Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 48388 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #165 on: 20 Nov 2011, 20:28 »

For anyone who hasn't seen it....

The funniest shit I've seen so far in Skyrim...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZIiDS_RYVY

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #166 on: 20 Nov 2011, 20:30 »

For some of the nasty 1 shotting undead bosses the thing I've done that wins it for me is actually a full charge Unrelenting Shout to knock them down. Sprint over and get 1-2 dual power attacks before they are up and it they are usually almost dead. Granted I suppose this only works because I'm dual wielding soo. >.>

There is only one guy I can think of that might actually be immune to damage, and that is in Saarthal, which is supposed to be counter-acted by a quest NPC that is tagging along with you.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #167 on: 20 Nov 2011, 20:37 »

Ugh, I guess I'll try that.

God, talk about violating your One Rule.....

The Nine Divines stepped in to save the Dragonborn from that fate, setting him back on the course to his destiny?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #168 on: 20 Nov 2011, 21:06 »

Argh. It's a pain in the ass to get enough Ebony Ingots and Daedra hearts for Daedric Armor and Weapons. Daedra and Daedra hearts are apparently quite rare in Skyrim, with few vendors selling it and few places for 'farming' it.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #169 on: 20 Nov 2011, 21:19 »

Ugh, I guess I'll try that.

God, talk about violating your One Rule.....

So the bards will sing...
The Nine Divines stepped in to save the Dragonborn from that fate, setting him back on the course to his destiny?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #170 on: 21 Nov 2011, 01:13 »

Got tired of hunting through alchemy and smith vendors for Ebony and Daeda Hearts so instead I went and did some quests. Voila, found a spot where Daedra spawn on a regular basis (every few days, from what I can tell) and a mine with almost 50 Ebony Ore in it. Legendary quality Daedra Armor, Shield and War Axe looks insanely badass. From what I can tell, it's also the best damn armor in the game. Ossum.

Now to train Enchanting on my Nord so he can enchant all those pieces.

Oh, and derp. I bought a house in Windhelm. I can't find it. I ran around the city for half an hour, couldn't find the damn house.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #171 on: 21 Nov 2011, 02:46 »

From another forum:

Quote from: Thread about Skyrim Funnies
Not many funny things happen to Raj. Mostly tragic.

Raj get home, and go into living room, try to heal wounds after combat with dragon. Accidentally flame atronach. Certainly, this freak me out, so i proceed to stab it.

Flame Atronach fall over dead. Wife Mjoll come into living room, and scold Khajiit for miscasting. I apologize then "BOOOOOOM!", room bathed in fire!

Did you know Flame Atronach explode after death? Raj did not. Ruin house, sending everything in house off shelves. Make big mess!

Wife Mjoll cant help but laugh. Fire Burn off all of Raj's fur. Look pinker then pomegranate! Raj dislike next week in cold skyrim.

Now Raj see why nords always angry.

I swear a peed a little when reading that.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #172 on: 21 Nov 2011, 03:47 »

on the console command rescue thing - i have had to use it once to escape from a glitched dungeon pit (plain walls, barred door, no way out but up - checked online for hints and result "don't fall in here there is no way out lol" - so consoled  back home feeling like a (mostly justified heel).

Also, would like to know more about daedra-spawning locations.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #173 on: 21 Nov 2011, 04:03 »

[spoiler]The best Daedra spawning location only occurs after finishing a quest started in Dawnstar. There is a fellow there on the far side of the town from where you enter that's got a 'Museum' going in memory of... well, bad guys. He'll want you to gather some shit, go to a place with him and fix said shit. You'll have a few options then, but one of them will make a certain Big Bad angry and spawn Daedra. They'll respawn regularly after the first time it happens.

I am NOT sure if there's a minimum level for that museum/quest NPC to appear, because another character of mine went to Dawnstar without finding it. Didn't look around too hard, though.

Daedra Hearts also has a small chance of spawning randomly in various loot containers and inventories after you hit level 25. Not sure when trader NPCs start carrying them, but there's supposedly a guy in the Mage's College that gets two every time his inventory refreshes.[/spoiler]

Made that as non-specific as possible, but it still might constitute a spoiler so I tagged it.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #174 on: 21 Nov 2011, 07:45 »

The Windhelm house is way in the corner, near the Shatter-Shield House. It's called Hjelm (sp?). It's p nice, though just got enough gold (after upgrading that house) that I can afford the one in Solitude...so might see what that has to offer. I spent about 30 minutes to an hour fast traveling around to different merchants and bankrupting them with my crafted wares.  :lol: Finding a gold mine earlier was win, so many good pieces of jewelry to craft.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #175 on: 21 Nov 2011, 08:02 »

Quote from: Mizhara link=topic=2844.msg42516#msg42516 date=1321859637...a mine with almost 50 Ebony Ore in it. [/quote

Where is this?

WHERE IS THIS?

/grab /shake TELLMEWHERETHISIS!

./twitch

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #176 on: 21 Nov 2011, 08:10 »

So, it's not really a spoiler, but I guess I'll stick it in the spoiler tag just in case. Found some advice for my fellow lockpickers:

[spoiler] I just picked up a book, entitled "Advances in Lockpicking." It gave me a point of lockpicking, which was well enough, but I also read through the short text in which the author mentions the materials locks are made with. Another book, "Proper Lock Design" is the opposing companion - there's a lot of these "paired books" in Skyrim, if you look hard enough.

Anywho, the author of the second book mentions never using copper in locks, because it easily deforms to heat and pressure. He advises to use a different metal for each pin to thwart lockpickers. The author of Advances, in response, advises the reader that heat sources will negate the differences in metal by making the metal expand, and I presume making the lock a little more pliant.

Well, being the curious young buck I am, I tried it out. I equipped a torch the next time I ran into an adept lock and, wouldn't you know it, the "sweet spot" where the lock will actually turn was of wider degrees than usual. I've since kept up the habit.

There are some obvious disadvantages. Torches, being a light source, might defeat a sneaky lockpicking attempt. I'm also uncertain if a spell like Flames would accomplish the same thing. But, it was fun to discover something like that, so I thought I'd share it with my fellow sneakthieves.
[/spoiler]
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #177 on: 21 Nov 2011, 08:59 »

Nice!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #178 on: 21 Nov 2011, 16:02 »

Quote from: Mizhara link=topic=2844.msg42516#msg42516 date=1321859637...a mine with almost 50 Ebony Ore in it. [/quote

Where is this?

WHERE IS THIS?

/grab /shake TELLMEWHERETHISIS!

./twitch

[spoiler]Southeast of Windhelm. I shall say no more.[/spoiler]

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23