Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Discussion on SF/Veto/Moira/RK inter-org politics and dispute  (Read 9585 times)

Aira Hakaari

• Clonejack

Here's a question.

Why did anyone have to dramatize this in a public forum? It's between three people and their corps, not everyone else. I don't care about this.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

Here's a question.

Why did anyone have to dramatize this in a public forum? It's between three people and their corps, not everyone else. I don't care about this.

Because putting two or more people who play their characters as self-inserts in a public forum always leads to a thread like this.

Forever.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Interesting point there, Andreus, though it might not be a nice thing to say. :|

And I say this as somebody who has been an observer since the server opened and never really been a part of any RP group or other group for that matter (eight years of "solo" play indeed) and still have little to no respect for SFs doings. I have just not been able to point out why.

Though, with the limited player interaction I do I guess I should not be bothered.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2011, 13:49 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com

Like I said in private correspondence with Jade, and will say openly here : I hope things change, I hope that he can change, and I hope that perception of The Star Fraction can change. It's going to take time, and it's going to be drawn out, but it needs to happen.

There are too many ridiculous old feuds among the RP community that keep us divided and prevent us from doing much greater things.

Well said, one of the reasons why they are now neutral to Ishuk-Raata. We were lucky enough to overcome our differences via IC paths as well. ;)

I'd be more than happy to do the same, but thus far there's been no give and take.  :)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

Like I said in private correspondence with Jade, and will say openly here : I hope things change, I hope that he can change, and I hope that perception of The Star Fraction can change. It's going to take time, and it's going to be drawn out, but it needs to happen.

There are too many ridiculous old feuds among the RP community that keep us divided and prevent us from doing much greater things.

But ridiculous feuds are where all the fun is had :( Nothing beats a bit of IC hatred or OOC animosity to make things interresting and fun.
Honestly, the worst time I had in EVE was when I had a reasonably good relationship with my enemies - it usually resulted in being called out for ganking people when it wasnt convenient for them  :|
Not saying everybody should hate anyone, but the tit for tat animosity mini and amarr militia have evolved so far proves to be a reservoir of unlimited entertainment.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger

You can gank me at an inconvenient time, if you want. >:(

(In fact, I haven't been pewed in ages. Double >:( )
Will work for pretty sig.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette

Honestly, the worst time I had in EVE was when I had a reasonably good relationship with my enemies - it usually resulted in being called out for ganking people when it wasnt convenient for them  :|

Frankly friendship shouldn't get in the way of blowing things up.  Or otherwise pissing in people's cheerios--this is EVE.  I have a lot of friends in HABIT, but you don't see me giving their corp wallet back.  And I'd take Viper out for beers, though I'd not turn my back on him.   :P

This is a game where we make things explode.  If people are expecting you to stop playing the game because you're friends with them, well, they're doing it wrong (INCOMING MODERATION OH MAH GAWD).  But seriously. 

Lyn Farel

But ridiculous feuds are where all the fun is had :( Nothing beats a bit of IC hatred or OOC animosity to make things interresting and fun.
Not saying everybody should hate anyone, but the tit for tat animosity mini and amarr militia have evolved so far proves to be a reservoir of unlimited entertainment.

I have to admit this is not my kind of fun. Not at all. : (

All lovey dovey OOC and IC feuds for me. Way more entertaining, much like the OOC thread between U'K and VI recently.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

First let me address this “respect issue.” Andreus, Myyona and Verone speak above about “respect needing to be got before it can be given.”

And Andreus and Verone go on to explain why they feel they haven’t been given respect and thus do not give respect in turn. I can understand this impulse because it is simple human nature though it does indicate that part of the problem here:

Is the expectation of IC respect along with OOC respect and that’s where things get muddy.

Now at Andreus to begin with.

As I understand it you were treated quite decently and granted full ooc respect by one of our directors who met you at a pub meet some years ago. More recently I don’t recall you being disrespected on an out of character level by the Fraction. Indeed a few months ago I recall you being disappointed and frustrated with Eve and posting that you were going to quit the game on Eve general forum. As is the custom with these posts you had pages of people trolling you and generally laughing and I came there and said something positive to you as a player with heartfelt respect and sympathy.

So while its true to say we have no respect for your character in-character, that is not the whole story. But then as we’ve concluded already – you have to give respect to get respect and from the perspective of our membership your character does not act in a way we respect on the Eve forums (which is our sole medium of interaction).

We could fill pages “he said” / “she said” and ancient wrongs but why bother?

I don’t believe in justifying IC actions with pages of OOC explanations – why is it difficult to believe that a hardline federalist nationalist speaker who has often used the line “I might hate the Amarrians/Gurristas/Serpentis/Caldari but I hate the Fraction more” would be considered an empty vessel by the people HE has been insulting and deriding now for years?

Why is IC respect needed? If you are comfortable having your character operating as an anti Fraction mouthpiece that simply joins ANY thread and hurls rotten fruit at the Fraction why do you need IC respect from us in the first place?

And if you want to change the way you are perceived then simply change the way your character acts. Give respect, get respect.

And to Verone now.

You say in your post above that you consider it inexplicable that Jade (and other Free Captains) came to dislike your character. I really don’t understand why.

Veto pilots attacked our organization and earned their -10. When a senior director initiated diplomacy to check if you were serious about this you told him something like “I can’t control my pilots without standings and I don’t want to set you blue” we said fine and kept you -10 from that day. If you had wanted to do diplomacy at any time the door was open.

