Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Rogue Jovian General incident years ago sparked Tech 2?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: Information Leak / I-RED Disclaimer.  (Read 1949 times)

Creedance Talor

• Clonejack
Re: Information Leak / I-RED Disclaimer.
« on: 24 May 2011, 06:36 »

Though I would ask that ANN be decent as I know you all are human beings... for a removal of my Real Life happenings from the data dump please, the bankrupt Net Cafe, me going to farm life ect.

If you could pin down the specific bits and pieces in logs you'd like removed regarding that and list them in a PM. (and only the RL stuff, because I have no intention of taking this entire thing down) I'll redact them. There were a few entries I didn't publish because they discussed member RL problems/whatever in detail. I'd like to extend this to the entire leak, so if you could help me there, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I feel sorry for you if you can no longer distinguish Real Life stuff from EVE then you definatly need some help dude!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Re: Information Leak / I-RED Disclaimer.
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2011, 06:40 »

[mod]Please rephrase in a manner that won't be construed as insulting.[/mod]

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2011, 07:54 »

Going over the material again, I found one reference to the Net cafe. It's been removed, but it slipped last time, because I frankly didn't consider it particularly significant.

Also the sheer amount of unprovoked hate, bile and rage I've been seeing in OOC and other channels about myself and my corporation is somewhat amusing. I will treasure it for years to come. Evidently I'm doing my job.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2011, 08:05 »

People rallying around John Revenent when he gets dumped on one time. . . whereas I've been dumped on for the past 2.5 years with little to no provocation, and no such sympathetic support.

I don't suppose this is some kind of double standard?

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2011, 08:05 »

Also the sheer amount of unprovoked hate, bile and rage I've been seeing in OOC and other channels about myself and my corporation is somewhat amusing. I will treasure it for years to come. Evidently I'm doing my job.

I'd hardly term any reaction you receive at this point "unprovoked" - but that said from what I can see from this forum and the IC reaction on the summit it seems a long long way from "bile and rage" I'd say you are on the receiving end of some eye-rolling mockery perhaps and possibly in the running for the:

"New Eden award for the least impressive infilitration of the year"

But beyond that ... *shrugs* nobody really seems that upset.

Still since I'm (still) banned from the ooc channel I can't speak for that place, maybe they are going nuts there :)

« Last Edit: 24 May 2011, 08:08 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2011, 08:11 »

People rallying around John Revenent when he gets dumped on one time. . . whereas I've been dumped on for the past 2.5 years with little to no provocation, and no such sympathetic support. I don't suppose this is some kind of double standard?

John is pretty good at separating IC/OOC nonsense Julianus. Even last year when we were feuding with his alliance on the IGS and assassinating people at his memorial he kept a very level head and maintained respectful dialogue on an ooc level and that kind of thing breeds respect and sympathy.

Best way to understand this is probably to compare with recent events you may have been involved in and take a dispassionate assessment of what you could have done better.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2011, 08:17 »

Also the sheer amount of unprovoked hate, bile and rage

I find it ironic how unbelievably possible it is to self-servingly misinterpret the emotions of other people.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2011, 08:56 »

I'd hardly term any reaction you receive at this point "unprovoked" - but that said from what I can see from this forum and the IC reaction on the summit it seems a long long way from "bile and rage" I'd say you are on the receiving end of some eye-rolling mockery perhaps and possibly in the running for the:

"New Eden award for the least impressive infilitration of the year"

See, this is my favorite part of this matter.

How is Milo, or AI, or anyone in relation to us, the "runner for that award?" Since we aren't the ones to have actually infiltrated IRED to get it, all we did was publish a piece of data. If you want to moan and whine, go find the guy responsible.

Actually, don't, because it's pretty simple to explain why you think that. You don't particularly like AI or its players, and through that lens you're comfortable targeting us OOCly.

But oh no! Didn't you and a bunch of other people just agree that was bad? D:
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2011, 09:05 »

How is Milo, or AI, or anyone in relation to us, the "runner for that award?" Since we aren't the ones to have actually infiltrated IRED to get it

Creetalor showed me a lot of things that suggest otherwise.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2011, 09:07 »

Creetalor showed me a lot of things that suggest otherwise.

That's very nice and all, but you haven't really backed up your accusations.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2011, 09:09 »

Hey, it's not my information. It's Creetalor and I-RED's business whether they come forth with it. I'm just going to go ahead and say that your skills probably lie in areas other than lying.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2011, 09:12 »

Hey, it's not my information. It's Creetalor and I-RED's business whether they come forth with it. I'm just going to go ahead and say that your skills probably lie in areas other than lying.

We're all shocked that you chimed in with an accusation.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2011, 09:14 »

Well I was shocked that you guys did something of dubious merit, were called out on it by the majority of the community, then got exceptionally defensive about it.

Wait, did I say "shocked"? I meant "completely unsurprised in any way whatsoever".

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2011, 09:28 »

[mod]Flaming (and flamebaiting), trolling, and other unconstructive behavior. [/mod]

Frequently forgotten rules:
Rule 3: Respect other users of Backstage.EVE-Inspiracy.com. Do not make attacks, either in the forums or through Private Messages. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups. Racist, ageist, sexist, homophobic (including the use of "gay" as a pejorative) and other slurs are prohibited. Ad hominem attacks are prohibited. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups.

Rule 3b: If you see or are targeted by a post that violates these rules, click the report button () located at the bottom right corner of the post; do not respond in kind!

Rule 11: Don't troll. This has a working definition of "attempting to be as annoying as possible while still technically obeying the rules," and it's not the way to go about getting attention. Attempting to derail threads, posting off-topic bullshit, or flame-baiting are all verboten.

Questions that really should be asked more frequently:
Q: But I totally know more about EVE and RP than that idiot who just posted!
A: Good for you. Now demonstrate that you also know more about being a grown-up. Your personal experience in EVE and outside it can inform your opinion and provide you with examples for your position, but it doesn't magically make your opinion worth more than someone else's. There are veteran EVE players, life-long table-top gamers, expert LARPers, published authors and many others in the EVE RP community. We all bring something different to the table: so share what you bring rather than trying to use it to knock everyone else's plate to the floor.

Q: What do I do if someone posts something that's out of line and I can show how wrong they are?
A: DO NOT RESPOND TO FLAMES OR TROLLS. Report the post to the staff by clicking the report button at the bottom right corner of the post, close the thread and leave it alone. We ask everybody to help in keeping the culture here courteous, and that means not responding to people trying to draw others into pointless flamefests.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2011, 09:59 »

*sigh*

This is bullshit.

Fine, do your infiltration thing. Whatever. But trying to pass it off as RP?

WTF is that shit?  :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: [1] 2