Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Author Topic: Ohai2u!  (Read 3583 times)

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
Ohai2u!
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 19:55 »

Oops, kept thinking I'd already posted here, yet I plainly have not.

So hiiii everyone!

I already know most of you, but for those I don't, I'm Eva. (No, that's not my real name but I've gone by it so long I more or less answer to it now. ;) ) I'm the CEO of Re-Awakened Technologies Inc in Electus Matari.

I'm an immersionist roleplayer, which means I'm in character all the time except in specifically-labelled OOC channels, or the very rare occassion where I just slip. What this means is that I know what my character is doing at all times, and her feelings about people, events and things can often be radically different to my own. She's a very different person to me.

So what's important to me in Eve? IC/OOC separation is a big thing. My character's anti-pirate/anti-slavery but player-me thinks the biggest gift anyone can give me is a bad guy to oppose.

I like the chance to play out strong emotions and things that build subtly over time. I like political realism. I like being part of an alliance where the characters make the decisions, rather than players choosing what they want to do and glossing it over with a sheen of RP motivation (Not that that's a "wrong" way to play, I just like the complexity that arises when player-me has to sacrifice something for the greater joy of really putting my whole heart into getting my character exactly right).

I like all kinds of RP in eve. I like the simple business of being in-character while playing the game. I like story-driven semi-GMed storylines created by other players. I like hard science - anyone who's read some of my IGS posts know that the one thing that pushes my buttons is bad science. I like trying to make things fun even for the people I'm fighting.
* Eva sees the length of this post and shuts up.

So that's me! Hi all, look forward to talking to you here and seeing you in game!

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
Re: Ohai2u!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 19:59 »

Whew, nice reply to the questions. Good to see you on the forums Eva, welcome. o/
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:12 »

Great to have you here :D

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:35 »

More #trufax: Eva's avatar makes me want to do another portrait change.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:40 »

She also likes long walks on the beach, adopting stray puppies, bar chested bartenders, Brutor drama, and cheekiness in corp chat

Oh, and Hi Eva! <3 you
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 22:31 »

...long walks on your face...

FYP, with respect to what happens in Eva-warz.

I'm an immersionist roleplayer, which means I have the power to make Ashar have a microseizure every time I describe myself that way, and am indirectly responsible for fully half of Izzy's comics.

People can't post rite today.

HAI EVA. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2010, 10:58 »

Hello... queen of roleplay o.0
\o/

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2010, 12:46 »

Backstage forums: Now with 100% more Eva. 100% more awesome.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43 »

Evanda, we need your full paper on the nature of Sleeper memetic contamination posted to these forums.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2010, 21:18 »

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

D:

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette