Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Did anyone post this pic yet?  (Read 10979 times)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: Did anyone post this pic yet?
« Reply #60 on: 21 Apr 2011, 05:09 »

Is the crew of one the capsuleer alone? If yes, then that'd be exactly the same as the old blueprints [...]

No: the capsuleer shuttle has a crew of zero. An unfitted capsuleer frigate apparently now requires a crew of 1-3 to undock, and if it's fully crewed and carrying passengers a frigate could have 10-40 souls aboard (in addition to its probably-soulless pilot).

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #61 on: 21 Apr 2011, 05:27 »

Hey! Who are you calling a soulless pilot?
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #62 on: 21 Apr 2011, 05:52 »

Hm, interesting how it doesn't really infer automation and ships crewed by drones isn't also "advanced technology"...just says "Caldari ships have advanced technology" without specifying what exactly.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #63 on: 21 Apr 2011, 08:05 »

So I think Seri is spot-on with pointing to CCP Zero's comment. If you think (as I do) that your Slasher doesn't need that one crew member, it doesn't. In my case, my Slasher is just a courier, basically a shuttle with a bigger cargo bay. This is fine with me.

Also, frigates having the ability to carry lots of passengers isn't new in the least...

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #64 on: 21 Apr 2011, 09:33 »

Seri, you can do it as soon as you can buy them in-game.

I'll sell you some at fair market rates.

(Fair rates determined by average market value in seller's choice of region. Delivery not included.)

Addendum: In fact, you know what, I think I'll start carrying some of those in all my ships.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2011, 09:38 by Z.Sinraali »
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #65 on: 21 Apr 2011, 13:45 »

I would expect logistics ships to have fewer crew than other T2 cruiser hulls - remote reps rather than ammo-chewing guns which need to be targeted at foes.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #66 on: 23 Apr 2011, 04:46 »

Wouldn't it mean that Amarrians would have least amount of crew on their gunships, because they do not really have any hassle with the ammo...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #67 on: 23 Apr 2011, 05:13 »

Wouldn't it mean that Amarrians would have least amount of crew on their gunships, because they do not really have any hassle with the ammo...

Technicly, yes. also remember that while the act of reloading is likely fully automated (realoading hybrid guns, projectile guns and launchers in 10 seconds and lasers in 1? No crew does that by hand.) someone has to ensure that ammo is loaded in-out and thus stored properly in between re-loads. In Amarrian ships it may be as simple as having a moving slider with the crystals fixed along them, simply stopping the gun's energy flow for a second, while adjusting it to swap the multi aside for the radio or whatever, then resume fiering. At least on other ships you have to empty the magazine and load more/a new sort of ammo.

It's nearly a given that Amarrian ships need considerably less crew per gun. Ofc, Khanid ships would be an exception with their launchers etc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]