Jade’s comment about Verone being an "Imperialist Sympathizer" came from one post Verone made using the Andreus line “I might hate the Amarr but they are more honourable than the Fraction” (or words to that effect) and Jade in seeing this concluded that Verone liked the sound of his own voice more than honest discussion and slammed him on it.

But again, that’s pure IC. By and large I am not in contact with you OOC Verone. I don’t have contacts in common, I don’t speak to you OOC regularly – last time we DID speak was in Iceland where I believe we resolved the issues with your dislike and boycotting of CSM1 (I seem to remember there was something that stopped you running yourself?) fairly completely over a long rambling drunken conversation.

I think the problem you have with us Verone is you are too quick to assume that what we do IC reflects an automatic OOC shadow of opinion or dislike and I hope to demonstrate why that is completely wrong.

When we see Verone doing something like playing both sides of the Sansha war, by playing the pirate and attacking anyone he feels like then claiming he’s more honourable and principled than x,y,z person our CHARACTERS might think Verone is a Snake unable to be trusted but by and large that is as far as it goes.

In character you are a snake! You are a pirate who lives on the misery and terror of others, who cheats and lies and steals and brutalizes New Eden.

Sometimes I think you want everything too much your own way and try to combine in the character of Verone both Captain Hook AND Peter Pann (and sometimes ever the bloody tick tock Crocodile too!) and you get a little frustrated when other characters don't respect this characterization to your full and complete expectations.

It all becomes a muddle frankly and it does represent why messing up notions IC and OOC respect can be a fiasco on stilts with a plastic party clown hat and silly nose.

Recent example of something *MUCH* better?

I-RED. Last year we came into direct hostility and contact with I-RED at the event their executor organized at the Malkenen memorial. We sent a fleet there and blew up John’s ship to make a point about Amarrian influence over the memorial of a man who liberated billions of slaves. Was a pure IC motivated response to an IC political situation. At the time a hellova lot of “RP’ers” got their noses twisted out of joint by this action (including yourself Verone) but in the wake of it the single OOC contact we had from John Revenant was a nice mail on chatsubo that said “excellent fun guys, thanks or making the event an interesting one”.

Now that ladies and gents, is how an RP’er should behave in our eyes. We had a furious IC argument with I-RED and their supporters, there were massive IGS debates and fallout, but OOC relations were not damaged or foisted into the equation.

So this year (and this goes back to respect gets respect on the IC level) – we were planning what to do about the Memorial again. Do we wardec I-RED again? Do we attend for other reasons, do we ignore it? Do we do our own?

And out of the blue we get an IC contact from I-RED executive wing that invited the Fraction to speak with courtesy and respectful tone and I passed this to the alliance and asked what people felt about it?

An internal vote was held with a large majority being to respond to this by looking at I-RED’s history over the last year and see where they were now and ultimately initiate diplomacy if we felt there had been genuine evolution. There was, we did, and diplomatic settlement was made without a single OOC discussion between our organizations whatsoever.

We were able to conclude a load and dynamic IC feud by entirely IC means by dint of both sides being prepared to offer the other a little respect and move forwards with the relationship.

So this does raise the question in my eyes about how this “respect” issue arises in general.
With Verone and Veto  -> I don’t really see (and do correct me if I am wrong in this) what grounds can possibly exist for IC respect between Veto and the Star Fraction.

Veto is -10 to the Fraction because they fired on one of our ships and Verone refused to grant standings as part of a resolution. This meant that we’d have to suffer future “random attacks” without warning so resolved simply to keep Veto -10.

On a deeper level:

Star Fraction is a democratic anarchist organization and Veto is a fascist dictatorship. 
Star Fraction are freespacers and Veto are enclosurists
Star Fraction is NRDS and Veto is NBSI
Star Fraction is anti government and Veto is (well, if not statist, then by turns flirts with a variety of statist principles)
Star Fraction believes in liberation of the human spirit and Veto believes in robbing it. Etc etc. But these are ALL IC DIFFERENCES.

See I don’t think our characters need to respect VETO IC at all, in order to have a better level of respect and professionalism (and avoidance of vile local smack etc) on a player level.

And this I think is where the trainwreck began last Friday where my request for a very simple thing (improvement of OOC relations and less smack talk in local) got mutated into this huge “master plan” where Verone gets to dictate our alliances future wars, engagement, IGS posting and every other aspect of our play simply to court a better standing with the mystical “RP community”.

It was a mistake and I hope you will join me in admitting that now Verone.

That said, there still seems to be a misconception with regards to the ceasefire for Moira, in a sense that people seem to feel that I was trying to help Moira out personally. This isn't the case. The idea behind the ceasefire was simple. I was intending to take The Star Fraction out of the RP equation all together, to the point of there being nothing to post about on the IGS, nothing for anyone, SF or otherwise to gloat on. My intention was then to assist Jade in rebuilding bridges and trying to take care of past issues and conflicts, before helping to organise things so that SF could bounce back into the RP community full swing and not feel isolated from the rest of us.

I find that statement astonishing. That you could believe for one moment that an alliance like Star Fraction with an independent group of players who have charted our own progress and destiny in this game for longer than most have existed could or would allow itself to be dictated to in such a manner by an in-game hostile entity. If I was to have gone to our next alliance meeting and said "Verone is running our policy and war choice and IGS posting for the next few months for the good of our reputation with the RP community" they'd think I'd have gone utterly mad and fired me.

And this is where I think your annoyance comes from in this matter Verone. I asked you for a very simple thing and that was your help in calming down the local smack and getting rid of some of the needle and feuding that your section of the RP community has been doing too much. In return I offered the chance that SF members would play a greater role in the community on an ooc level (which I believe they would if the general mood was improved.)

I didn't ask for your opinion on the wars we were fighting.
I didn't ask for your help in arranging ceasefire with Moira.
I didn't ask for resolution of standings with Veto or Rote Kapelle or whoever else.

I'd witnessed a bad night of Veto/Kapelle fleet smacktalk in Pelille and as I said to you in that chat - it made me feel absolutely disinclined to interest in fighting and "what the hell is all this for?"

So in a triumph of naivete over experience (that I have since described to my own alliance as a terrible tactical error) I held out my hand and tried to see if you could help get this smack fiesta closed down.

Instead we got all this and open wounds flowing bitter blood and craziness.

So now I'm going to ask you again Verone.

Can you help settle the smacktalk issue and help me resolve those existing ooc feuds impacting this divided RP community?

I am not asking for involvement in our IC politics or choices.
I am not asking for shoe-horned ceasefires and imposed IGS silence.

I am asking you as a Player (not Verone the character) to do what you can to put some cold water on the smack volcanos and do what you can to ensure that ooc feuds are not continuing to isolate the Fraction on a purely OOC level. (I would include my ongoing channel ban from OOC channel in game in this category since we both know there is absolutely no justice to that decision.)

These are small gestures perhaps but they will reap larger rewards if we can begin to build trust as player to player while the grand IC politics of eve continue without disruption or interference.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 07:43 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Can I ask two questions?

Jade:
Why exactly were you banned from all these OOC channels in the first place, in your opinion?

People responsible for actually banning Jade:
Same question, what did Jade do, OOC, to deserve getting banned from these channels?

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

Can I ask two questions?

Jade:
Why exactly were you banned from all these OOC channels in the first place, in your opinion?

Its only the main ooc channel as far as I know. As for the reason, it initally happened several years ago and the banning was made by Jonny Damordred (i think) during some silly debate where it was about demonstrating the power of moderation or something like that.

I asked to be unbanned last year to a moderator there and was unbanned (was it silvernight? I can't be sure but it *might have been*)

Then Ashar KorAzor returned from inactivity and immediately banned me again with no reason (beyond profanity) given.

I asked on a couple of occassions for the reason but never received any response beyond simple insults.

On balance I feel it sends a negative message on RP unity to have the ceo of a large and active RP alliance banned from the main in game ooc channel and it doesn't aid in the resolution of ooc disputes having one side permanently exiled from the discussion venue. I can assure you I have absolutely no interest in having arguments and nonsense there but I think it will send a useful message that thing ARE improving if this issue is resolved.

People responsible for actually banning Jade:
Same question, what did Jade do, OOC, to deserve getting banned from these channels?

I think you will need to speak to Ashar.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 07:36 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Usagi Tsukino

• Wetgraver
  • Fail RPer; Doing It Wrong.
    • Usagi's Seldom Updated Twitter Account

I didn't want to get back into this, but Jade you keep bringing up 'smacktalk' when speaking of VETO and I am going to have to call [citation needed] on this one. I admit that the ONLY VETO/Rote join op I have been on that involved SF was when we cyno'd in on top of the Moria tower, but looking at the logs, you hardly see Veto speak at all, much less do anything that would be considered 'smack'.

