Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Storyline / Live events snippets  (Read 2865 times)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Storyline / Live events snippets
« on: 15 Jul 2012, 19:41 »

CCP Delegate Zero was on the commentary panel between matches in the most recent day of the Alliance Tournament. He got to talk about the current situation with the live events team.

It's quite general: I'd call it a declaration of hope more than a statement of plans. Good to know where things are at, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgIUQ4Z8IDg

2:48 - start of CCP Delegate Zero's section about live events
4:75 - hoping to close Minmatar Tribal Assembly storyline hanging plot loop (yay!) with a live event (hmm...).
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2012, 19:44 by Matariki Rain »

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
Re: Storyline / Live events snippets
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2012, 19:44 »

Yeah, Delegate Zero is a pro. If he's taking charge on the live events stuff, they're in good hands.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2012, 20:05 »

I have a lot of time for him in his various incarnations.

The key term for me, though, is "volunteer".

The storyline team is, I believe, still two people: CCP Abraxas and CCP Gnauton. There are people in non-storyline roles at CCP, including some GMs and CCP Delegate Zero, who'd like to advance the storyline and live events and are trying to wrangle things to help.

That's a tricky and potentially messy situation. It might be enough to un-stick some of the things that are stuck, but it's dependent on personal enthusiasms and energy, and can lead to work being not well supported or followed through.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2012, 20:28 »

Did CCP Goliath hand off the Live Events management? I was under the impression he was the new head honcho.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2012, 20:53 »

My impression was that he was paid and performance-managed for QA, and that he'd also moonlighted in CCP-wrangling for the dev caravans.

Quote from: CCP_Goliath's Twitter feed, 30 May 2012
In the only series of live events that I've been responsible for so far, we ran one for each "prime time" timezone! ‪

Again, a workplace can be extremely cool where the staff know and own the product and develop projects which support its overall direction. It can also be lurchy and fragmented if they're pulling in different directions.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2012, 20:58 »

Seismic Stan's summary of the roundtable on "The Future of Live Events" at this year's FanFest: http://eve-search.com/thread/110151-1/author/Seismic%20Stan

CCP Goliath explained that the Live Events team comprised individuals from other disciplines who got together on an ad-hoc basis. It was CCP Goliath who was behind the organisation of the CCP Christmas caravan events.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2012, 03:06 »

Nice... but call me when we get out of the talking stage and get to actual action stage.

3 months+ since this announcement and I expect at least half a year before anything is happening at all.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2012, 19:05 »

Nice to see that the only way that plot will matter is if dedicated people do it under the table.

Speaks volumes for WoD's chances.  :bash:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2012, 04:16 »

What is the CCP Christmas caravan event ?

Odelya

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2012, 04:21 »

For the next CSM election there should be a candidate making the development of meaningful storyline events a main point on his/her agenda. Maybe we should talk about it.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2012, 04:26 by Odelya »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jul 2012, 06:53 »

If I could afford the trips out there, I'd be running on such a platform myself. >_>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #11 on: 20 Jul 2012, 07:21 »

That was when there was a bunch of CCP staff in ships loaded with stuff, iirc, including NeX items, enormous quantities of faction ammo (i think there was 1 ship with more Domination EMP L than existed on all markets across the entire cluster, it all blew up though), and other such things.
\o/

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #12 on: 20 Jul 2012, 08:23 »

If I could afford the trips out there, I'd be running on such a platform myself. >_>

You fly out and stay on CCP's dime.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #13 on: 20 Jul 2012, 08:29 »

Sure, but you need the vacation time available.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jul 2012, 08:47 »

That was when there was a bunch of CCP staff in ships loaded with stuff, iirc, including NeX items, enormous quantities of faction ammo (i think there was 1 ship with more Domination EMP L than existed on all markets across the entire cluster, it all blew up though), and other such things.

Ah yes, that huge flying pinatas caravan that were handled freely to all nullsec alliances to make them happy and even fatter than they already are. I remember.

And that was the same people that made the other live events ?
Pages: [1] 2