Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: EVE Templar One - Now on Amazon!  (Read 16332 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: EVE Templar One - Now on Amazon!
« Reply #60 on: 05 Jan 2012, 20:27 »

Yes, and thanks for that, but I don't think it's all that bad.

Amarrian people in power are NOT pious religious folk!

A few are, sure. The rest are just enjoying the position given them by lucky birth.

I try not to get all huffy just because the Empress is no exception.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #61 on: 05 Jan 2012, 22:07 »

I'm about a third through, and this just keeps getting worse.

Tony must really dislike the Imperials. It seems no one in authority can actually be religious. They all know it's a scam, it's just all those -other- suckers that believe in it. All trillion of them.

This whole Jamly thing is just complete garbage, everything about it.

Just read the flashback chapter with Sarum on his deathbed, and I was just going "WTF" the entire chapter.

So Mekhioth is dying of old age at 180?  Khanid is what, about 600 years old right now?

He had his 'clones' destroyed? That's you know, a central tenant of the theocratic totalitarian state, that the royals can't be cloned? 

*shakes head in disgust*

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 05 Jan 2012, 23:59 »

:bash:

[spoiler]Ishukone just throw their lot in with the Federation.  No need to pretend and tread a thin line between being loyal to the concept of a Caldari State and working with the Federation where it is beneficial.  No concern for the millions of Ishukone personnel who live and work in the Empire.

It still does not explain how anyone other than Mordu's or Ishukone Watch get DUST, other than through the same CONCORD mechanics that spread around other technology.[/spoiler]

Thus far I see no real way for someone who does not have this book to interact with the story it tells.  If it ever does provide a means to do so, the story will be shoehorned such that internal conflict is white washed to allow for there to be 2 sides (Horde vs Alliance).

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #63 on: 06 Jan 2012, 03:16 »

It is really hard to take the Amarrian religion serious when CCP do not.

And I am trying hard to shape Myyona as a Minmatar who understand the importance of the Amarrian religion without being a believer herself. But if it is a widespread phenomenon that Amarrian Holders gives a damn about their own religion with no empathy or motivation than their own self interests Myyona will have to consider them all hypocrites and any Amarrian capsuleer that tries to state different will get the smack down.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #64 on: 06 Jan 2012, 05:00 »

I'm very much tempted to stick my head in the sand and ignore this book. Even if it backs Caellach's view of religion being a tool to control the masses, and has the Ishukone/Gallente turn that's been coming since before I started but was very much highlighted back in Blind Auction.

Problem is the first is proven in the most dumbest and unlikely of ways, the latter is proven in a terrible way because someone shot their load far too early and rushed what could and should have been a far more gradual development and stretched out storyarc.

Of course, I long for Muck Raker to use this book for some awesome "sensationalism" reports that no one will believe. The Empress taking part in drug fuelled lesbian orgies?
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #65 on: 06 Jan 2012, 05:35 »

Of course, I long for Muck Raker to use this book for some awesome "sensationalism" reports that no one will believe. The Empress taking part in drug fuelled lesbian orgies?

So much +1
In fact, it might well go a long way to make things better.

Sakura Imoru

• Wetgraver
« Reply #66 on: 06 Jan 2012, 07:07 »

[spoiler]19. A major clash between the Empires just occurred in the Ammake system over Planet II, involving over 140 Amarr Empire ships(including a titan piloted by the Grand Admiral of the Amarr Navy) vs an unknown number of Minmatar ships(supported by a Hel), vs an unknown number of an alliance of convenience consisting of Gallente Federation(led by a Nyx piloted by an Admiral), Mordu's Legion(led by Mordu himself in a Wyvern) and Ishukone Watch(16 Wyverns, one being piloted by Mens Repolla). The end results and goals of this skirmish are being hushed hushed by Shakor and Roden. Heth apologized to the Amarr for Ishukone Watch firing on Amarr ships. Ishukone seems willing to go to civil war with Heth.

[spoiler]I know I shouldn't read spoilers until I have that book myself (still waiting for the translation, I hope they don't change the title again like they did on TEA), but that one actually just seems logical to me. Ishukone Leadership did fight the Broker and his lapdog Heth in TEA, working with the Gallente back then, so it's only fitting that they will lead the "opposition" against him and his Providence Directorate. It wouldn't even surprise me if that former CEO of Kaalakiota (what's her name?) will leave exile to join forces with Ishukone on this as she hates Heth with a similar passion, although for different reasons.

I don't understand though why it will be Amarr vs. Matari vs. Gallente/Mordus/Ishukone? Why would Gallente fire onto Matari ships (please don't tell, I still want to read that book :P)?

And hooray for once again hedionistic Amarrians and their space-lesbian Empress \o/ (I already like this book :P)![/spoiler]

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #67 on: 06 Jan 2012, 07:26 »

a battle that size, in a famously busy system, and no evidence of it ingame.

vOv
\o/

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #68 on: 06 Jan 2012, 08:48 »

I-RED's RP is not totally off the wall..

>.>
<.<

\o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #69 on: 06 Jan 2012, 08:57 »

Yes, John. In the book, it says how Ishukone is the "Caldari public enemy" within the State, all because of Heth's dictatorship etc.

So everything that happened re: STPRO fits in with current IC politics.

Sakura Imoru

• Wetgraver
« Reply #70 on: 06 Jan 2012, 09:03 »

I-RED's RP is not totally off the wall..

>.>
<.<

\o/

John, that would be *yay* :P

edit:

About hat "cryllisium": Does the novel say anything else about it's properties besides being some kind of aphrodisiac, like possible side effects?
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2012, 09:41 by Sakura Imoru »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #71 on: 06 Jan 2012, 14:11 »

Yes, John. In the book, it says how Ishukone is the "Caldari public enemy" within the State, all because of Heth's dictatorship etc.

Maybe CCP really has been paying attention to the RP community. O_O

Spies...

Spies everywhere...
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #72 on: 06 Jan 2012, 15:17 »

Maybe CCP really has been paying attention to the RP community. O_O

Spies...

Spies everywhere...

Well as someone said in OOC last night, clearly they were spying on the Summit when it was filled with drug popping cat girls and thought it was what we wanted, so we get Jamyl orgies.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8