[ 2011.05.17 17:32:03 ] EVE System > Channel changed to Pelille Local Channel
 [ 2011.05.17 17:32:18 ] Bacchanalian > You ran away again
 [ 2011.05.17 17:33:40 ] Jade Constantine > Bacchanalian are you going to tell me you don't run away from 5-1 odds on a hostile POS now ?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:33:53 ] Sturm Gewehr > incapped pos's are scary c/d?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:34:00 ] Proxay > Use your resources strategically.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:34:03 ] Jade Constantine > you can hide inside it
 [ 2011.05.17 17:34:12 ] Kedisa > Lol 3 bombers and a sleipnir and you laugh when we claok?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:34:23 ] Proxay > Retreat is an option, but given your covert aresnal, you should be playing the game that way.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:34:34 ] Proxay > Running doesn't seem like an apt tactic given your covert superiority.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:34:41 ] Bacchanalian > I just remember a time when Star Fraction would plant seeds of doubt in the minds of pilots who were left to die by their craven companions
 [ 2011.05.17 17:34:43 ] Bacchanalian > Much like that
 [ 2011.05.17 17:35:21 ] Jade Constantine > I imagine you remember a time when you fought with us against tremendous odds
 [ 2011.05.17 17:35:26 ] Jade Constantine > against the Amarrian bloc
 [ 2011.05.17 17:35:32 ] Jade Constantine > now you are the bloc
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:07 ] Bacchanalian > Yes, I am indeed an Amarrian.  Have you been overdosing on boosters Jade?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:16 ] Jade Constantine > did I say Amarrian?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:24 ] Jade Constantine > or are you protesting too much
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:30 ] Jade Constantine > you have become the tyrant
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:34 ] Jade Constantine > we once fought together
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:38 ] Bacchanalian > Now that is rich.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:43 ] Jade Constantine > and accurate
 [ 2011.05.17 17:36:55 ] Jade Constantine > you are at the head of an alliance that exists purely to murder and despoil
 [ 2011.05.17 17:37:03 ] Krisy Meyren > Tyrant Kapelle...
 [ 2011.05.17 17:37:10 ] Proxay > Spaceship Tyrants
 [ 2011.05.17 17:37:13 ] Jade Constantine > and dares accuse a smaller force of disengaging
 [ 2011.05.17 17:37:20 ] Jade Constantine > it is rather foolish
 [ 2011.05.17 17:37:23 ] Bacchanalian > I've not been at the head of this alliance for some time now Jade.  You would do better to gather intel more efficiently.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:37:57 ] Kedisa > Mmeeeehhhh mmmeeehhhh meeeehhhhhh
 [ 2011.05.17 17:38:11 ] Proxay > Jade, I don't think we condem the act of retreating strategically, what we seem to condemn, is the act of retreating when tactical options are available.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:38:13 ] Jade Constantine > but you do not answer my charge I notice
 [ 2011.05.17 17:38:25 ] Proxay > Use your bombers.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:38:55 ] Jade Constantine > do you often have enemies who are prepared to discuss tactics with you in local Proxay?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:39:08 ] LeoniaTavira > we like to help people when we can
 [ 2011.05.17 17:39:18 ] Kedisa > How would you suggest we engage then?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:39:19 ] Proxay > I offer advice where I can.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:39:36 ] Bacchanalian > 3 Falcons was a good start.  You probably have more ECM than we have pilots in fleet.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:39:57 ] Proxay > Kedisa, if you guys have fit your bombers half-well, you should have a bomb launcher...? Try lobbing a few bombs at us.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:05 ] Kedisa > This is lowsec...
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:06 ] Krisy Meyren > Lowsec Proxay
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:08 ] Jade Constantine > are you aware where we are fighting?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:11 ] Proxay > Oooooo
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:12 ] Kedisa > Lol noob.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:20 ] Proxay > Sorry, too used to 0.0.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:25 ] Proxay > ;/
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:27 ] Usagi Tsukino > Yeah those gate guns. Awesome range....
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:44 ] Jade Constantine > I don't really understand the reference
 [ 2011.05.17 17:40:55 ] Jade Constantine > still thank you for clarifying the campaign goals now
 [ 2011.05.17 17:41:06 ] claire xxx > The best part about this ... Rote and Veto here to rep a POS bwahahahahahaha
 [ 2011.05.17 17:41:12 ] Jade Constantine > It is our task to hurt moira and your task to keep them alive
 [ 2011.05.17 17:41:20 ] Jade Constantine > we will see who wins
 [ 2011.05.17 17:41:44 ] Bacchanalian > Aren't we still waiting to see who will win between you and the Amarrians, or did you finally throw in the towel on that one and admit defeat?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:41:59 ] Jade Constantine > we won
 [ 2011.05.17 17:42:06 ] Jade Constantine > next
 [ 2011.05.17 17:42:19 ] Bacchanalian > Ah, of course.  I hadn't been down that way in some time to notice that CVA no longer exists.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:11 ] Jade Constantine > well they lost Providence
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:16 ] Jade Constantine > as did Sev3rance
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:26 ] Jade Constantine > its a fairly clear result
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:27 ] Bacchanalian > Severance are in the north now, holding space as part of the NC
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:32 ] Bacchanalian > You relocated them.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:45 ] Jade Constantine > well truth be told
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:50 ] Jade Constantine > the last alliance either of us terminated
 [ 2011.05.17 17:43:54 ] Jade Constantine > was probably KD
 [ 2011.05.17 17:44:01 ] Krisy Meyren > Didn't AAA kill off CVA?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:44:12 ] Bacchanalian > Acheron Federation was mostly the doing of Stimulus quite honestly.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:44:50 ] Talerco > I heard SF smashed CVA's morale and left AAA with an easy job
 [ 2011.05.17 17:45:10 ] Jade Constantine > you asked a question I answered
 [ 2011.05.17 17:45:29 ] Proxay > Cleverbot is similar in function.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:45:50 ] Jade Constantine > Still, why talk of old wars we have a new conflict
 [ 2011.05.17 17:45:59 ] Usagi Tsukino > Is this a game where someone asks what 1 plus 1 is and we answer 3 and pretend it's reality?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:03 ] Jade Constantine > and we get to play the heroic underdogs with 10v1 against odds :)
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:15 ] Jade Constantine > its just like old times
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:19 ] Proxay > The war on sobriety rages on for Jade.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:20 ] Bacchanalian > You always did enjoy playing the martyr.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:32 ] Jade Constantine > I wouldn't say martyr
