Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Personality test your capsuleer!  (Read 20747 times)

Tara A

• Clonejack
    • The Star Fraction
Re: Personality test your capsuleer!
« Reply #60 on: 02 Sep 2014, 07:30 »

I sometimes decide to try and play again, I always fail. But anyway it is one of those times, and I thought this might be interesting. So answered as Tara was back in the day:

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

Completely botched the negotiator part, she never was. No idea how she would be now of course, as she was the product of Jericho/Star Fraction. And that ship has sailed.

[spoiler]Jung Test Results

Extroverted (E) 69% Introverted (I) 31%
Sensing (S) 54% Intuitive (N) 46%
Thinking (T) 66% Feeling (F) 34%
Perceiving (P) 71% Judging (J) 29%

Your type is: ESTP[/spoiler]

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #61 on: 02 Sep 2014, 11:46 »

CHARLES:
Introverted (I) 59% Extroverted (E) 41%
Intuitive (N) 71% Sensing (S) 29%
Feeling (F) 72% Thinking (T) 28%
Perceiving (P) 71% Judging (J) 29%

Your type is: INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

The full description is hilariously accurate, though offering a bit of meta knowledge (not that I mind). Reading over it again, it's a fitting descriptor. Charles putting up a farce and pretending to be vain and social? No, it can't be!  ;)

Arista:

ENFJ - "Persuader". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 2.5% of total population.

"Aggressive at helping others" just strikes me as someone grabbing somebody's shirt and shouting, "CHEER UP OR I'LL HIT YOU" followed by a bout of screaming. Good thing Arista Baptista doesn't do that because that'd be terrifying.

Veikitamo:

Extroverted (E) 54% Introverted (I) 46%
Intuitive (N) 84% Sensing (S) 16%
Thinking (T) 80% Feeling (F) 20%
Judging (J) 88% Perceiving (P) 12%

Your type is: ENTJ

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

Well this makes plenty of sense, really, considering she is sort of a field marshall. Admiral, or whatever. I don't know navy ranks.
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #62 on: 02 Sep 2014, 19:29 »

Veikitamo:

Extroverted (E) 54% Introverted (I) 46%
Intuitive (N) 84% Sensing (S) 16%
Thinking (T) 80% Feeling (F) 20%
Judging (J) 88% Perceiving (P) 12%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

Well this makes plenty of sense, really, considering she is sort of a field marshall. Admiral, or whatever. I don't know navy ranks.

Actually if I was honest, Veikitamo as a character I would say is an INTJ. In terms of her background, she grew up as a very introverted personality. She didn't socialize, she played video games, she watched Caldari anime or whatever, she read books, she loved to study and learn. This is reflected in her chosen fields of work prior to being a capsuleer: she was an electronic warfare technician in the Navy, then a tactical space controller/forward observer as a Marine, then she worked in a HR investigative unit in the POU, then she was a corporate lawyer for SuVee. All her chosen fields required her to learn new skills -- technical or otherwise -- or required high degrees of problem solving capabilities whether it was prying apart ciphers, enumerating and penetrating FTL networks, or psychologically evaluating her fellow human beings.

What makes her interesting as a character is how often people mistake her surface details as truth without realizing she isn't a woman who wears her heart on her sleeve, and how where they see contradiction they fail to understand the rational connexions in her thoughts that do not make them so.

Some say Veikitamo is interested only in material wealth, yet they fail to realize that the times she does display wealth whether in her dress or abode her intent is not display wealth but the power that wealth represents. Her actual place of residence she feels comfortable in is actually quite austere and isn't much larger than a college dormitory consisting usually only of a bed to sleep in and a desk to do her work at.

Some say Veikitamo is a liar, yet she is always brutally honest and without affectation when she speaks on a variety of topics in public. If someone called her a murderer, she would say yes she is. If someone said she pursues profit, she would say yes she does, she's a businesswoman.

Some say Veikitamo is a cynic, but she is also deeply idealistic about her personal Wayist philosophy and retains a deep love of her family, Kaalakiota, and the Caldari people. Her cynicism is premised on her evaluation that the majority of humanity does not have the necessary qualities to operate on her own level.

There was a social experiment once done where a group of children were offered a marshmellow and told they have two options: they can eat that one marshmellow now, or they can choose to wait 15 minutes and be guaranteed to have two marshmellows. Over 80% of the children ate the one marshmellow then and there. You know what happened when they came back to visit that test group years later? The 20% that endured that 15 minutes with that delicious marshmellow in front of them to be guaranteed 2 marshmellows later scored far higher than the other 80% as adults in terms of career success, financial independence, and personal happiness.

