Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that "Operation Trinity Vanguard" was the code name for the defense of the Incursions in Anyed, Antem and Imya. The Anti-Incursion fleets contisted over 800 pilots from CVA, KotMC, Moira., Star Fraction, FCORD, SYNE Coalition and countless other corps and alliances.

Author Topic: Arvo's Conclusions On The Jove.  (Read 1050 times)

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
Arvo's Conclusions On The Jove.
« on: 20 Aug 2010, 23:48 »

I thought to post mention of it here, of Arvo's documents that he presented on the IGS (for those who don't frequent that forum for understandable reasons).

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1369438

I created it in such a way it begins and ends on the IGS, with the middle parts presented on EVE Fiction... so the IGS can provide the IC comments, and Fiction the OOC ones. Some answers to the mystery can easily be said OOC, but is harder to convince IC'ly, but may still be possible for all other surrounding evidence.

As when I initially brought this up in the chance of fighting of the Jove, I gotten a couple OOC reponses of 'CCP wouldn't let it happen'? How do we know that, without trying?

If you want my own rationale in how the live events are flowing, consider this: Currently most capsuleers are depicted in the chrons, the novel, and so on as uncaring, apathetic, and cruel god-like beings. CCP rationalizes everything we do, down to our very internet behavior, as common to how a capsuleer is supposed to act. Most keep inside the confines of the pod the entire time with the exception of some of the more self-aware ones (read: us roleplayers), who do from time to time.

Then in stark constract, we have Incarna on the horizon. The average capsuleer is now experiancing life outside the pod for a change. They are interacting face-to-face with others in person, than as holographic representations of themselves in a channel. Setting up physical bars (even though there are a couple channels already playing that out) or other facilities in station. This is a drastic change.

There has to be an equal reason for such a change. I believe the events we are witnessing right now, and what Nation is attempting to do, is the catalyst. The points I bring forth in my thread are likely not 100% correct as I'm drawing conclusions from points of direct and indirect evidence. But its very apparent there is an invisible hand desiring conflict, and multiple ways of proving that the capsuleer is a lab experiment. ;)

I made the thread anticipating Arvo being ripped to shreds by an angry mob by what he is proposing, but he made it regardless to provoke thought and comments. I'm curious what everyone's reactions are to it.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2010, 23:56 by Arvo Katsuya »

Graanvlokkie

Re: Arvo's Conclusions On The Jove.
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2010, 02:56 »

I do believe that this is the first IGS post that I have actually bookmarked.

Thank you.

Edit: The OOC sources and information in the related linked thread was a good idea and is well researched and compiled. From the IGS post, is it safe to assume that the linked blog is all IC information?
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2010, 03:00 by Graanvlokkie »

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2010, 06:53 »

The typos make me grind my teeth, otherwise a good collation that has been done several times before.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2010, 11:23 »

Graan, yeah... the blog is IC knowledge now, since I made it public to everyone (where as before, every entry had a numerical security level which would determine wheter it is IC knowledge to a person or not by relation to him). All of the ones that were Sansha related prior to me posting, were password encrypted to podlogs, so it couldn't even be metagamed.

From his perspective, he figured he would let people see the thought process he had of Nation from the moment he decided to start one. Was a fun ride. :)

Typos, Lallara? Hmm... I'll try looking over it again.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2010, 11:25 by Arvo Katsuya »