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:38 ] Jade Constantine > because I don't intend to die
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:39 ] Jade Constantine > or lose
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:48 ] Jade Constantine > but I do like playing the heroic underdog
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:48 ] Talerco > can't loose if you don't engage
 [ 2011.05.17 17:46:49 ] Kedisa > He probablu means your alt they just killed.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:04 ] Jade Constantine > which alt ?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:07 ] Kedisa > Claire
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:10 ] Jade Constantine > lol
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:11 ] Kedisa > :P
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:25 ] Jade Constantine > Talerco
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:28 ] Jade Constantine > talk to me about engaging
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:31 ] Jade Constantine > the next time
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:33 ] Jade Constantine > you ever dare
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:38 ] Jade Constantine > fight an engagement
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:43 ] Jade Constantine > without overwhelming odds
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:45 ] Jade Constantine > until then
 [ 2011.05.17 17:47:48 ] Jade Constantine > silence is your friend
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:07 ] Talerco > right
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:14 ] Proxay > What
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:15 ] Proxay > are
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:16 ] Proxay > you
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:17 ] Proxay > on
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:18 ] Proxay > about
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:25 ] Usagi Tsukino > A lesson about silence from Jade?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:33 ] Jade Constantine > I am suggestion you are a risk adverse alliance of cowardly dogs
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:35 ] Usagi Tsukino > Good grief.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:48:42 ] Jade Constantine > its fairly blunt :)
 [ 2011.05.17 17:50:31 ] Jade Constantine > and to be honest Usagi a lesson in silence from me is every bit as ironic as a lesson in pvp tactics from an ex member of APEX ...
 [ 2011.05.17 17:50:34 ] Jade Constantine > /emote grins
 [ 2011.05.17 17:51:13 ] Usagi Tsukino > Whut? Sorry it's hard to hear you with that station bulk head between us.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:51:24 ] Jade Constantine > why are you docked up?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:51:35 ] Bacchanalian > Jade doesn't dock, Jade cloaks.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:51:43 ] Jade Constantine > oh I forget
 [ 2011.05.17 17:51:52 ] Jade Constantine > you consider cloaks are heretic don't you?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:23 ] Usagi Tsukino > Oh. Must be the cloaking field then. It was some field of chicken crap disrupting communications. I apoligize.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:28 ] Jade Constantine > see!
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:30 ] Bacchanalian > Hiding behind one while running your mouth is rather craven.  They have their purpose.  Providing invulnerability while yammering, however...
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:38 ] Jade Constantine > Aren't you hiding ?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:46 ] Bacchanalian > I'm sitting in plain sight
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:52 ] Jade Constantine > on an enemy POS
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:56 ] Bacchanalian > Right next to the smoldering wreckage of an SF vessel.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:52:58 ] Kedisa > Hiding behind a massive group of friends lol.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:01 ] Jade Constantine > with every single NAP you can manage
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:06 ] Jade Constantine > in sight
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:11 ] Usagi Tsukino > No. I am sitting on top of a bunch of broken guns waiting for one of your 'freecaptains' to come and 'liberate' me from my ship!
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:15 ] Bacchanalian > Indeed, we have a shocking 2 organizations set blue.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:27 ] Bacchanalian > It is an embarassingly large number.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:30 ] Jade Constantine > and about five times our number mind
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:41 ] Jade Constantine > and still you force us to attack towers
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:45 ] Bacchanalian > You have 2/5 organizations set blue?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:48 ] Jade Constantine > because you lack the courage to assault ours
 [ 2011.05.17 17:53:56 ] Bacchanalian > 40% of a single organization, how does that work?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:06 ] Jade Constantine > it doesn't work at all if you can't count
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:17 ] Bacchanalian > I forced you to do nothing
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:29 ] Usagi Tsukino > Bacch... You forced them....
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:36 ] Usagi Tsukino > I...
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:42 ] Usagi Tsukino > My respect...
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:47 ] Jade Constantine > by you I mean VETO/MOIRA/KAPELLE obviously
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:49 ] Bacchanalian > I may force you to wake up in a clone vat at some point, but as of now you have made your decisions on your own.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:54:59 ] Jade Constantine > your cowardice
 [ 2011.05.17 17:55:04 ] Jade Constantine > demands that we take action
 [ 2011.05.17 17:55:12 ] Jade Constantine > because you insult us by your nature
 [ 2011.05.17 17:55:16 ] Talerco > bring it on baby :)
 [ 2011.05.17 17:55:20 ] Bacchanalian > By all means, cloak and spew more filth into the neocom
 [ 2011.05.17 17:55:30 ] Jade Constantine > filth?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:55:36 ] Bacchanalian > Or does SF know another sort of action now?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:55:50 ] Jade Constantine > how many wars have you won since you left us Bacchanalian ?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:56:05 ] claire xxx > someone wake me up when the smack-fest is over
 [ 2011.05.17 17:56:08 ] Bacchanalian > wars?  I don't waste my time with CONCORD's bullshit.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:56:12 ] Jade Constantine > right
 [ 2011.05.17 17:56:15 ] Jade Constantine > so none then
 [ 2011.05.17 17:56:41 ] Morwen Lagann > One doesn't need to play along with CONCORD to fight a war, Constantine. Would think you'd know that by now.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:56:58 ] Jade Constantine > I asked of wars
 [ 2011.05.17 17:56:58 ] Bacchanalian > His experience living in nullsec was rather short lived.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:05 ] Jade Constantine > and yet
