Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa Corporation, or SuVee as it is commonly known, is the head of the self-proclaimed 'practical' faction within the Caldari State? Read more here.

Author Topic: Ohai2u!  (Read 3551 times)

Eva

• Queen of Roleplay
  • Wetgraver
    • A Mote in God's Eye
Ohai2u!
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 19:55 »

Oops, kept thinking I'd already posted here, yet I plainly have not.

So hiiii everyone!

I already know most of you, but for those I don't, I'm Eva. (No, that's not my real name but I've gone by it so long I more or less answer to it now. ;) ) I'm the CEO of Re-Awakened Technologies Inc in Electus Matari.

I'm an immersionist roleplayer, which means I'm in character all the time except in specifically-labelled OOC channels, or the very rare occassion where I just slip. What this means is that I know what my character is doing at all times, and her feelings about people, events and things can often be radically different to my own. She's a very different person to me.

So what's important to me in Eve? IC/OOC separation is a big thing. My character's anti-pirate/anti-slavery but player-me thinks the biggest gift anyone can give me is a bad guy to oppose.

I like the chance to play out strong emotions and things that build subtly over time. I like political realism. I like being part of an alliance where the characters make the decisions, rather than players choosing what they want to do and glossing it over with a sheen of RP motivation (Not that that's a "wrong" way to play, I just like the complexity that arises when player-me has to sacrifice something for the greater joy of really putting my whole heart into getting my character exactly right).

I like all kinds of RP in eve. I like the simple business of being in-character while playing the game. I like story-driven semi-GMed storylines created by other players. I like hard science - anyone who's read some of my IGS posts know that the one thing that pushes my buttons is bad science. I like trying to make things fun even for the people I'm fighting.
* Eva sees the length of this post and shuts up.

So that's me! Hi all, look forward to talking to you here and seeing you in game!

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
Re: Ohai2u!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 19:59 »

Whew, nice reply to the questions. Good to see you on the forums Eva, welcome. o/
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:12 »

Great to have you here :D

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:35 »

More #trufax: Eva's avatar makes me want to do another portrait change.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2010, 20:40 »

She also likes long walks on the beach, adopting stray puppies, bar chested bartenders, Brutor drama, and cheekiness in corp chat

Oh, and Hi Eva! <3 you
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2010, 22:31 »

...long walks on your face...

FYP, with respect to what happens in Eva-warz.

I'm an immersionist roleplayer, which means I have the power to make Ashar have a microseizure every time I describe myself that way, and am indirectly responsible for fully half of Izzy's comics.

People can't post rite today.

HAI EVA. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2010, 10:58 »

Hello... queen of roleplay o.0
\o/

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2010, 12:46 »

Backstage forums: Now with 100% more Eva. 100% more awesome.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43 »

Evanda, we need your full paper on the nature of Sleeper memetic contamination posted to these forums.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2010, 21:18 »

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

D:

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette