Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Author Topic: [Character] Ciarente  (Read 2514 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
[Character] Ciarente
« on: 17 Apr 2010, 19:13 »

Ciarente Roth
Height: 165 cm
Place of Birth: Debreth, Annelle XI
Intaki

Family:
Mother, Lorraine Roth ;
Father, Jorion Roth ;
Brother, Michel Roth (18);
Brother, Luc Roth (17) ;
Sister, Therese Roth (17) ;
Sister, Camille Roth (8)

Licence Issued: 11.12.110

A small, fair-haired young woman of average build, softly-spoken, goes by the nickname 'Cia' and is referred to by her crew as 'Pilot' rather than 'Captain'. Her crew are fiercely loyal but often seem to treat her more as the ship's mascot than as a commanding officer.

Ciarente has custody of and responsibility for her youngest sister Camille.

Ciarente dislikes conflict and disagreement and avoids confrontation. She is an excellent cook, part-owner of a restaurant in her home city of Debreth which specializes in traditional local cuisine, and can often be seen shopping for ingredients at Rens Bazaar.

Ciarente's mother, Lorraine (deGrace) Roth, is from a prominent family in Debreth, a notable local beauty, and for many years played an influential if unofficial role in politics and diplomacy. Her father, Jorion Roth, is a pod pilot, but in the past year has dropped from view, whereabouts currently unknown.

An excellent swimmer, having swum competitively at school and trained to participate in the Debreth Local Emergency Service Rescue Squad, Ciarente can often be found swimming laps at the podder gym, 'Fit To Fly', while her sister Camille takes a martial arts class upstairs.

Her initial ambition was to be a scientist, and she prefers the non-combat aspects of piloting, although she is always willing to accept a search-and-rescue assignment from her agents.

She is rumored to have "backed up" her entire crew through Captain Vikarion's Significance program, although that arrangement is said to have concluded with the end of her employment with WRS.

Ciarente usually wears modest clothing in neutral colors.

Her homeworld has developed distinct religious practices centering around seasonal flooding and forest fires, which have become symbols both of the interconnectedness of death and rebirth and of the futility of resisting the role of fate and chance in life. The city of Debreth itself, also known as 'Nine Bridges', is divided by a river, and is the location of the annual flood-related festival known as 'Day of Waters'. Consequently, historical preservation is the paramount consideration in town planning and Debreth contains many fine examples of pre-Federation architecture.

((An in-character blog is available Personal Files, Ciarente Roth Please be aware this is Cia's 'private' files and the contents are OOC knowledge only))
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 04:37 by Ciarente »
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: [Character] Ciarente
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 03:31 »

Ciarente is the queen of pain, C/D.

Also, it'd be kind of cool to have a list of her command crew with links to picyshores, maybe? They're getting interesting.

Oh, and: "his current whereabouts is unknown." Figured you were tiard.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 03:36 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 03:37 »

Ciarente is the queen of pain, C/D.

Also, it'd be kind of cool to have a list of her command crew with links to picyshores, maybe? They're getting interesting.

Oh, and: "his current whereabouts is unknown."

That's what I see?

As for command crew, they all have files on the blog. I may bestir myself to link them here.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 04:21 »

...Should be 'are unknown?' Whereabouts being plural, and all.

* hides *

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 04:36 »

See, I've always treated it as a singular that happens to end in 's'. But to encourage more grammatical discussion, I'm changing it. <3 Ashar.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 05:09 »

That's it. I'm replacing every other post I made in this thread with a smiley.
...Wait. No, I'm not.

You still gotta make an alt thread, tho. Pleeeease?