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:09 ] Jade Constantine > in my experience
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:11 ] Usagi Tsukino > Oh hey, Morwen!
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:12 ] Bacchanalian > He may not remember how it works.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:16 ] Jade Constantine > we built an outpost and lost it
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:22 ] Jade Constantine > more than you have ever dared to do
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:35 ] Bacchanalian > Yes, you claimed ownership of a system.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:36 ] Usagi Tsukino > You're in fleet and I didn't even see you!
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:37 ] Jade Constantine > crouching in somebody else's station
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:43 ] Bacchanalian > More than any self-respecting freespacer would do.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:44 ] Jade Constantine > that cannot be taken away from you
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:58 ] Jade Constantine > as you know well
 [ 2011.05.17 17:57:58 ] Kedisa > Nah it was always freespace, we never claimed it.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:58:06 ] Bacchanalian > Odd
 [ 2011.05.17 17:58:12 ] Morwen Lagann > /emote grins > That's a bit silly, given I'm in one of the bigger ships on the field, Usagi. Sure your camera drones are working?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:58:23 ] Bacchanalian > When I passed through your system, I wasn't permitted to dock in this free station.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:58:32 ] Jade Constantine > you were hostile to the fraction
 [ 2011.05.17 17:58:40 ] Bacchanalian > I seem to recall even some of the worst nullsec entities in EVE allowed all to dock in their freeports.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:58:42 ] Jade Constantine > we have always shot enemies
 [ 2011.05.17 17:58:45 ] Bacchanalian > EC-P8R was once like this.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:59:18 ] Jade Constantine > a freeport that allows neutrals to dock is a freeport
 [ 2011.05.17 17:59:25 ] Usagi Tsukino > No, I turned them towards the sun to counter the pain rushing into my ears from Jade the Wonderdope.
 [ 2011.05.17 17:59:30 ] Usagi Tsukino > So...
 [ 2011.05.17 17:59:37 ] Jade Constantine > Oh shut up you silly airhead
 [ 2011.05.17 17:59:52 ] Jade Constantine > your elders are talking
 [ 2011.05.17 17:59:56 ] Usagi Tsukino > Airhead?
 [ 2011.05.17 17:59:57 ] Sturm Gewehr > Yes you silly delictable fruit flavored syrup strip.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:00:04 ] Jade Constantine > /emote grins
 [ 2011.05.17 18:00:07 ] Usagi Tsukino > Elder?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:00:17 ] Usagi Tsukino > Grandpappy Bacch?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:00:24 ] Bacchanalian > I am bald, after all.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:00:29 ] Jade Constantine > he at least does have a reputation
 [ 2011.05.17 18:00:39 ] Jade Constantine > you Usagi are rather much a blank sheet
 [ 2011.05.17 18:01:11 ] Usagi Tsukino > Tell me about the days when people had to fly uphill both ways to declare war on nationalist territorial pigdogs, Grandpappy Bacch...
 [ 2011.05.17 18:01:29 ] Jade Constantine > you aren't very funny either
 [ 2011.05.17 18:01:35 ] Jade Constantine > the Amarrians have far better clowns
 [ 2011.05.17 18:01:37 ] Usagi Tsukino > I disagree.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:01:53 ] LeoniaTavira > they're called pet minmatar
 [ 2011.05.17 18:03:18 ] Jade Constantine > you don't mind if I take a few pictures of you repairing a nationalist tower do you ?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:03:24 ] Jade Constantine > for posterity
 [ 2011.05.17 18:03:41 ] Morwen Lagann > Would you like us to smile and say "cheese!" while you're at it?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:03:51 ] Kedisa > Maybe a thumbs up?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:04:22 ] Krisy Meyren > Wouldn't that picture just be a constant remainder of your failure?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:04:27 ] Jade Constantine > was more talking to the apparent ex anarchist lackies of Soter's federalists than the washed up piratico-fascist hasbeens Morwen
 [ 2011.05.17 18:04:30 ] Krisy Meyren > reminder*
 [ 2011.05.17 18:04:44 ] Jade Constantine > our failure to brutalize Moira ?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:04:50 ] Krisy Meyren > Piratico!
 [ 2011.05.17 18:04:54 ] Jade Constantine > one battle doesn't make the war
 [ 2011.05.17 18:04:59 ] Krisy Meyren > Sounds like a pirate version of Tropico
 [ 2011.05.17 18:05:06 ] Jade Constantine > I hope you are used to hotdropping in their defense
 [ 2011.05.17 18:05:10 ] Jade Constantine > it will be needed a lot
 [ 2011.05.17 18:05:36 ] Morwen Lagann > ... I'm afraid you'll have to use smaller words, Jade, it's hard to make out the longer once amidst all the laughter on fleet comms.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:05:45 ] Morwen Lagann > Longer ones, sorry.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:11:22 ] Jade Constantine > are you going to repair their entire pos by the way?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:12:22 ] Usagi Tsukino > Would that make you angry?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:12:38 ] Jade Constantine > yes I'd be absolutely furious
 [ 2011.05.17 18:12:53 ] Usagi Tsukino > Then yes, yes we will.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:12:54 ] Jade Constantine > if you spend your evening here I will probably do deeply disraught
 [ 2011.05.17 18:13:08 ] Bacchanalian > Touched is the word I would have chosen.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:13:08 ] Usagi Tsukino > Then we will be here all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 [ 2011.05.17 18:13:40 ] Kedisa > Yeah from a member point of view, it would be really demoralising if you were to rep that after we killed everything yesterday so expensively.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:13:53 ] Kedisa > So please don't lol.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:14:02 ] Jade Constantine > since you are going to be here a while then Bacchanalian why don't we talk a little about your issues with us ?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:14:08 ] Usagi Tsukino > In face, I am going to begin terraforming this moon so I can farm cattle and grow wheat.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:14:18 ] Usagi Tsukino > *fact
 [ 2011.05.17 18:15:26 ] Jade Constantine > come on it'll do you some good to find some closure Bacch
 [ 2011.05.17 18:15:40 ] Jade Constantine > I think it was very helpful to Sakura the other week
 [ 2011.05.17 18:15:59 ] Bacchanalian > Sakura has far more need than I.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:16:18 ] Bacchanalian > Poor girl probably needs a few years on the couch to be quite honest with you.  Not right in the head.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:16:29 ] Jade Constantine > so come on then lets talk
 [ 2011.05.17 18:16:29 ] Usagi Tsukino > Sak's issues extend far past the Star Fraction...
 [ 2011.05.17 18:16:50 ] Jade Constantine > about what you see is your role in New Eden now Bacch
