Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The last time someone attacked the Jovians, it was the Amarr, at Vak'atioth, and the Amarr fleet was crushed?

Author Topic: Commentary issue  (Read 968 times)

Koronakesh

Commentary issue
« on: 30 Aug 2010, 13:17 »

Specifically.

There's no response to a flame. Andreus' statement is simply being held as a characteristic example.

Quote from: Silver Night
Reposting a flame and saying 'I'm going to ignore this flame' is not ignoring it.

I don't appreciate the condescending paraphrasing here.

Speaks for 'most'

Where'd you pull that out of?

Suggests that Eve players don't have 'sense and decency'

No 'suggestion' about it. It's a plain display of a lack of decency by anyone privy to the mail that went around and didn't forward it to any of the pertinent SF members in spite if it displaying a blatant violation of our stated alliance policy.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Commentary issue
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2010, 13:33 »

Specifically.

There's no response to a flame. Andreus' statement is simply being held as a characteristic example.

Reposting a flame and saying 'I'm going to ignore this flame' is not ignoring it.

I don't appreciate the condescending paraphrasing here.

I was paraphrasing to make it clear that in a general case, as well as in this specific case, it wouldn't be acceptable. I've seen similar things happen before other places, because saying 'I'm just going to ignore this' is a common reaction to flames, but is not, as I said there, actually ignoring it. It also isn't helpful or productive, which is why it was a basis for moderation. I'm not sure it what way it is condescending, but I apologize if it reads that way to you.

Speaks for 'most'

Where'd you pull that out of?

The first portion of your post.

Suggests that Eve players don't have 'sense and decency'

No 'suggestion' about it. It's a plain display of a lack of decency by anyone privy to the mail that went around and didn't forward it to any of the pertinent SF members in spite if it displaying a blatant violation of our stated alliance policy.
[/quote]

Which is why I specifically said that if you would like to request that in the future people pass on the relevant piece of info to someone in SF, thats just fine, even though it wouldn't be on-topic for the thread.

Saying that Eve players lack sense and decency is inflammatory and unhelpful, even if it is your opinion.