Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Gallente politicians on IGS?  (Read 16741 times)

Vendrin

• Clonejack
Re: Gallente politicians on IGS?
« Reply #30 on: 19 Nov 2010, 01:02 »

Rather enjoying it, and interacting where I can.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 Nov 2010, 20:27 »

Rather enjoying it, and interacting where I can.

Likewise. It's interesting to have someone taking the part of baseliners coming to speak with us and try to woo us to their cause.

I'm baffled by the wardec though. Seems a tad pointless.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #32 on: 23 Nov 2010, 21:54 »

I'm slightly disappointed to see Soter continuing the line of claiming the posters are fabrications, but I suppose that it makes for a particularly convincing brand of conspiracy theorist. :)

Vikarion

« Reply #33 on: 23 Nov 2010, 22:37 »

I'm slightly disappointed to see Soter continuing the line of claiming the posters are fabrications, but I suppose that it makes for a particularly convincing brand of conspiracy theorist. :)

How can I put this very nicely...

Hmm.

Soter has not had...an "accepting" reaction...to the concept that the Federation is not a bright and shining light in the darkness of New Eden.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 23 Nov 2010, 22:42 »

That's realistic, though. You and I both know many, many individuals with the same viewpoint about the US.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 24 Nov 2010, 00:17 »

Soter has not had...an "accepting" reaction...to the concept that the Federation is not a bright and shining light in the darkness of New Eden.
That's realistic, though. You and I both know many, many individuals with the same viewpoint about the US.
I can only guess at the intentions of Soter's player; but I do not think the character is that simplistic.

The character Soter appears to view the real Federation as having fallen from what it can and should be.  He holds up the original concept of the Federation as a bright and shining beacon for the rest of the Federation and New Eden to pursue, not the Federation as it stands.  He reels against what he views as unconstitutional actions and tainting political parties.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #36 on: 24 Nov 2010, 00:29 »

I agree, and I also think the wardec was an interesting, role-playing way for him to get his point across.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 24 Nov 2010, 03:33 »

I agree, and I also think the wardec was an interesting, role-playing way for him to get his point across.

Sorry, but I consider the act of declaring war on people during an IGS disagreement out of place. "You do not agree with me? I keeel you!" We all know that these characters likely never will log into the game even less leave a station. As one who role-plays through actions I am very much aware of the limitations of in game mechanics to show sign of disagreement besides declaring war on each other. Still, as this element primarily resides within the domain of IGS it will be hard to do something meaningful about with in-game actions.

Am I the only one who distinguish between IGS, in game actions, official and player written lore and while they all make up the World of EVE not everything can be freely transferred between domains?
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2010, 03:42 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #38 on: 24 Nov 2010, 09:11 »

Sorry, but I consider the act of declaring war on people during an IGS disagreement out of place. "You do not agree with me? I keeel you!"

Maybe so, but Jules is at least consistent in this regard. The ILF has the battle scars to prove it.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 24 Nov 2010, 09:23 »

So, I made this quite clear in character. But do I need to copy-paste my IC explanation for an out of character discussion, as well?

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #40 on: 24 Nov 2010, 09:44 »

Only if your IC actions are driven by your OOC considerations. Or vice-versa.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #41 on: 24 Nov 2010, 10:02 »

Only if these people's IC actions are driven by their OOC considerations. Or vice-versa. You mean.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #42 on: 24 Nov 2010, 10:04 »

No, I mean that you only need to repost your IC stuff as OOC if they're the same. (I'm not saying that they are, mind, just responding to your question. :) )

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 24 Nov 2010, 10:10 »

So, the people reposting the same opinions their characters have on the IGS on the forum are operating under the same methodology, yes?

Which means I would need to post my character's response i this forum so these same individuals could have the chance to read said response again.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #44 on: 24 Nov 2010, 10:39 »

I think you may be jumping to some conclusions here. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8