Veikitamo is a woman who will gladly endure short term pains for long term gains, and that's a function of the fact that her critical and strategic thinking is always able to suppress her own personal feelings and desires. That, I think is why there is often so much misunderstanding between Veikitamo and other characters, because looking through this thread so many seem to score mid-high on the scale of personal feeling and emotion that a character who is able only to view the world in the amoral axioms of power and interests as fundamentally difficult to understand or connect with.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #63 on: 26 Mar 2015, 20:23 »

No need to test, I deliberately designed Hamish as an INTJ when I created him.  It's why he is such an asshole.   Sakuma is an INTP like me so I can be lazy.   He is also an asshole come to think of it.
You are RPing wrong.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #64 on: 27 Mar 2015, 01:55 »

Laerise:

Introverted (I) 54.17% Extroverted (E) 45.83%
Sensing (S) 77.14% Intuitive (N) 22.86%
Feeling (F) 53.66% Thinking (T) 46.34%
Judging (J) 66.67% Perceiving (P) 33.33%

Your type is: ISFJ

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

Like.. the individual need of burning every mini has  :s

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
Leo Tolstoy

Introverted (I) 51% Extroverted (E) 49%
Intuitive (N) 53% Sensing (S) 47%
Feeling (F) 57% Thinking (T) 43%
Judging (J) 72% Perceiving (P) 28%

Your type is: INFJ

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #65 on: 27 Mar 2015, 05:20 »

Apparently Luna should be wearing a vaudeville costume or something...

ESFP - "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 8.5% of the total population.

But actually, reading this analysis and associated tabs is scary... it pretty much shows a lot of Luna 'under the hood' (plus Amarr lenses of course)

http://www.16personalities.com/esfp-personality

« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2015, 11:38 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #66 on: 27 Mar 2015, 05:25 »

Arkon got:

Extroverted (E) 74% Introverted (I) 26%
Sensing (S) 90% Intuitive (N) 10%
Feeling (F) 78% Thinking (T) 22%
Judging (J) 93% Perceiving (P) 7%

Your type is: ESFJ

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population

Valadeus

« Reply #67 on: 27 Mar 2015, 10:51 »

Liam:

Extroverted (E) 76% Introverted (I) 24%
Sensing (S) 68% Intuitive (N) 32%
Feeling (F) 63% Thinking (T) 37%
Judging (J) 67% Perceiving (P) 33%

Your type is: ESFJ

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #68 on: 27 Mar 2015, 11:13 »

Saede:

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Intuitive (N) 87% Sensing (S) 13%
Thinking (T) 85% Feeling (F) 15%
Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

[spoiler=Portrait of an ENTJ]As an ENTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people.

ENTJs are very career-focused, and fit into the corporate world quite naturally. They are constantly scanning their environment for potential problems which they can turn into solutions. They generally see things from a long-range perspective, and are usually successful at identifying plans to turn problems around - especially problems of a corporate nature. ENTJs are usually successful in the business world, because they are so driven to leadership. They're tireless in their efforts on the job, and driven to visualize where an organization is headed. For these reasons, they are natural corporate leaders.

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings. ENTJs, like many types, have difficulty seeing things from outside their own perspective. Unlike other types, ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ. The ENTJ needs to consciously work on recognizing the value of other people's opinions, as well as the value of being sensitive towards people's feelings. In the absence of this awareness, the ENTJ will be a forceful, intimidating and overbearing individual. This may be a real problem for the ENTJ, who may be deprived of important information and collaboration from others. In their personal world, it can make some ENTJs overbearing as spouses or parents.

The ENTJ has a tremendous amount of personal power and presence which will work for them as a force towards achieving their goals. However, this personal power is also an agent of alienation and self-aggrandizement, which the ENTJ would do well to avoid.

ENTJs are very forceful, decisive individuals. They make decisions quickly, and are quick to verbalize their opinions and decisions to the rest of the world. The ENTJ who has not developed their Intuition will make decisions too hastily, without understanding all of the issues and possible solutions. On the other hand, an ENTJ who has not developed their Thinking side will have difficulty applying logic to their insights, and will often make poor decisions. In that case, they may have brilliant ideas and insight into situations, but they may have little skill at determining how to act upon their understanding, or their actions may be inconsistent. An ENTJ who has developed in a generally less than ideal way may become dictatorial and abrasive - intrusively giving orders and direction without a sound reason for doing so, and without consideration for the people involved.

