Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (The Burning Life, p. 59)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unsettled  (Read 4411 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Unsettled
« on: 14 Oct 2010, 02:55 »

So for the last few days I've felt really really creeped out and unsettled all the time, like something is sneaking up on me, things lurking in the shadows, its been building up worse and worse and I find I am unable to ignore it at all. The other thing is, its not just me, my girlfriend has that same feeling, and I asked a couple of my friends and they've felt the same way: just slightly creeped out and unsettled, and I'm starting to see connections that are, frankly, just making my skin crawl, the count of gay youth suicides this month up to 11, a lot of uneasy relationships people I know were in have come to a head violently in the last few days, and....it just feels like something is wrong, something is happening.

So this is a call out to other spiritually minded people on the boards, or even anyone whose noticed this. Whats going on, how far afield does it spread, whats coming, if anything?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
Re: Unsettled
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2010, 03:05 »

I sometimes get unexplainable feelings about things too, but I've got nothing like what you're talking about.

Not that I've really been paying attention with how busy I've been, but if it was bad, I'd have noticed anyway.
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Aodha Khan

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2010, 04:29 »

Goshien

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2010, 05:33 »

I'm having a similar feeling, though I chalk it up to having very little to occupy my mind of late. It comes and goes occasionally, and I've really never reliably had anything bad happen when it does pop up. I don't consider myself spiritual in any way, but my logical self would say it comes from my subconscious working through information that I'm not really focusing on, but is there poking at the back of my brain.

As far as the gay youth suicides, I can see how that and the general attitudes that flare up (at least in my country) around elections could cause worry and no small amount of stress.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2010, 06:32 »

As someone who suffers from anxiety and clinical depression, I suggest seeing a professional. :) Hope things get better for you!

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2010, 13:12 »

The days are getting shorter.

Suicide rates always go up when the days get shorter.

Best way to deal with it is prepare for winter, indulge in your natural instinct to hoard stuff, sleep well, eat good food, drink good drink, basically cater to your second chakra, your inner child and the needs it craves. From there you will get security that can get you through tough times like that.
The fact that you notice things like this means that your heart chakra is open and you can use that to accept the problems that may arise from the other lower chakras being in imbalance, the young adulthood of the third chakra and its buried emotions. The wounded child of the second and the unsatisfied baby of the first.
Love yourself and you can pretty much make it through anything.

Of course this is just general stuff and nothing specific to you, everybody has different emotional, physical and spiritual patterns and to work with them, in my opinion, is a way for a fuller happier life.
Hang in there.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2010, 13:24 »

Weird, I've been going through the exact opposite...energy and drive...

Humans are strange engines.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2010, 13:47 »

@ OP: On the bright side you're not describing psychosis.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2010, 15:18 »

It's fall, the country you're in is in a bad state, the media are gearing up for the crunch portion of an election cycle, it's fall, midterms are occurring for a lot of college kids, it's fall, and there's an angst solstice in occurrence.

The changing of the seasons is sufficient to drive enormous populations of organisms into migratory behavior that sends them so far south it ain't even funny.

Save your spiritual capacities for moments when you need succor, not when you need a convenient fix for a number of problems with significant mundane factors. Bad shit can happen when the coven's solutions go wrong. Ritual and faith is for binding oneself closer together to others, not for warding off mental bullshit you haven't tried to explain very hard.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 14 Oct 2010, 15:42 »

I won't really speak to the rest of it, but if you think something is following you around, tell it, politely but firmly, to go away.  Sometimes, when I get that feeling, that will work.  And when that is gone, the rest might not seem as scary.  Trouble usually seems worse when something else is spooking you out.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2010, 16:04 »

Remember Courage Wolf.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #11 on: 14 Oct 2010, 16:08 »

It's just the brain's way of dealing with change, be it environmental or social. It can be different for many; positive or negative.

If you have a history of any depression or the like, I'd go speak to someone.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2010, 18:05 »

Strange, but i usually had this "awareness" of energies flowing around......now they just feel tangled....

Shrugs, as i get older, i feel less ....you just HTFU about it and keep moving.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2010, 22:09 »

Yeah, here it's getting warmer, days are getting brighter and longer and, aside from being tired and getting over a cold, all is good.

You'll be fine, Nikita.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2010, 22:40 »

Yeah, here it's getting warmer, days are getting brighter and longer

Mammal's an antipode?

I suggest seeing a professional.

@Nikita: I certainly doubt there's anything afoot, as it were.  Cas' suggestion is a good one.  If there are things you can't quite explain, and especially unsettling or negative things, it can really help to talk about them to someone whose profession it is to listen.
Pages: [1] 2