Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: CCP Says: Ingame RP actions have ingame consequences, mkay?  (Read 21797 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

... Just ask Koro, Boma or Drake. :lol:

Quote from: Eystur Local Channel
[05:32:32] Koronakesh > The Equilibrium sends its regards, Silonneri.
[05:41:03] Silonneri Balginia > Pilots Boma Airaken, Koronakesh and Drake Arson - For Crimes against the Republic, you are hereby set to kill on sight within our space.
[05:41:11] Silonneri Balginia > Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
[05:49:04] Koronakesh > Be seeing you, Miss Balginia.
[05:49:15] Silonneri Balginia > You too, sweetie.

Quote from: Associated Chatter from OOC
[05:45:25] Drake Arson > WHAT THE FUCK
[05:45:30] Drake Arson > I JSUT GOT SET OUTLAW BY A DEV>!?!?!?!?!!
[05:45:41] Vlad Cetes > LOL
[05:46:43] Dame Death > yep
[05:46:45] Dame Death > :P
[05:46:46] Ze'ev Sinraali > CCP troll best troll.
[05:46:48] Drake Arson > Jeezus chirst
[05:47:03] Drake Arson > Now Imr unnign around in .9 space witha  -6.
[05:47:15] Drake Arson > DEVS
[05:47:18] Drake Arson > They hate me
[05:55:01] Drake Arson > DEVS
[05:55:02] Drake Arson > I love them
[06:13:28] Koronakesh > Fuck yes, consequences for rp
[06:13:43] Drake Arson > :D
[06:13:48] Drake Arson > W8ishing you didnt shoot now?
[06:13:54] Koronakesh > toally worth it
[06:19:23] Koronakesh > i kept trying to get ulphus to set me red but he wouldn't do it :(
[06:19:35] Koronakesh > I think executing republic fleet should get me red status tho

I'm lollin'. Good one, CCP. :D
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 00:58 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Boma Airaken

• Egger

This is how awesome rp'ing via in-space actions can be. Y'all should try it some time.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Congrats!

I sure as hell wish this sort of thing happened more often!

« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 01:18 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman

My only response to this whole incident:

FUCKWIN!

Isobel Mitar

• Egger

Awesome! :D

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette

Very cool!
 :D
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger

When I heard about this, my reaction mirrored the above. I really do hope to see more active intervention from the actors on account of our actions having consequences to them, both negatively and positively. The more the 'GMs' can achieve being personable with the players, the better. I loved the early days of Ultima Online because of this.

You do not know how much I would love if Arvo's negative Nation standing could be set to a level where he could perform missions for True Power or True Creations aside from lvl 1's. At the level Arvo has racked it up prior to joining TS-F, it would be unrealistic to do grind them in that manner: there are better and more constructive ways to aid Nation, and Arvo rationalizes it as being tested by Kuvakei until he can work for him directly in Stain.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew

Awesome stuff

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

Awesome!!!  :eek:  :o

Boma Airaken

• Egger

When I heard about this, my reaction mirrored the above. I really do hope to see more active intervention from the actors on account of our actions having consequences to them, both negatively and positively. The more the 'GMs' can achieve being personable with the players, the better. I loved the early days of Ultima Online because of this.

You do not know how much I would love if Arvo's negative Nation standing could be set to a level where he could perform missions for True Power or True Creations aside from lvl 1's. At the level Arvo has racked it up prior to joining TS-F, it would be unrealistic to do grind them in that manner: there are better and more constructive ways to aid Nation, and Arvo rationalizes it as being tested by Kuvakei until he can work for him directly in Stain.

Come on down. They bite, we bite back ;)

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo

This messes with my sense of order.

Looking at Koro his standings show approximately -6 towards the Republic and the Gallente as well as the fact that he is now -6 CONCORD status making him an Outlaw.

Mind you if a Republic big shot got nuked and set the guy/s doing it -ve whatever to the Republic I'd go "Action has concequences cool", though this would have to apply across the board.
What confuses me is why CONCORD considers just this Republic whatnot of such importance that such a sec hit is warranted.
This of course also goes for the Gallente. Considering how it happened it gets curious as it must be a hardwired CONCORD and Gallente response in reaction to the destruction of this Republic ship.
That girl sure must be important. Or rather her ship.

