Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gradient (GRD) is an independent elite capsuleer unit affiliated with the Minmatar Republic?  Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: How can I be a Loyalist?  (Read 17683 times)

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
Re: How can I be a Loyalist?
« Reply #75 on: 01 Dec 2013, 17:08 »

I do not know the Hambone you speak off but he sounds like a gentleman of refinement, with excellent breeding and a stout chin.  ;)  Glad the ISK is flowing.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2013, 17:13 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #76 on: 01 Dec 2013, 18:52 »

nu pls. i dun wun go bak 2 lowsex. i dun liek gategunz n making no iskies. pls.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #77 on: 01 Dec 2013, 20:29 »

Few people knew we were losing money on them, so you must be Hamish then.

This explains many things.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #78 on: 01 Dec 2013, 21:15 »

Like?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #79 on: 01 Dec 2013, 21:23 »

Like?

Not the losing of money, but purple being a particular individual with a certain history.  It explains the responses.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #80 on: 01 Dec 2013, 23:29 »

This would be funnier if it wasn't the exact sort of response the directors gave after showing them a detailed business plan that took eighteen hours to write.
You are RPing wrong.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #81 on: 02 Dec 2013, 00:03 »

This would be funnier if it wasn't the exact sort of response the directors gave after showing them a detailed business plan that took eighteen hours to write.

Well you know what they say about sales. Listening to 9 out of ten people say no is the price you pay for the 1 who says yes.

That said, sorry. It just wasn't something we were really interested in, having flown lowsec plenty enough and being very happy to have recently left it. You can't really blame the other directors (since you were one too at the time) for being almost completely closed minded about a proposition that would have taken them right back to the area of the game we'd been working well over a year to get out of.

I don't want to get too detailed in a forum post about how we work now, but I'll say that your docs did teach us a lot about industry. So, it certainly wasn't a waste. I hope you don't feel that it was.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #82 on: 02 Dec 2013, 00:04 »

In all seriousness, I loathe the idea of FW both IC and OOC. IC Kor would have no interest in participating in a ceaseless war. OOC I have no interest in participating in a massive dickwaving contest. The resources and mechanics of lowsec are also of very little interest to me. I enjoy living in NPC nullsec very much - much more than I did living in lowsec. You can spend however many hours you'd like coming up with a business plan for living in lowsec, and all you would receive from me are sleepy eyes. These are sentiments most of I-RED also share. NPC null is my home, and there are much better ways to prove one's loyalty to a particular faction than through that disgusting, stupid, aging mechanic that is FW.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #83 on: 02 Dec 2013, 00:25 »

Actually the plan called for more towers in Syndicate and less in low-sec :P  And Kat, thanks, that means a lot.
You are RPing wrong.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #84 on: 02 Dec 2013, 00:56 »

I don't think I-RED having more towers in Syndicate is a possibility because most of us are all too lazy to keep it running right, and those of us who are competent enough already got their hands full.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #85 on: 02 Dec 2013, 01:27 »

Like?

Not the losing of money, but purple being a particular individual with a certain history.  It explains the responses.

I knew it!  8)

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #86 on: 02 Dec 2013, 01:30 »

As someone who has been a member of FW more or less consistently for the last 3 years, I can tell you it gets old pretty damn fast. In RP terms it's almost a complete waste of time, and in gameplay terms it's all sorts of broken. At this point it appears to be running entirely off stubbornness and people in frigates. Cloaked frigates. With Stabs. Lots of Stabs.

One of the reasons I joined Calmil was solely because while it is indeed full of whining lp farmers I get to fight against FDU corp/alliances that have some solid pvp'ers. These days I get a lot of fights and a lot of kills, and really that's the essence of FW for me -- pew pew, fights, kills -- not RP in the sense of building something grand or interactions beyond shooting people in the face and savouring their local butthurt.

In a lot of ways the current RP I do and the alliance I'm in was designed solely to justify participation in FW, so it's probably harder for those RP'ers who don't play solely for the vicarious thrills of being a killmail whore on a daily basis.
« Last Edit: 02 Dec 2013, 01:32 by V. Gesakaarin »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #87 on: 02 Dec 2013, 02:26 »

People keep gifting us POCOs down there for some reason, but we're trying to get rid of them too.

I'll take them.
You are RPing wrong.

Desiderya

« Reply #88 on: 02 Dec 2013, 09:52 »

I guess with FW most people seem to miss the entire point of it. It's, essentially, a huge free war declaration with a side dish of relatively easy money. Either you get your thrills from shooting people inna face or you don't, everything really tedious about it (sans highsec activities) is so optional that it is hardly a bother. The aspect of 'no winning' seems very moot to me, since we actually play a game that can not be won. You can set goals and try to fulfil them, but you'll never reach that 'Game Over, Congratulations!' screen.

Shiori

« Reply #89 on: 02 Dec 2013, 09:57 »

The only thing worse than fighting an unending war is losing an unending war, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14