Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Gallente politicians on IGS?  (Read 16742 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Gallente politicians on IGS?
« on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:06 »

What's this business all about, I wonder... they each have a corporation, all four created on the same day, with themselves as the sole members - with a short blurb of their party standings:

Quote from: Emelena Morro, Federal Progressive Party
Ours is a nation of limitless opportunity and freedom in which the right of all peoples, regardless of race or creed, to strive for their dreams is protected from interference and oppression. In such a place, the mysteries of time and space fade before the ingenuity of our scientists. The canyons of economy are bridged by our innovation and industry. The best in you is the best in us, and with that strength we move forward.

Embrace challenge and rise to become all that is within your potential. Join us.

Liberal hippie technocrats!

Quote from: Renjith Prabeaux, Federal Social Democratic Party
Amid a dark and storming ocean our Federation stands, a lone island mount buffeted by wave and wind yet unmoving, promising refuge upon its shores to any who cry for shelter. None are turned away, for all are deserving of succor and there is a space enough for every one. Give us your weak and weary, your dirty and outcast, so that they may shine in light of freedom.

How we treat the least among us is how we shall be measured. Help ensure just governance for all. Join us.

Humanitarians!

Quote from: Alain Octirant, Federal Nationalist Party
Fellow Gallenteans, our freedoms – nay, our very lives – are under threat. The throng of a thousand alien empires assembles at the gates of our enlightened city and demands entry. Our leaders dilute our principles in order to survive this siege. But the beating heart of life is sublime liberty, and such mere survival is no life at all. To whom then does freedom belong? It belongs only to those who would defend it!

Take up the Shield of Rouvenor. Stand watch upon Freedom's walls. Join us.

Right-wing chickenhawks!

Quote from: Keretta Tokel, Federal Unionist Party
We are a land of many nations. We are deep space explorers. We are the huddled masses, longing to breathe freedom. We will risk it all. We imagine the impossible and make it the truth. We hold the line and charge headlong towards our destiny. We are all races but one people, united by the principle that all are equal and uniformly entitled under the law of common conscience.

Stay true to the Federation's founding and help achieve the egalitarian ideal. Join us.

Unificationists!

What's everyone make of this?

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
Re: Gallente politicians on IGS?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:08 »

One person, many alts? /trolol?

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:12 »

Honestly... I've shoveled bullshit on the farm that didn't smell this bad.

[opinion]Planetside politics on such a "small scale" have no place on IGS. If people want to RP 'local politics', they should find other people with similar RP interests and do it in private channels. There's absolutely no reason any more than 1-3 Capsuleers would ever give a shit about a single planetary election process.[/opinion]

[disclaimer]My opinions are my own, and are liable to seem abrasive; they are not, however, intended as personal attacks and should be viewed objectively. I just CBA right now to try and put it in 'nice' terms[/disclaimer]

Vieve

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:27 »

What's everyone make of this?

The Magic 8-Ball suggests that the parties might be concerned that Roden's going to become a Generalissimo, and they don't think they have a chance in hell of getting him out of office, unless the capsuleers decide they want to take an interest in politics (maybe it could be argued that it's been on the wane since the Foiritan/Blaque/Autrech election. ;) ).

And hey, how about those Roden Police NPCs cropping up in various systems, hmmmmm?

The other Magic 8-Ball suggests that somebody doesn't want Americans to be able to escape political news by playing EvE.

And the other Magic 8-Ball suggests I should lay off the leftover Halloween candy.

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:31 »

Yes, I definitely got echoes of the inscription on the Statue of Liberty after reading some of these. Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free...

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #5 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:35 »

And the other Magic 8-Ball suggests I should lay off the leftover Halloween candy.

Hehe.

Vieve

« Reply #6 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:43 »

Yes, I definitely got echoes of the inscription on the Statue of Liberty after reading some of these. Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free...

I laughed a lot while reading the one from the Progressives.  It's neat how they're appealing to business owners and independent research firms, as if capsuleers are supposed to forget all about how their former standard bearer tried to seize direct control of corporations.

(Or maybe whomever's fronting for the Progressives forgot all about that.)

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:54 »

[opinion]Planetside politics on such a "small scale" have no place on IGS. If people want to RP 'local politics', they should find other people with similar RP interests and do it in private channels. There's absolutely no reason any more than 1-3 Capsuleers would ever give a shit about a single planetary election process.[/opinion]

I sort of disagree.

I think that it's okay and sometimes interesting if there are larger ramifications; ie. something may up affecting another state/party. Someone's trying to secede from the greater union: good. Someone is angry that their taxes were jacked by 1%: bad.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:56 »

I quite like it, the Federation has always been described as a space nation more than the other empires.....the Federal administration itself is an NPC corp with stations littered across the regions.

It would seem natural that all politicians would want to grab a few votes and favors from the god-like capsuleers who remain loyal to the national ideals....

Will get the popcorn and see how this unfolds.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #9 on: 01 Nov 2010, 15:55 »

Oh, wow, I am thoroughly impressed by the level of detail and effort they have put into this, and I am also thoroughly impressed by us roleplayers going "Ohai!" instead of going "RP is wrong".

They've done their old Fed chron reading, picking up on the two main parties, the Progressors and Sociocrats, as well as the Unionists (with a Brutor chairwoman too, as per the chron), and even had their own Nationalist flavour...I imagine the more moderate successors of the Ultra-Nationalists.

There was also the "Federal-Populist" party mentioned during the Roden election campaign, with Garioss, I imagine for the sake of consistency it could be the Federal Populist Party...I would say they are taking extensive liberties in the fact of RPing the leaders of the parties BUT with Blaque and Foiritan gone, and any mention of parties in recent PF has sort of waned so v0v (EDIT: Nvm, Alain Octirant mentioned the "populists aren't going through with it")

I watch with interest!

EDIT: Aha, they are not claiming to be Senators, but non-politician members of the respective parties. Fair play.
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2010, 15:59 by Seriphyn »

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #10 on: 01 Nov 2010, 17:50 »

I for one think it's a nice change from the blood fetish capsuleer sex slave romance rivalries taking place.

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 01 Nov 2010, 18:56 »

Three eightballs in one sitting? No wonder you're hyper.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 01 Nov 2010, 19:13 »

They've done their old Fed chron reading, picking up on the two main parties, the Progressors and Sociocrats, as well as the Unionists (with a Brutor chairwoman too, as per the chron), and even had their own Nationalist flavour...I imagine the more moderate successors of the Ultra-Nationalists.

There was also the "Federal-Populist" party mentioned during the Roden election campaign, with Garioss, I imagine for the sake of consistency it could be the Federal Populist Party...I would say they are taking extensive liberties in the fact of RPing the leaders of the parties BUT with Blaque and Foiritan gone, and any mention of parties in recent PF has sort of waned so v0v (EDIT: Nvm, Alain Octirant mentioned the "populists aren't going through with it")

ok i am officially an ignorant, i only knew progressors and sociocrats, but just how many party blocs are there? what about the mentioned vultures? doves? as those were "voting" blocs......i think i am a bit lost with this whole "politicians" thing.

Vieve

« Reply #13 on: 01 Nov 2010, 19:25 »

Three eightballs in one sitting? No wonder you're hyper.

Reply Hazy.  Must Take Nap.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #14 on: 01 Nov 2010, 19:42 »

Bruno -

The voter blocs are literally blocs, not political parties, and there's likely not a correlation between who votes for who.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8