Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That not all slaves are subjected to the Vitoc treatment?  Read more about the Vitoc method here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: CCP Says: Ingame RP actions have ingame consequences, mkay?  (Read 21937 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

This is amazing. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Yeah I dunno why they are going after Schere, she's literally the nicest person in New Eden. That's like going after Mr. Rogers or something....

Because they want to make us hate CONCORD. Logic doesn't matter, just as long as we adopt the position they want us to take.

Sorry if I'm being overly bitter, but that's how I see this line of events.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

25 PLEX bounties on RPers? Time for us to conspire and get free subscriptions for each other!

CCP Falcon said any suspicion of collusion would mean DED wouldn't pay out.

if there's going to be a conspiracy, you have to be sekrit about it.

like, super sekrit
\o/

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette

Edit: whatever

Second Edit: no really not worth it... I quit anyway.
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2015, 01:10 by Karmilla Strife »

Lyn Farel

Yeah I dunno why they are going after Schere, she's literally the nicest person in New Eden. That's like going after Mr. Rogers or something....

Because they want to make us hate CONCORD. Logic doesn't matter, just as long as we adopt the position they want us to take.

Sorry if I'm being overly bitter, but that's how I see this line of events.

Likewise, they have a (not so recent) tendency, to paint factions in black and white. It was similar in Colelie and disgusted most Minmatar RPers.

Don't get me wrong, I think what they are doing is very nice overall. This is what we have been expecting for long. Event actors return, consequences for ingame actions...

I am even for big factional upheavals, change, factions losing, being smacked to the ground, and losing all the more the better. That doesn't make you necessarily lose faith in your faction.

But this is clearly intended as such.

So, I will have to adapt once again and turn this drama into valuable RP drama. After having to deal in a similar fashion than with the stupid useless Ammatar Mandate, it will not be a first... But I will have to drop more or less completely the faction if it continues in that direction... This is just the last CONCORD straw.

Vizage

• Egger

I think we may be going off the rails with speculation here. From what I've seen so far this looks like a very standard sort of investigative procedure CCP is trying to conduct through DED.

On the subject of Schere being named. Im more inclined to believe she was names before she began cooperating with the investigation, and the employee's of CCP working on this are just a bit slow in adjusting the the situation. That would be my guess.

I'm not quite sure why this makes us hate CONCORD? If this kinda stuff makes you hates CONCORD then you should have always hated CONCORD, because at least to me, this is essentially how they are have always supposed to acted. They are Capsuleer police after all.

Lyn Farel

No, if it had been only Lucas, there would be no problem with it. It would be a conflict between capsuleers that despise CONCORD secrecy and scream because DRIFTERS ARE COMING, and CONCORD supporters, where CONCORD does his police job.

Now though, it's just painting them in a tyrannical evil light. They are already despicable through the sheer inconsistency of their laws, utter incompetence, and many more things, and there is not much left to love in them... We really have lost what made them great at first before TEA. Now to me they just look like incompetent fools flailing their arms and making hissy fits no better than the capsuleers they are trying to crackdown upon...

If they were doing their police jobs properly, they would launch a warrant against Lucas like they did here, maybe with the same bounty, and ask the others for cooperation and call them to testimony/interrogation.

Anyanka Funk

25 PLEX bounties on RPers? Time for us to conspire and get free subscriptions for each other!

CCP Falcon said any suspicion of collusion would mean DED wouldn't pay out.

if there's going to be a conspiracy, you have to be sekrit about it.

like, super sekrit

So, hypothetically, if ccp bountied a player for x amount of plex and said player made an alt to collect the full bounty, would the player be banned? Why use a broken bounty system to begin with? Why not just ban the player?

Alternatively, why not just give the player x amount of plex if they don't get banned?
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2015, 12:47 by Halfrek Foley »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey

No, they wouldn't be banned. They just wouldn't get the bounty.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Lunarisse Aspenstar

I would say no to railroading. CCP is giving two options, A - hand over the remains and keep good standings with our overlords or B - Do the opposite and face the consequences. I am very pleased to have been responded to every one of my mails sent out to officials, both responses were different and dynamic.

Its very good to see this type of support. Boo and Hiss might just cause such future initiatives to be shelved because of OOC issues. Never argue with the DM  :lol:

I second John.  As a director of one of the corps affected, I have thoroughly enjoyed the rp resulting from this (even though poor IC luna is a wreck) and as John said, we do have choices.  We also got a response from an in game dev actor after we took some actions and wrote about it, so there has been that too.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Yea again this sounds overall like a great thing.

You all will love this precident whenever they get to (x) faction you are involved with

Vizage

• Egger

No, if it had been only Lucas, there would be no problem with it. It would be a conflict between capsuleers that despise CONCORD secrecy and scream because DRIFTERS ARE COMING, and CONCORD supporters, where CONCORD does his police job.

Now though, it's just painting them in a tyrannical evil light. They are already despicable through the sheer inconsistency of their laws, utter incompetence, and many more things, and there is not much left to love in them... We really have lost what made them great at first before TEA. Now to me they just look like incompetent fools flailing their arms and making hissy fits no better than the capsuleers they are trying to crackdown upon...

How is operating within the confines of the Yulai convention Tyrannical? Draconic and heavy handed sure, but they are essentially using the tools given to them, it's not like they are rewriting any laws on the fly or "Changing the deal" as we go alone here.

If they were doing their police jobs properly, they would launch a warrant against Lucas like they did here, maybe with the same bounty, and ask the others for cooperation and call them to testimony/interrogation.

Wat? This is exactly what they are doing. They are asking for cooperation and all those suspected of collusion are being remanded on warrant. Testimony and cooperation comes after people have turned themselves in. They are issuing what happens if they don't turn themselves in.

This is exactly what happens if you skip bail or fail to appear after a subpoena has been issued for your questioning. Maybe not the bounty part. That's a little wild west, but its still pretty standard judicial practice. Failure to cooperate with a legal investigation is treated as obstruction of justice, a crime in and of itself.

I just don't see how this behavior is anything but very straightforward application of law, draconic sure but pretty standard.

« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2015, 18:00 by Vizage »

Gorion

• Clonejack

Shit like this should have been in at day 1.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey

Putting boots to necks is what governments do in EVE.

Capsuleers are used to being a bit of a protected class. It's kind of a shock when the heavy-handed authoritarianism that we know is abundant in the setting actually lands on us. 
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

This is amazing and I love it. That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9