Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: The dreaded IC/OoC divide, and in-game actions.  (Read 4268 times)

Koronakesh

and it should be amply clear, OOC, that this is nothing to do with the Star Fraction.

Cosmo

Too bad most aren't going to agree with this, but oh well. We'll just shrug off things like
Quote from: Andreus Ixiris
Is succeeding in subterfuge also against SF policy?
as the meaningless barbs they are and move along.

It's just disappointingly poor form that someone would spread this information around to various other people and no one feels the need to inform our people that our alliance policies are being violated by members.

3 years in and I still expect some measure of common sense and decency from EVE players. Makes me wonder sometimes if there's something wrong with me instead.   :cry:

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: The dreaded IC/OoC divide, and in-game actions.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2010, 12:37 »

[admin]
  • Responding to flames from another site is still responding to flames
  • Speaks for 'most'
  • Suggests that Eve players don't have 'sense and decency'
Please review the FAQ and Rules if something is unclear. If you would like to rework your post (for example requesting that members report when someone is breaking the rules rather than going to IGS with it) please feel free.[/admin]

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2010, 15:38 »

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1376236&page=2

Suck on that you fucking cuntwads. It seems as though CCP sided with me. There is your answer to this little debate

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2010, 15:41 »

[mod]Inflammatory language and name-calling. Don't do it.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2010, 23:38 »

I don't believe its a discussion that can be had under the backstage forum rules but I would encourage people interested in just how far the IC/OOC divide can be stretched to come and get involved in the Chatsubo topic I just posted in regard to something I saw earlier today.

http://www.eve-chatsubo.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5628&start=0

Obviously do not discuss this topic on Backstage. My link is so people can talk about the issue on the appropriate forum.

:lol:

Listen Jade, I'm not going to pretend having a civil discourse with you because that's useless.

Right now you're being fed your own medicine and you don't like it - maybe that should motivate you to think about your own approach - then again, you don't seem to be too much of a fan of Kant, so why do we all bother, really.   :)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2010, 23:52 »

[mod]If you can't have civil discourse, this isn't the venue for you to communicate through.[/mod]

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2010, 07:17 »

I'm putting up the same thing here I put in the other thread:

If you can't address this issue here and stay in the guidelines, don't address it at all. Further moderator action here has a very good chance of resulting in warnings.

Just to clarify. I knew that discussion of this issue would be impossible within backstage guidelines - I was trying to respect your rules here by pointing to a venue where it could be logically and openly discussed. Is it actually against the backstage rules to suggest that the users of this forum could use another venue to talk about something important to our interests as a community and thus saving the moderation team here the necessity of unneccessary work?

Speaking personally, I've found that the level of moderation here leads to a higher standard of debate than I observed at the Chatsubo back when I still visited there.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #7 on: 02 Sep 2010, 11:30 »

this comment was removed from a post

Speaking personally, I've found that the level of moderation here leads to a higher standard of debate than I observed at the Chatsubo back when I still visited there.
This statement has no valid relationship to the discussion.
\o/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 02 Sep 2010, 11:34 »

Chatsubo and Backstage are different.

claiming one is better than another, is not constructive.
\o/

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #9 on: 06 Sep 2010, 11:54 »

Once you know Rosalund Shaw is a Jade alt, you simply cannot look at her anymore without bias. That means that if you want to keep your alt and connection secret as a player, you should take every effort to avoid having OOC about. Even if I wouldn't use a connection like an image on the same private server as IC evidence, realizing that is the image is on the same server OOC would still spoil my IC interaction with the character.

Underlined emphasis mine.

What you might consider Merdaneth is that I (as a player) literally have no interest in continued interaction with you IC. I think I've made it clear on Chatsubo that I consider your playstyle in Eve to be incompatible with mine. And like Cosmo has, I've indicated to you I have no interest in getting involved with your roleplay on IGS.

I didn't use my alt to satirize your posting to signal a desire to interact with you. I used my alt because I don't want to diminish my roleplay fun and primary identity by substantively responding to material that I as a player don't like or value (or even consider that IC). I wanted to show you how I felt about your "satire" depicting my character covered with shit. But I wasn't prepared to tarnish my characterization of Jade to do it.

If you knowing that Rosalund is my alt disuades you from wanting to interact with her IC thats probably a good thing from my perspective.

I wonder also, can you tell me some ways that I can further convince you not to interact with Jade either?

Because I will tell you clearly right now that I as a player of this game consider your forum posting against Jade, Cosmo, SF, any other SF member to be detrimental to our enjoyment of the game and an entirely negative and OOG motivated experience. (OOG in this case because there can be no IC in-game impact).

I don't like you posting on our threads. I think it brings down the mood and style of discussion. I think any interaction you and I had was played out and became boring 3-4 years ago. I urge you to do something new and I offer you a bargain right now with Backstage here as a witness.

Do your own thing. Post your own threads. Do not post in ours and I won't post in yours (and will do my best to persuade other SF pilots to ignore you also). Lets ignore each other because nothing good can come of you continuing to chase the targets you've current chosen in the forum crosshairs and you run the risk of becoming a stalking horse for other players with darker motives.

I believe in live and let live, and I genuinely hope you find a way to enjoy this game and find a roleplay partner who welcomes your attentions and involvement.

I am not that person.

So I hope it now intrudes into your OOC sensibility that any time you post on my threads, name my character, or otherwise attempt to interact with me on the forums it is not something I take as roleplay - I consider it annoying harrassment and stalking and it damages my enjoyment of the game.
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2010, 11:57 by Jade Constantine »

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 06 Sep 2010, 12:52 »

Not going to comment on the rest of this thread, because just, wow.

Jade, I think what you are asking of Merdaneth is absurd.  Asking an Amarrian loyalist to remain silent about SF, and vice versa, SF pledging to remain silent about an Amarrian loyalist makes no sense whatsoever.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 06 Sep 2010, 12:57 »

Paging a moderator.

Jade, I don't think your reply concerns the subject of the thread and while I have no problem with the way your bring your argument, I think debating this is better suited for the moderation rules of Chatsubo than here.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #12 on: 06 Sep 2010, 13:08 »

Not going to comment on the rest of this thread, because just, wow.

Jade, I think what you are asking of Merdaneth is absurd.  Asking an Amarrian loyalist to remain silent about SF, and vice versa, SF pledging to remain silent about an Amarrian loyalist makes no sense whatsoever.

When RP is contaminated by bad OOC feelings it simply doesn't hold any value. While eve is a non consensual game in the ooc field (caod, trolling, scamming etc) I'd have thought that roleplayers would be able to agree to simply ignore each other when the interaction has been bringing no enjoyment to those involved.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #13 on: 06 Sep 2010, 13:26 »

[mod]Off-topic removed. I would like to remind people that if you believe something is off-topic, report it. Don't respond. Responding to an off topic post can itself be a breach of the guidelines.[/mod]

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 06 Sep 2010, 13:28 »

That's the rub, there's more than just Jade and Merd involved.  Now if there was some torrid, behind closed doors affair going on that went sour, another situation entirely.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"
Pages: [1] 2