Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yulai Protest Saturday 18/12  (Read 6031 times)

Kazzzi

• Egger
Re: Yulai Protest Saturday 18/12
« Reply #30 on: 25 Dec 2010, 12:03 »

I went ahead and requested that the link be removed.

I'm trying to clarify some things with the reporter, but I'm not sure if it will help. I didn't notice any Electus Matari at the event, but the reporter believes you were there in force.

The whole thing was Ugleb's brainchild. It was a fun event, went pretty smoothly, most of the speakers managed to finish before the more vocal trolls showed up. Stitcher was there to counter protest, was cool to have opposing arguments.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #31 on: 26 Dec 2010, 07:08 »

Yeah between the reporter generally being somewhat unclear about, well, everything ('Why protest in Amarrian Yulai and not systems with CONCORD stations in Gallente, Minmatar of Caldari space?' to paraphrase one) and them interviewing two of our leadership who had been unable to attend the news will probably end up a bit facepalm-worthy.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #32 on: 07 Jan 2011, 12:52 »

http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4314&tid=7

Yulai, Genesis - On the 18.12.112 Ushra'Khan [UNITY] lead a protest against CONCORD. According to Forlorn Wongraven, a UNITY official, The Star Fraction and Electus Matari alliances also attended the protest to express their disapproval for CONCORD's perceived "pro-Amarrian bias."

The protest began at 21:00 and was held, according to Rye Contini "against CONCORD's pro-Amarrian bias" and "favoritism." Ushra'Khan claim this manifests in many forms, including the recent replacement of all learning skill books with copies of the Pax Amarria. Forlorn Wongraven said CONCORD favoritism towards the Amarr Empire was "more than obvious." UNITY sources have said that they will assault and kill anyone who aids the Amarr nation or supports slavery, and that anyone who acts in favor of the Amarr Empire's rules and regulations "deserves to die."

During the protest, which has been summed up as "peaceful" by the organizers, Ushra'Khan representatives claim to have destroyed around five thousand copies of the Pax Amarria, many inside a Harbinger battlecruiser, which was, according to its pilot Kazzzi, (a former PIE pilot who defected to Ushra'Khan) "issued several years ago by an Amarrian paramilitary capsuleer corporation." Kazzzi, who was the pilot of the destroyed Harbinger class ship, stated that He went on to say that Ushra'Khan will accept a reform of CONCORD instead of its removal and that is why they are engaging in peaceful protests rather than an open war.

Aralis of Curatores Veritatis Alliance [CVA] - a long-standing Amarr loyalist alliance - said he found the allegations against CONCORD strange as he considered the organization to have severely hampered CVA's efforts to expand the Empire's territory into Providence. According to Aralis, CVA will not take any hostile actions against the protests.

Neither [-SF-] nor [-EM-] representatives could be reached to confirm or comment on their alleged participation in the event.

Since the anti-CONCORD protest of 18.12.112, Ushra'Khan have not organized any further protest against CONCORD and no statement from CONCORD has been received so far.

Not as bad a story as I'd thought, accuracy-wise. Though I don't remember seeing a single -EM- pilot in attendance.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 07 Jan 2011, 13:11 »

Re: EM in the demo, see IGS. We were definitely there not as an alliance, I have yet to speak to any individual that was there, and me, the head diplomat, or the alliance leader were none of us actually contacted by ISD for comment. ;)

I can confirm that a learning skill book in my hangar simply went poof, no replacement by Pax Amarria. Did not have any on contract, so no idea on that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]