Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Author Topic: Faction Standing Grind Optimization Mission Hubs  (Read 5659 times)

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

So, back in the Days of Yore, there was a thread on Eve-O which featured a list of specific, optimized standing-gain mission hubs. These mission hubs were systems which featured a lot of agents from mission divisions that gave lots of courier work for a given corporation or faction, meaning one could quickly raise standings with that faction or NPC corp.

This is extremely useful shit if you're gonna farm datacores; chained courier missions are the fastest method to getting shit-tons of storyline missions and thus the best thing evar for passive incomes and startups that want to get into T2.

In short, does anyone remember if that thread exists and where? Otherwise, we should poast mission hubs.

I'll start.

Carthum Conglomerate: Asiros. Or Asrios, or whatever. Bring an indy and look for more agents to work for in the systems you fly into on the way to completing your courier chain.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 15:00 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: Mission hubs?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 02:05 »

SSOE - Erindur if you're in Empire space. Three agents that give courier work.

In lolPureBlind, ROIR-Y has seven agents and X-7OMU has four.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 02:06 »

Ishukoan has four in Baviasi and four in Kheram, the foreigner-loving dogs. No wonder Gairuishi got his ass killed. Daymn.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 10:21 »

Hmm, so there are two different usages for the term mission hub?

Usually when I talk about mission hubs I mean places where large numbers of L4 combat missions are completed (Motsu, Penirgman, Dodixie, etc.) not with lots of couriers.

For Minmatar I think the best system by far is Gulfonodi with 28 agents of various qualities, mostly courier / mining types. Easily the best place to get Minmatar faction standings outside of COSMOS missions and Data Centers.

EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 14:44 »

If you've ever run a sufficiently integrated courier chain and gotten three storyline missions an hour, you begin to come 'round to the idea that courier work is where it's at for defining what a mission hub is. Admittedly, these mission hubs optimize faction standing treadmills, and if there's anything you need in EVE, it's less fucking grind.

But for the uninitiated, I'll change the thread topic a little.

ALSO, don't give raw numbers of agents in this thread, plox. Count and give me a number that reflects how many agents there are in a division whose percent breakdown favors courier work, or where courier missions make up 50% of division assignment handouts. A good standby is anything from the Accounting, Archives, Distribution, Financial, Manufacturing, Marketing, Mining, Production, or Storage divisions.

Gulfonodi, for example, only has 13 courier agents, and may be less opportune for those who wish to raise standings with Matari R&D corps, as there are absolutely no Core Complexion or Boundless Creation agents in sight; they're all Native Freshfood lackeys. When the interactions of the standings system are taken into account, this is useful for some things, but fucking terribad for a good datacore farm, and so Gulfindi is clearly a faction standing farm (unless there's an IC point to farming for Native Freshfood aside from recursion. Oh, lul.); when one considers that the payoff for a mission hub being calibrated to a specific corporation is quicker access to storyline missions for that corp, things shift further.

The benefit of npc-corp specific hubs for more profitable datacore farman and shorter standings grinds should be purty obvious, tho.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 14:59 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
Re: Faction Standing Grind Optimization Mission Hubs
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 17:22 »

There are a couple of pirate mission systems with 4 lvl Q 20 agents in a station ( G-ME2K in Stain I know of and I think there's one in Venal for Guristas). Excellent if you want to blitz pirate LP.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2010, 22:50 »

Good contribution, Vlads.

Jonathan Morrison

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2010, 02:35 »

5zxx-k in Pureblind has a station with a Lv1, Lv3, and Lv4 agent for Mordus Legion, can't remember the exact Quality of the Lv4, but it's pretty high especially with skills trained. Good for grinding LPs and Isk as well if you can get up there safely.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2010, 03:14 »

G-0Q in Curse is the best hub I've seen in NPC 0.0 in a while. One station has 5 or 6 lvl4 Q16 or higher agents for Guardian Angels and the other station has the same for Archangels.

Beware though, this is also where DarkSide bases out of along with some others. However if you wait till Russian downtime, you can run them hassle free.