Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: How can I be a Loyalist?  (Read 17548 times)

Vikarion

Re: How can I be a Loyalist?
« Reply #195 on: 05 Dec 2013, 19:17 »

Despite that this is still part of a massive derail from the intent of the OP, I have to say this is a pretty impressive post. It only helps solidify the nagging temptation for me to start playing Katrina a LOT more independent, rather than focusing on being a State shill even more.

TBH, I can't agree. Veik doesn't need to try to look like a loyalist because her hard-ass stance (which I fucking love, don't get me wrong) has pretty much established that, along with her forum-fu, which is at master level. What I'd love to see from you and I-RED is some actually not-entirely-puppies-and-kittens stuff, but still in line with Ishukone. Like, say, exporting TCMCs for recreational use to Intaki. Or selling stuff to certain Angel-aligned folks, since the Caldari seem to do that on the side. Or slipping extra Insorum to some rebels in Amarrian space - for a nice price, of course. You know, a little less Microsoft and a little more ExxonMobil.

Erys Charantes

• Just another Gallentean girl.
  • Clonejack
« Reply #196 on: 05 Dec 2013, 20:35 »

What I'm distilling from this is basically; play your character as they are to you, and let the universe derive its own opinions.  Don't try to portray a title, portray a person.
"The hardest person to know is often yourself."

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #197 on: 05 Dec 2013, 20:56 »

Despite that this is still part of a massive derail from the intent of the OP, I have to say this is a pretty impressive post. It only helps solidify the nagging temptation for me to start playing Katrina a LOT more independent, rather than focusing on being a State shill even more.

TBH, I can't agree. Veik doesn't need to try to look like a loyalist because her hard-ass stance (which I fucking love, don't get me wrong) has pretty much established that, along with her forum-fu, which is at master level. What I'd love to see from you and I-RED is some actually not-entirely-puppies-and-kittens stuff, but still in line with Ishukone. Like, say, exporting TCMCs for recreational use to Intaki. Or selling stuff to certain Angel-aligned folks, since the Caldari seem to do that on the side. Or slipping extra Insorum to some rebels in Amarrian space - for a nice price, of course. You know, a little less Microsoft and a little more ExxonMobil.

Problem is, all the examples you mentioned you simply wouldn't see, because I-RED doing such things publicly would be frowned upon by either our mother corporation, the Caldari State, or both. As a member of I-RED, I feel no need to reveal all our backroom deals with the entire cluster, and I like it that way; it will most likely stay that way, too.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Erys Charantes

• Just another Gallentean girl.
  • Clonejack
« Reply #198 on: 05 Dec 2013, 21:27 »

Problem is, all the examples you mentioned you simply wouldn't see, because I-RED doing such things publicly would be frowned upon by either our mother corporation, the Caldari State, or both. As a member of I-RED, I feel no need to reveal all our backroom deals with the entire cluster, and I like it that way; it will most likely stay that way, too.
I agree. The problem with being that transparent for the sake of "edgy" (eyeroll) is that it removes both a lot of the sense of realism, and layers of intrigue and trust/distrust that make for truly great RP within the group that actually matters to the player.  I, for one, don't toss plot hammers around willy nilly for that reason, and for several others.  Frankly, characters who a player doesn't do anything with save trade barbs just aren't worth considering when it comes to that.  It's the core group that matters.
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2013, 21:33 by Erys Charantes »
"The hardest person to know is often yourself."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]