 [ 2011.05.17 18:16:52 ] Usagi Tsukino > She couldn't find closure if it was on sale at Fedmart.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:17:23 ] Bacchanalian > My role for one is to not play word games with Jade Constantine.  Feel free to keep blowing hot air though.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:17:44 ] Jade Constantine > What else is there for you to do while you are repping?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:17:54 ] Sturm Gewehr > fap
 [ 2011.05.17 18:18:04 ] Jade Constantine > I'm being polite and offering to help you pass the time
 [ 2011.05.17 18:18:19 ] Bacchanalian > I can entertain myself, but thank you.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:18:21 ] Usagi Tsukino > Fly over here and uncloak. That would help.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:18:43 ] Jade Constantine > I'm sure you don't want your subordinates to get the impression you are somehow afraid of a discussion bacch
 [ 2011.05.17 18:19:36 ] Bacchanalian > My subordinates know my actions in space count for far more than my words.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:02 ] Jade Constantine > then for the benefit of those who are not your subordinates
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:08 ] Jade Constantine > perhaps you'd like to explain
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:11 ] Jade Constantine > what you are for
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:14 ] Usagi Tsukino > I doubt they care.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:29 ] Usagi Tsukino > You seem to care the most.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:34 ] Usagi Tsukino > You're OBSESSED.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:39 ] Jade Constantine > hmmmm
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:41 ] Usagi Tsukino > It's weird.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:52 ] Usagi Tsukino > W-E-I-R-D.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:20:59 ] Jade Constantine > but somehow I'm not the one repping up an ultra nationalist pigdog tower
 [ 2011.05.17 18:21:10 ] Jade Constantine > just to find some kind of jab at an old comrade now
 [ 2011.05.17 18:21:12 ] Jade Constantine > am I ?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:21:22 ] Usagi Tsukino > That would be even weird, consindering you're the one who damaged it.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:21:37 ] Scaeva > our statist counterrevolution will continue in the face of your primitive utopian ideals
 [ 2011.05.17 18:21:39 ] Usagi Tsukino > *weirder
 [ 2011.05.17 18:21:47 ] Jade Constantine > you find it wierd that we seek to harm pigdog nationalists now ?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:21:59 ] Usagi Tsukino > ....pay attention.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:22:18 ] Jade Constantine > you are difficult to follow because you are remarkably stupid
 [ 2011.05.17 18:22:37 ] Bacchanalian > I'll take stupid over crazy myself.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:22:57 ] Jade Constantine > why exactly do you think I am crazy Bacch?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:23:11 ] Usagi Tsukino > I guess Constanitis is contagious....
 [ 2011.05.17 18:23:19 ] Jade Constantine > weak
 [ 2011.05.17 18:23:31 ] Jade Constantine > "you are" is so pre high school
 [ 2011.05.17 18:23:51 ] Usagi Tsukino > I know, I know.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:24:16 ] Usagi Tsukino > Lucky for me though I am not trying to impress myself with my words, so... Meh. I don't care.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:24:38 ] Jade Constantine > who are you trying to impress?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:25:42 ] Usagi Tsukino > No one. I have no one to impress with my words. My actions have far more than proven my worth. You're the one who seems to need to try and impress people.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:25:45 ] Usagi Tsukino > Just sayin'.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:30:05 ] Jade Constantine > Example ?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:30:15 ] Jade Constantine > what have you achieved with your actions ?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:31:49 ] Scaeva > Well we're helping you achieve your daily word count aren't we?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:32:03 ] Scaeva > Not that you need much assistance in that department
 [ 2011.05.17 18:34:11 ] Jade Constantine > it was not a hard question I asked you
 [ 2011.05.17 18:34:16 ] Jade Constantine > surely?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:34:29 ] Gaven Darklighter > Galvanized wtf are you doing here?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:06 ] Bacchanalian > Yeah, no Pikeys allowed!
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:08 ] Galvanized > reading local atm :)
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:18 ] Gaven Darklighter > typical
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:20 ] Galvanized > been a good read for the last 30 mins or so ^^
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:25 ] Gaven Darklighter > while ship spinning i assume :-p
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:37 ] Galvanized > nah ive been running 5's next door lol
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:46 ] Gaven Darklighter > that Jade person seems pretty teartastic
 [ 2011.05.17 18:35:54 ] Gaven Darklighter > ahh nice location for it
 [ 2011.05.17 18:36:27 ] Galvanized > I've come to the conclusion their is some history between them !
 [ 2011.05.17 18:37:22 ] Gaven Darklighter > probably ex-lovers
 [ 2011.05.17 18:37:36 ] Scaeva > I think its more of a case of who wants to be big spoon
 [ 2011.05.17 18:37:38 ] Gaven Darklighter > you don't get this amount of cattiness otherwise
 [ 2011.05.17 18:37:39 ] Bacchanalian > Did he just call me Revan?
 [ 2011.05.17 18:37:44 ] Bacchanalian > I think he just called me Revan.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:38:37 ] Sable Schroedinger > if the glove fits ;)
 [ 2011.05.17 18:38:48 ] Jade Constantine > I think it was some kind of jilted lover thing yes
 [ 2011.05.17 18:39:11 ] Gaven Darklighter > well you were half the party so do tell
 [ 2011.05.17 18:39:22 ] Gaven Darklighter > nothing better than romance in Eve
 [ 2011.05.17 18:40:38 ] Jade Constantine > its an old story but a fairly common one amongst revolutionaries
 [ 2011.05.17 18:40:58 ] Jade Constantine > comrades at arms fight the tyrants and win some victories
 [ 2011.05.17 18:41:09 ] Jade Constantine > but then fall out about methods and targets and such
 [ 2011.05.17 18:41:26 ] Jade Constantine > and end up hating each other worse than they ever hated the imperialist tyrants they once opposed
 [ 2011.05.17 18:41:54 ] Jade Constantine > because revolutionaries need hierarchist targets to shoot their bullets at
 [ 2011.05.17 18:42:14 ] Jade Constantine > but they hate ex comrades and splitters and those who refuse to die even more
 [ 2011.05.17 18:42:50 ] Jade Constantine > we could probably write a soft rock ballad or get leonard cohen to do a song about it :)
 [ 2011.05.17 18:47:56 ] Bacchanalian > You okay Jade?  You've been quiet for an awfully long time, I'm worried.
 [ 2011.05.17 18:48:14 ] Jade Constantine > you must be going deaf
 [ 2011.05.17 18:49:18 ] Scaeva > more like blind at having to read your drivel
 [ 2011.05.17 18:51:09 ] Jade Constantine > you don't sound that happy
 [ 2011.05.17 19:11:48 ] Kokochu Korguz > Honeychild, we are all sorts of shades of happy!
 [ 2011.05.17 19:12:36 ] Kokochu Korguz > It's like a total happiness overload up in here.
 [ 2011.05.17 19:24:33 ] LeoniaTavira > nice bounty  Jasmine Constantine did you have to put that on yourself?
 [ 2011.05.17 19:26:14 ] Jasmine Constantine > if I wanted a dogs opinion I'd visit the pound

