Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Homeworld: Shipbreakers - The Prequel to Homeworld  (Read 5889 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/31/former-homeworld-devs-hardware-shipbreakers-gets-a-stunning-debut-trailer/

Quote from: PC Gamer
The debut trailer for Hardware: Shipbreakers, the sci-fi strategy game made by some of the people behind the Homeworld series, shows what can be achieved with just concept art, music and magnificently gruff narration. There’s nary a hint of ‘gameplay’ in this video – which tells the story of a shipbreaker’s desire to return home from a mysterious ‘graveyard planet’ – but it’s comfortably the best trailer I’ve seen all year, evoking the similarly beautiful cutscenes from the Homeworld games. Have a gander below.

We don’t know much about Hardware: Shipbreakers, other than that it’s a “persistent multiplayer” “social strategy game” from Blackbird Interactive, a company made up of former Relic staff, including Homeworld’s art director Rob Cunningham and lead artist Aaron Kambeitz. The description on the Facebook beta signup page reveals a little more: “HARDWARE (HW) is a next-generation online social game based on the concept of salvaging resources on a distant, barren planet named LM-27.” Next-generation eh? So presumably it’s going to be on PS4 or the mythical next Xbox as well.

Hardware: Shipbreakers is due out sometime this year, and after watching the following video, you’ll wish that “sometime” meant “sometime next week”. (Thanks to Kotaku.)

« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2013, 15:04 by Katrina Oniseki »

Lyn Farel

:eek:

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Ok

That sound when they moved to the overmap...

I think I peed a little.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

Ok

That sound when they moved to the overmap...

I think I peed a little.

I squealed out loud.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

All my sperm fell out. Again.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Where were you guys when I was spamming the awesome trailers in OOC a few weeks ago and ranting like a madman that this was teh awesomez?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Where were you guys when I was spamming the awesome trailers in OOC a few weeks ago and ranting like a madman that this was teh awesomez?

Somewhere else not paying attention.

Obviously :)

As for the content here, the concepts seems cool to me, but I'm still waiting for a Homeworld 3 to come out.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

Old news is old, but very happy the "old Relic" is kind of back together. Plus, it looks awesome.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

There are background youtube videos.

Also, there is a beta....

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: "Hardware: Shipbreakers" - From the Makers of "Homeworld"
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2013, 01:18 »

Waiting for gameplay...

Always wait for gameplay.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2013, 02:42 »

Waiting for gameplay...

Well said good sir

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2013, 03:10 »

We don’t know much about Hardware: Shipbreakers, other than that it’s a “persistent multiplayer” “social strategy game” from Blackbird Interactive, a company made up of former Relic staff, including Homeworld’s art director Rob Cunningham and lead artist Aaron Kambeitz. The description on the Facebook beta signup page reveals a little more: “HARDWARE (HW) is a next-generation online social game based on the concept of salvaging resources on a distant, barren planet named LM-27.
ALERT. ALERT. CRITICAL DANGER. ABORT. ABORT. ABORT.

:bash:

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2013, 08:30 »

We don’t know much about Hardware: Shipbreakers, other than that it’s a “persistent multiplayer” “social strategy game” from Blackbird Interactive, a company made up of former Relic staff, including Homeworld’s art director Rob Cunningham and lead artist Aaron Kambeitz. The description on the Facebook beta signup page reveals a little more: “HARDWARE (HW) is a next-generation online social game based on the concept of salvaging resources on a distant, barren planet named LM-27.
ALERT. ALERT. CRITICAL DANGER. ABORT. ABORT. ABORT.

:bash:

Someone somewhere will enjoy it, obviously. Don't mean I will though. I have no presence on facebook or twitter or any other site like it and I have no console that is up-to-date. Neither of these will change anytime soon.

This game looks to be promising... to many people. Me, as stated, still wait for a new Homeworld game.

A simple RTS title.

For the PC. That is all I really want. It it's made well and isn't overly exploited shit I'll buy it if it's not divided into 1 million parts and sold one piece at a time (over-use of DLC content etc) and I'll thank whoever created it and moved the story onward.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2013, 21:02 »

Waiting for gameplay...

Well said good sir

It looks like Episode 3 has some basic gameplay.
Pages: [1] 2 3