Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: EVELOPEDIA character entries  (Read 14593 times)

YoshiMoromuo

• Clonejack
Re: EVELOPEDIA character entries
« Reply #60 on: 23 May 2012, 08:49 »

Curse you fellows; you've subliminally coerced me to start working on one for myself... ARRRRRRGH!!

Just kidding! Still got a ways to go...

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #61 on: 23 May 2012, 12:05 »

I haven't made an EVElopedia entry for any of my characters because I never feel they're important enough to warrant one. I just don't think a lot of people are going to be looking up "Malcolm Khross" on EVElopedia, for example.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #62 on: 23 May 2012, 12:09 »

Then become important!

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #63 on: 23 May 2012, 12:12 »

Post removed because it was an emotional response instead of a constructive one.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2012, 12:28 by Malcolm Khross »

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #64 on: 23 May 2012, 12:23 »

That seems a little far into the doom-and-gloom side of things as a response to the fairly popular IC concept that faction warfare doesn't have much of a point.

Dare to disagree. Christ.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #65 on: 23 May 2012, 12:27 »

That seems a little far into the doom-and-gloom side of things as a response to the fairly popular IC concept that faction warfare doesn't have much of a point.

Dare to disagree. Christ.

Maybe so, and I wouldn't mind so much if the same attitude wasn't displayed in the OOC channels I'm in by the same people. That's when it starts to get frustrating.

But you're right, forgive my rant.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #66 on: 23 May 2012, 12:33 »

Well, again, it's an easy stance to take OOC as well. The counterpoint would be "Who cares what people think OOC? It's Malcolm's IC angle.". As a dramatic example, I'd be slightly (very) unsettled if people OOC decided they agree with Kyber's particular worldview.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #67 on: 23 May 2012, 12:34 »

Well, again, it's an easy stance to take OOC as well. The counterpoint would be "Who cares what people think OOC? It's Malcolm's IC angle.". As a dramatic example, I'd be slightly (very) unsettled if people OOC decided they agree with Kyber's particular worldview.

Again, you make a fair point. I suppose I've just let myself get a little too frustrated with a combination of RL stress and things that bug me in the game as well and responded poorly. I do apologize, thanks.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #68 on: 23 May 2012, 12:37 »

Given that my own stress has been through the roof recently, it's probably for the best that I'm not exposed to the kind of things in-game that can get up people's collective noses, really. Don't worry about it. :P

YoshiMoromuo

• Clonejack
« Reply #69 on: 23 May 2012, 12:45 »

I haven't made an EVElopedia entry for any of my characters because I never feel they're important enough to warrant one. I just don't think a lot of people are going to be looking up "Malcolm Khross" on EVElopedia, for example.
Importance isn't necessary; if you want to make some information easier to find, feel free to make a page. It certainly can't hurt.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #70 on: 24 May 2012, 07:23 »

I am looking up "Malcolm Khross" on the EVElopedia. :(
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #71 on: 24 May 2012, 09:36 »

I am looking up "Malcolm Khross" on the EVElopedia. :(

+1 Like
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #72 on: 24 May 2012, 10:02 »

Okay, okay...I'll work on one. >.>

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #73 on: 24 May 2012, 10:21 »

Okay, okay...I'll work on one. >.>

Op success.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #74 on: 24 May 2012, 10:32 »

I've struggled with the idea of putting anything on the EVELOPEDIA about Gottii because its an IC database, and as such he would do whatever he could to limit a lot of info there ("hi enemies, my clan lives on 4323 Brutor Drive, please firebomb them at your leisure!"). 

It would be at most a bare bones chronological career path, the good portion of it outright lies.  So, meh....
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8