A quick count shows 136 instances of 'Jade Constantine' speaking in local. At the risk of being labeled 'unconstructive', you really do have some nerve to come around and complain of smacktalk.

edited to add: Yes, I smack talked. And I was proud of it. Usagi's a dick. I'm not in VETO though.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 08:29 by Usagi Tsukino »

Stimulus :: Multispectacular
<3 Gurista raised, Caldari Navy trained, Bacchanalian alt. <3
Chaotic Dreams | An IC Blog Experiment

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

As for why Jade was banned, I can't say if what I was told by Ashar at the time was the real reason or not, but it was to keep the peace of the channel. History had shown that Jade in that channel was a recipe for humongous arguments and IC/OoC crossovers that happened out of the blue and with no warning, which in turn spawned even more arguments. I've locked horns with Jade in those channels myself and was partly to blame for a few of them, but they apparently had a tendency to happen whether or not I was there.

I don't know if this was the real reason, but that is the reason I was given when I asked.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette

A quick count shows 136 instances of 'Jade Constantine' speaking in local. At the risk of being labeled 'unconstructive', you really do have some nerve to come around and complain of smacktalk. edited to add: Yes, I smack talked. And I was proud of it. Usagi's a dick. I'm not in VETO though.

There is a world of difference between lowbrow ooc insults/ascii penis posting/4chan grotesqueries AND credible in-character local debate. In the "136" instances of Jade speaking in local there you will be hard pressed to find a single thing she said that was not entirely in character and appropriate to the situation at hand (which is propagandizing Rote/Veto support of Moira in hand-holding the tower repping)

(well aside from the Leonard Cohen reference but I put that in purely to make Atandros smile)

You can certainly argue that your roleplay is "being a dick" but isn't that exactly the kind of thing we're all beginning to agree shouldn't be the rationalization here?

I really see no reason why interactions in local chat cannot be even-tempered and professional. Which was precisely what I was asking for.

I am not asking for silence or people to behave like nuns. I'm asking for discussion to be kept in-character and not slip into thinly disguised ooc personality assassination for the purposes of ruining the atmosphere and enjoyment of all.

We are fighting a war that everybody wants to fight and in-character propaganda is expected and part and parcel of the interaction.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 08:54 by Jade Constantine »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Oh, it works fine. I do it all the time. If you don't want to get things fired up into smack, I recommend not going "You are the tyrant" and "If I wanted a dog's opinion I'd ask " and so on. Jade debating something IC is kind of like an omnidirectional rasp. No matter which way you rub someone, you're drawing blood intentionally, and when the sharks get a whiff of that... Well, what are you expecting?

I've had a lot of very nice conversations with wartargets these days, and anyone who knows Miz should know that 'very nice' isn't part of her repertoire. It's quite doable to avoid these ridiculous local logs, you just have to know when to shut up or when to give which responses.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5