Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Rogue Jovian General incident years ago sparked Tech 2?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Angel Cartel and Stillwater affiliation discussion  (Read 15174 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Angel Cartel and Stillwater affiliation discussion
« Reply #75 on: 18 Sep 2012, 07:08 »

Except it really, really isn't because you are still claiming that information that is IC is not IC, and demanding that the rest of us retcon our characters to fit with your version of how you would like reality to go.  I've presented you with a solution that, best of all, relies entirely on your own actions, and it would stop this AND provide good RP at the same time.  If not that, then something similar in terms of goals would work.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #76 on: 18 Sep 2012, 07:18 »

Nah, that would make him seem weak which is a death sentence in both the Empire and the Cartel.

Mh yes, true.

Except it really, really isn't because you are still claiming that information that is IC is not IC, and demanding that the rest of us retcon our characters to fit with your version of how you would like reality to go.  I've presented you with a solution that, best of all, relies entirely on your own actions, and it would stop this AND provide good RP at the same time.  If not that, then something similar in terms of goals would work.

I think you are trying to see disagreements where there are none actually...

I too have offered the same solution and as far as I can read nobody has denied either yours or mine.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #77 on: 18 Sep 2012, 07:48 »

Tiberious, I asked you to retcon a single IGS post because you made a comment regarding my corp's killboard banner. (or maybe forums banner).
Don't blow things out of proportions.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #78 on: 18 Sep 2012, 07:52 »

You asked me to retcon a single post that dealt with things that are considered IC by me, concerning your corporations public information, along with specifically stating that I "don't know that".

The reason I am pushing so hard on this is because it sets two precidents that I consider important.  1) Information sources that I believe should be reasonably considered IC will no longer be reasonably considered IC, and 2) It becomes okay to EVER tell another player to retcon their characters.

These are two things which I very strongly believe to be bad positions, and so I will fight tooth and nail to prevent them from becoming the norm.

Ive presented you with a way around both of these.  What do you think of it?
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #79 on: 18 Sep 2012, 07:56 »

I didn't to ask you to retcon anything about your character. You simply used OOC intel to make an IC post. I pointed that out to you, you suddenly went haywire about me disrupting your freedom and whatnot.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #80 on: 18 Sep 2012, 07:58 »

Why are mommy and daddy fighting? *cries*

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #81 on: 18 Sep 2012, 08:00 »

I didnt use any information I consider OOC.  You retroactively declared it OOC information after it was used.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #82 on: 18 Sep 2012, 08:43 »

And now I am withdrawing from this because Im not going to change my mind, and neither are you.  Fly safe, o7o7m8m8

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #83 on: 18 Sep 2012, 08:55 »

Pity.
Oh well, have fun.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2012, 14:05 by Leopold Caine »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #84 on: 18 Sep 2012, 09:11 »

Well obviously you all shooting each other in game will solve these ooc issue. Carry on

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #85 on: 18 Sep 2012, 09:12 »

Sarcasm aside i support all RP shooting senarios, fodder for much glorious scheming and IGS threadnaughts. Commence bombardment!

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #86 on: 18 Sep 2012, 12:28 »

This might be another immersive roleplayer thing, but killboards are IC. There are few things in EVE that are more certain than an API-verified record of who lost what to whom. They're among the tools we use to work out how active people are currently, where they're active, and what sorts of targets they prefer, which all in turn goes to affect diplomacy and decisions.

(Other people's kllboard comments might sometimes need some squinting to ICerize.)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #87 on: 18 Sep 2012, 13:29 »

Kills, without any OOC remarks to them in the comments Are IC, but they're the pointy end of the scenario stick. Some of them might have reasonable stories behind them, some of them might not.
All you have behind them is the assumption and your own will to build about them to make it work. In the RPsense I mean.
What I'm saying is, Leo atm has some 1400 capsuleer kills more or less according to battleclinic; this doesn't instantaneously make him a murderer. Archangels hunt for profit, Dominations hunt for sport, and if approached about it he'll just say they were tresspassing into his domain and thus were shut down; another reason why MIO doesn't deal into Leo's combat history and DED just nods and lowers his security status whatever he has to say.

'Really gentlemen, is this really necessary?' Is the usual retort though.

Leo shot down Uraniae once, but he never put any angel, criminal or similar undertone to it. He later briefy explained her she was poaching in his hunting grounds without permission, for this occassion. I'm glad she had enough professionalism to disregard that and played along without going 'OMG STILLWATER ARE ANGEL PIRATHZ' So I have to give Uraniae a +1 for keeping that professionalism intact.
Again, sorry about your ship Ura, we're kinda good at what we do and we do ain't nice :3

My point is, even though killboards aren't ICly as fuck, Stillwater's OOC and IC is as interwined as possible and kills are a part of those. If there's a specific kill one wishes to extract, Leo will probably not shrug it away, but offer some sort of a half assed explanation behind it. Whether you want to believe it or not, is up to your character. However, the idea of battleclinic or eve-kill.net being IC... like, the whole of it...

That's just absurd.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #88 on: 18 Sep 2012, 13:35 »

PVP kills are completely IC, it's just up to us how to explain or interpret them.

It's one of the very, very few RP things that are indisputable. You exploded, I did not, etc.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #89 on: 18 Sep 2012, 13:57 »

This might be another immersive roleplayer thing, but killboards are IC. There are few things in EVE that are more certain than an API-verified record of who lost what to whom. They're among the tools we use to work out how active people are currently, where they're active, and what sorts of targets they prefer, which all in turn goes to affect diplomacy and decisions.

Incidentally, how do you RP API-verified. Because I believe the OOC security gives the API its IC reliability. I wouldn't trust an organization like Concord too accurately record data (even if I would understand IC how they would be able to do it, which I don't), would you?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7