remove it in a few minutes as 'Unity' is apparently not a word tolerated by EM.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #18 on: 17 Jan 2011, 20:28 »

I wish that surprised me.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 17 Jan 2011, 21:39 »

I'll remove it in a few minutes as 'Unity' is apparently not a word tolerated by EM.

It would be fairer to say that a couple of EM pilots who were asked for their opinions expressed reservations.

EM itself does not have a position on it, as most of them are unaware of the channel.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jan 2011, 23:13 »

My apologies. The EM pilots involved had issues with it. Even going so far as to saying it was 'tainted'.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jan 2011, 05:27 »

Since it was me who used the word "tainted", I will explain how I saw the situation.

I was directly asked by Miz about the artwork. I had actually looked at it before, but chosen not to say anything, because I thought the issue was minor at this point (IC), and not thinking it would necessarily be beneficial to the channel project (OOC). The question was posed IC, so I responded IC.

I said it looked good, but the slogan ("STRENGTH IN UNITY") seems to me ill-adviced, because UNITY, being the U'K ticker, is not a neutral word anymore, and the idea is to set up a common channel.

In the following discussion I also referred to the past Minmatar internal conflicts between secessionists and loyalists, which almost lead to a civil war between capsuleers, and in which "unity" was, unfortunately, repeatedly used to mean "stop quarreling and do things our way". While the word "unity" was more used by U'K for obvious reasons, both sides were equally guilty of demanding unity be achieved by the other side stopping doing their thing, which I OOCly found fun RP at the time and still do. I used the word "tainted" in describing this, yes. As I have since ICly clarified to Miz, I did not mean "tainted" by Ushra'Khan being ebil people, but by those events.

At no point did I say that I objected to the slogan myself, IC or OOC. I merely said, IC, that it might not be the best tag line, considering that 1) a lot of people associate the word with Ushra'Khan, and might either think that the channel is more an U'K thing than we'd like them to think, and 2) some people remember the above and might be even more put off. I (IC and OOC) still think that's true.

And I still don't (IC or OOC) throw my toys out of the pram and refuse to have anything to do with the channel or stop advertising it to others if you end up using it anyway. Instead, I was planning do my share of explaining that it's not meant that way if 1) or 2) actually realize. I did not expect you to pull the artwork. When you did, I offered to participate in paying for the next round, which was refused.

Take from that what you will, good people of the Backstage. But please don't try and imply I was a nasty person who jumped up on your artwork just because I am petty about the word. She asked, I gave feedback on how others might see it, while personally not making one single implication of a demand to remove it.

EDITed to add: Moreover, the IC discussion started after Miz had seen me mention on OOC, related to a completely unrelated quote, that the word was ICly problematic. She asked me, seeing that, if I had seen the CoT artwork yet. I said I had. So hell yes, I assumed that since she brought it up IC immediately after, it was ok to RP it too. Sue me.

K thx bai.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2011, 14:32 by Elsebeth Rhiannon »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jan 2011, 13:32 »

The RP is fine, and the artwork's pulled as a result of it. Nothing to get worked up about.

Pages: 1 [2]