Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Author Topic: [News] Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis  (Read 951 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

Check it out here: Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis

Interesting that it touches on some info about Thukker beliefs, like the Voluval taking place in space.

What do you guys think?

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: [News] Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2010, 20:48 »

I like it for a lot of reasons.  I think the storyline about the tension between tradition Minmatar tribal beliefs against the pressures of a changing society is a good one, and one I know a lot Minmatar RPers focus on.  Also, lots and lots of people like the Thukkers, so its good to see more about them.

Personally, I'm just happy to get a PF name of a city on Rens.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2010, 09:18 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
Re: [News] Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2010, 05:16 »

I loved the newspiece. Lots of tantalizing hints about Minmatar society in general and Thukkers in particular.

Interesting to see that inter-tribal adoptions can be considered, and that such are seen as an extreme measure. Validates a lot of assumptions, there. :)