What we have is two, from the Republic, independent factions nuking Koro/Drake and Bomas standings at the same time that the Republic hammers them.

I reiterate:
Why would CONCORD or the Federation care to such an extent about some Minnie fleet commander getting blown up. I mean they don't get this irate if you shoot NPC:s of comparable rank. Or FW players of high rank do they ?
If they did I missed it.

A question to those who have shot at Sansha stuff lately: Have you been branded the same way in regards to your Sansha standings and their main ally ?

If yes then all is well, if not then it reinforces my belief that this is a "Left hand did something Right hand doesn't know about".
Or simply a rage reaction from the actor for being shot to shit instead of gloriously being able to swan around space unimpeded fawned over by the plebs surrounding her.

What I'm getting at is that organisations don't just do shit on the fly. Especially not military or police such. There are strict protocols that get followed.
If they apply to situation A then they'll be applied to all other such situations.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

This messes with my sense of order.

Looking at Koro his standings show approximately -6 towards the Republic and the Gallente as well as the fact that he is now -6 CONCORD status making him an Outlaw.

Mind you if a Republic big shot got nuked and set the guy/s doing it -ve whatever to the Republic I'd go "Action has concequences cool", though this would have to apply across the board.
What confuses me is why CONCORD considers just this Republic whatnot of such importance that such a sec hit is warranted.
This of course also goes for the Gallente. Considering how it happened it gets curious as it must be a hardwired CONCORD and Gallente response in reaction to the destruction of this Republic ship.
That girl sure must be important. Or rather her ship.

What we have is two, from the Republic, independent factions nuking Koro/Drake and Bomas standings at the same time that the Republic hammers them.

I reiterate:
Why would CONCORD or the Federation care to such an extent about some Minnie fleet commander getting blown up. I mean they don't get this irate if you shoot NPC:s of comparable rank. Or FW players of high rank do they ?
If they did I missed it.

A question to those who have shot at Sansha stuff lately: Have you been branded the same way in regards to your Sansha standings and their main ally ?

If yes then all is well, if not then it reinforces my belief that this is a "Left hand did something Right hand doesn't know about".
Or simply a rage reaction from the actor for being shot to shit instead of gloriously being able to swan around space unimpeded fawned over by the plebs surrounding her.

What I'm getting at is that organisations don't just do shit on the fly. Especially not military or police such. There are strict protocols that get followed.
If they apply to situation A then they'll be applied to all other such situations.

Probably because Sansha is a threat to everyone.  If you side with Sansha against one, they're probably assuming you're siding with Sansha against all.  All four Empires united against Nation before, its not unreasonable to think they would take a similar stance against Nation now, if only in sharing information on Sansha sympathizers.

Also, CONCORD is against Nation.  You aid Nation, they'll set you hostile.  Makes sense to me.

Moreover, Republic and Federation standings are linked.  They're allies. Gottii's got a Fed standings rating over 8.0, but I've never ran a Fed mission in my life, just all the Minmatar missions that bumped up the Fed standings.  Makes sense they're linked on negative standings as well.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 05:07 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

So who is this Silonneri Balginia?

A Republic fleet pilot who was commanding a fight Sansha or something?

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

Moreover, Republic and Federation standings are linked.  They're allies. Gottii's got a Fed standings rating over 8.0, but I've never ran a Fed mission in my life, just all the Minmatar missions that bumped up the Fed standings.  Makes sense they're linked on negative standings as well.

And in fact faction standings are for other actions: my Caldari standings have suffered as a result of shooting Amarr.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Hamish Grayson

They've done this before, I got +2.00 to Kaalakiota for hauling a badger full of small arms for a Kaalakiota actor during the BoF arc in 2006.  It was pretty cool especially since Hamish is KK affiliated  8)  Do you guys think we'll see more this since Mercury is getting re-tasked or will incursions replace actor driven events?
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 06:13 by Hamish Grayson »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9