Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: State of Caldari FW  (Read 16307 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: State of Caldari FW
« Reply #60 on: 01 Apr 2011, 00:33 »

Such leaders have often risen among the militias; look at Predator Elite or Garst Tyrel among the Amarr.

Such folks who actually have some talent at FCing on a large scale (and no real RP interest) seem to inevitably drift off to null-sec given some time....which is fine, since that's what FW is supposed to be for EVE, the training ground for fighters.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #61 on: 01 Apr 2011, 09:58 »

I think I have missed a step in the in-character rationale of faction warfare.  As I understand it, the FW militias are 'allowed' (by Concord) para-military groups acting as a political pressure valve to allow conflict without full-blown war between the factions. 

Recent references on IGS to ties between STPRO and CN bring this understanding into question.

If you are in an FW corp, you are logically the enemy of the opposing factions - makes sense to me.  But if the corporations of NPC factions who are FW opponents (e.g. Gallente & Caldari) can own stations (and by extension conduct business) in each other's sovereign territory, why should a 'loyalist" player corp/alliance be considered disloyal for following the same approach?

The mechanics of it indicate to me that a player corp operating under the auspices of an NPC faction should not be expected to be the "enemy" of that faction's FW opponents.  Is there an IC reason for or against this?  I'd love to know what you think.

Dirk Smacker

• Clonejack
« Reply #62 on: 01 Apr 2011, 13:04 »

I held my tongue when somebody said that it's not surprising that a 0.0 alliance would stomp a FW corp because I <3 John.   However, W-BR have the numbers, the ISK and FIRST GENERAL is a better FC than even Ladel.   I've seen him stomp the crap out of big name 0.0 alliance blobs looking to pick on FWers.   

0.0 FCs just don't get the continuous(literally all day long) mid-sized gangs that WB-R get to field.    Also FG is the leader of CalMil - when he speaks the militia listen and that's a shit load of thrasher pilots to draw on.

I think that I-RED will hold their own, but it isn't going to be a cake walk by any means.

It isn't just First General who can competently FC in W-BR.  There were 3-4 decent part time small gang FC's who came over from IBS a few months ago, and they have several FC's who joined from 8th Order.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the attempt by W-BR members made to retcon a roleplaying angle to an in-game conflict.  I thought it was quite impressive.       

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #63 on: 01 Apr 2011, 14:57 »

Good conflict so far (Minus the OMG OMG WE killed 5 Ravens).

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #64 on: 01 Apr 2011, 14:59 »

As an aside, on the more general topic of IC/OOC bleedthrough and :dramaz: etc., I will bet and guarantee to you that the guys from Wolfsbridge, will be the most laidback about it, and not see a problem at all.

The non-RPers who sometimes dabble in lite RP always end up being the ones that are like "Oh hey man, yeah cool, it's just RP"

We suck :P

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #65 on: 01 Apr 2011, 15:19 »

This may belong in the Fed-RP tread, but one thing that makes me sad is the constant state of players defecting from the Fed to help the 'enemy' and such.

Several 8th order have joined the other side and are now fighting against their former comrades, and a SOTF carrier war downed while assisting the very same fomer enemy faction.

All the more glory to them to do what they think is fun, but the constant rate of people leaving the Fed to shoot the Fed up is getting absurd, it's like an over-used, horrible meme at this point.

I'm surprized no-one have pointed this out IC on the igs yet, but perhaps that's just how it goes. It's so standard now none care anymore.

YoshiMoromuo

• Clonejack
« Reply #66 on: 01 Apr 2011, 17:47 »

There are a whole host of problems that plague FW as a whole, and they honestly started back when FW started.

Back to what seems to have become the topic in here, though... what was that about sockpuppets calling others sockpuppets in that thread declaring mutual war? I hope I haven't been demoted to sockpuppet for challenging them to "prove it or back off" with that little CN dispatch they claimed.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #67 on: 01 Apr 2011, 18:17 »

No no, we dropped that tangent already. Let's keep going with the FW stuff. :)

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #68 on: 01 Apr 2011, 20:05 »

Confusion >.<

Who are you replying to Cas?

YoshiMoromuo

• Clonejack
« Reply #69 on: 01 Apr 2011, 20:19 »

Confusion >.<

Who are you replying to Cas?
Clearly, me. Suffering from latecomers' confusion, sorry.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #70 on: 01 Apr 2011, 20:21 »

Sorry, should have specified. Yes, I'd think moving away from the sock puppet stuff would be good. :)

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #71 on: 01 Apr 2011, 21:10 »

Well, I'll just go my own direction and see how it goes.  :)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #72 on: 02 Apr 2011, 09:34 »

Lots of new faces in the "mutual war" thread.  I like watching the Ishukonites & SuVee-like-folks shoot at each other.   ;)

Yes, I am calling them SuVee-like.  I have not seen them claim association with KK, Wirykomi, or Lai Dai* and they seem to fit the linked description.

*If they claim Lai Dai, I am going to have a whole host of issues.

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #73 on: 03 Apr 2011, 12:07 »

I don't think they are going all-in with the rp.  Some having fun with it, some slightly mocking I-RED with it.  

But if you want to attach a political faction to it, it would have to be the Practicals.  There's an excellent post in the official forum thread about how such incidents which led to this war occurred.  That area of the warzone is basically prison rules with all the strong pirate corps running around.  W-BR, 4H, et al are all being realists when they know they have to be the biggest, toughest dogs in the yard if The State is to ever gain full control over the disputed systems.  The Patriots would want them to concentrate on only Gallente targets, and the Liberals will opt for blue ops with the Gallente to fight the pirates (an act much more reviled in the general militia than shooting neutrals).  

But in my opinion, most State Pro pilots likely fall under the dissociated tag.  The militia is perfectly fine employing those willing to do their dirty work, so they have no large corporation to answer to when they do something sinister.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 12:14 by Chowda »

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #74 on: 04 Apr 2011, 15:20 »

Chowda: thanks for that.  A very enlightened objective assessment, imho.

I am enjoying the situation and am excited to see how things go.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2011, 15:21 by Bureeiku »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8