Although ENTJs are not naturally tuned into other people's feelings, these individuals frequently have very strong sentimental streaks. Often these sentiments are very powerful to the ENTJ, although they will likely hide it from general knowledge, believing the feelings to be a weakness. Because the world of feelings and values is not where the ENTJ naturally functions, they may sometimes make value judgments and hold onto submerged emotions which are ill-founded and inappropriate, and will cause them problems - sometimes rather serious problems.

ENTJs love to interact with people. As Extroverts, they're energized and stimulated primarily externally. There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation. They especially respect people who are able to stand up to the ENTJ, and argue persuasively for their point of view. There aren't too many people who will do so, however, because the ENTJ is a very forceful and dynamic presence who has a tremendous amount of self-confidence and excellent verbal communication skills. Even the most confident individuals may experience moments of self-doubt when debating a point with an ENTJ.

ENTJs want their home to be beautiful, well-furnished, and efficiently run. They're likely to place much emphasis on their children being well-educated and structured, to desire a congenial and devoted relationship with their spouse. At home, the ENTJ needs to be in charge as much as he or she does in their career. The ENTJ is likely best paired with someone who has a strong self-image, who is also a Thinking type. Because the ENTJ is primarily focused on their careers, some ENTJs have a problem with being constantly absent from home, physically or mentally.

The ENTJ has many gifts which make it possible for them to have a great deal of personal power, if they don't forget to remain balanced in their lives. They are assertive, innovative, long-range thinkers with an excellent ability to translate theories and possibilities into solid plans of action. They are usually tremendously forceful personalities, and have the tools to accomplish whatever goals they set out for.[/spoiler]

Pretty accurate I think.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #69 on: 27 Mar 2015, 12:45 »

First time i saw this thread

Alain Colcer - Inventor

Extroverted (E) 56% Introverted (I) 44%
Intuitive (N) 67% Sensing (S) 33%
Thinking (T) 90% Feeling (F) 10%
Perceiving (P) 55% Judging (J) 45%

Your type is: ENTP

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

curious, never thought of him as that...

risk taker, easy going, outgoing, social, open, rule breaker, thrill seeker, life of the party, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, appreciates strangeness, disorganized, adventurous, talented at presentation, aggressive, attention seeking, experience junky, insensitive, adaptable, not easily offended, messy, carefree, dangerous, fearless, careless, emotionally stable, spontaneous, improviser, always joking, player, wild and crazy, dominant, acts without thinking, not into organized religion, pro-weed legalization

Favored careers

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

bolded the careers that would probably convert well to "capsuleer" one day  :lol:

Jaret Victorian

• Clonejack
« Reply #70 on: 28 Mar 2015, 15:59 »

Cool test. That's what Jaret got:

Introverted (I) 55% Extroverted (E) 45%
Intuitive (N) 75% Sensing (S) 25%
Feeling (F) 71% Thinking (T) 29%
Perceiving (P) 66% Judging (J) 34%

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values.

[spoiler]creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic[/spoiler]

Sums him up quite right. Didn't think that he will turn up a little emo on the inside, but I guess it makes sense. He is rebellious against the system, loyal to his standards, polite and caring on the outside but only because he understands how screwed up the whole world is in terms of fairness and justice. A typical good guy. At least for now.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2015, 16:07 by Jaret Victorian »

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #71 on: 29 Mar 2015, 18:12 »

Extroverted (E) 55% Introverted (I) 45%
Intuitive (N) 68% Sensing (S) 32%
Thinking (T) 76% Feeling (F) 24%
Judging (J) 66% Perceiving (P) 34%

I retook the test keeping in mind that the character has changed somewhat, both through RP and in my own understanding/conception of him. I don't know how I feel about the result but, at the very least, it's different.
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #72 on: 29 Mar 2015, 18:33 »

Could've sworn I'd done this before. And that I'd gotten something different, but:

Introverted (I) 61% Extroverted (E) 39%
Sensing (S) 74% Intuitive (N) 26%
Feeling (F) 81% Thinking (T) 19%
Judging (J) 66% Perceiving (P) 34%

Your type is: ISFJ

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

... not that surprised, really.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Cakzad Arcashiri

• Stick-Up-His-Arse-Holder
  • Clonejack
« Reply #73 on: 30 May 2015, 07:13 »

Cakzad - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Me - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

"I hope that War is quick, violent, and forceful. But not this, never this."
 - Cakzad Arcashiri discussing the Militia Wars.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #74 on: 19 Jun 2015, 04:04 »

Makkal got: ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

I'd consider her ESFP.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7