Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that small, portable credit scanners can be used for facilitating personal transactions? (p. 90)

Author Topic: Political compass of the empires  (Read 2206 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

Political compass of the empires
« on: 16 Oct 2010, 19:30 »

Did the test, acting as if I was a citizen of each empire based on original documents and chronicles for each. This is what I got.

Amarr Empire:

Caldari State:

Gallente Federation:

Minmatar Republic:

Tell me what you think is correct or incorrect, but overall was fun. Also funny that the caldari and gallente match their colors.

EDIT: This isn't representative of each sub-group of the factions, just a generalized view.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2010, 22:09 by Benjamin Shepherd »

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Re: Political compass of the empires
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2010, 20:23 »

Interesting, and fairly accurate I think, broadly speaking. Interesting to see the Amarr come up as relatively left-wing.

I guess theocracy and communism come up as pretty much the same thing on this test.

Whn I made my character, I chose the empire that I felt I was most closely aligned with, politically speaking and it seems I hit the mark.

Not if Seriphyn (the character) gets his way, though.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2010, 21:00 »

Accurate in terms of quadrants but I'd argue over the exact position. There is no way, for instance, that the Federation is that socially libertarian, as the extreme axis is for anarchy.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2010, 22:08 »

Accurate in terms of quadrants but I'd argue over the exact position. There is no way, for instance, that the Federation is that socially libertarian, as the extreme axis is for anarchy.

Of course. The possibilities are endless; for example, Seriphyn would come up as more socially conservative, and the Liberal bloc of State citizens would be a bit more, well, liberal.

There are also progressive Amarrians, who are less strict in their lifestyles, and so on and so forth.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2010, 14:49 »

I'd be interested in seeing your answers for every question on the test - yes, rather than the graphs - for the four empires, and perhaps also for the inner-cluster subfactions.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2010, 15:02 »

I'd be interested in seeing your answers for every question on the test - yes, rather than the graphs - for the four empires, and perhaps also for the inner-cluster subfactions.

Dear god that will be time consuming.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2010, 15:15 »

Just copy all the questions into a post and type out a sentence for each one explaining your answers, or leave it up here for others to answer :P

Otherwise, we don't know the rationale behind your choices and can't offer input you may sorely need.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2010, 15:42 »

There's like 100 questions.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2010, 15:49 »

I thought minnies were more despotic than that, surely!

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2010, 16:02 »

I thought minnies were more despotic than that, surely!

I combined freedom fighters and loyalists, and emphasizing a tribal, "family" attitude. I also answered strongly agree to anything that restricts a person's individual rights, which explains the somewhat libertarian approach.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2010, 17:45 »

There's like 100 questions.
Counting them's certainly a start!