Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The State and sexuality  (Read 18376 times)

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
Re: The State and sexuality
« Reply #90 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:09 »

Errgh.
I believe we could expect the same degree of "education" about sexuality in the State.
(Probably there should be proper instructions about "what to do and how", that corporate marriage system would provide to young peoples right before the wedding  :oops:)

I think hard science is too important in the State for this sort of thing.    Manual labor by a human is inefficient, and that's what robots are for.   A human's value is his or her mind.   State citizens are expected bring value to the nation as engineers, scientist etc.   I think it would be hard for that sort of ignorance to thrive when a working knowledge of differential calculus is the standard.

Even the soldiers are probably relatively savvy in a technical field.
You are RPing wrong.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #91 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:13 »

I'll admit to great amusement at being named an SJW. If they had a church, I'd likely catch fire entering it. Either way, no one is trying to silence anyone. All I want is for a mod to look this thread over to see if it's still within the bounds of this place, no more no less.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #92 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:18 »

I'll admit to great amusement at being named an SJW. If they had a church, I'd likely catch fire entering it.

I beg your pardon then.   I still believe the discussion of RL politics is valid here.   Jikahr's funhouse mirror analogy is a good one and especially true with the topic at hand.  Two people maturely discussing how different personal beliefs affect our views on same bit of information is a far cry from 'going to far.'
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014, 08:36 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #93 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:38 »

Well it sure has derailed. Maybe a thread split could be requested.

All I want is for a mod to look this thread over to see if it's still within the bounds of this place, no more no less.

Uh-huh.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014, 08:43 by Lyn Farel »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #94 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:40 »

It has nothing to do with your strawman argument that claims I am making an unspoken assumption that a certain real life ideology is the correct one. If it is an unspoken assumption, then how do you know?

It's something I felt I picked up from the 'tone' and context.   Was I incorrect?
You are RPing wrong.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #95 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:43 »

Well it sure has derailed.

Intellectual discussions don't belong on rails.
You are RPing wrong.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #96 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:51 »

Pretty typical of social justice warriors to try to silence someone using the Socratic method to point out the truth.   Despite the fact that no one has been attacked or insulted, all parties have remained friendly and amicable and  I've made a logical argument for why my points are relevant to the original topic.

It does seem to have gone hilariously off the thread topic however.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #97 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:52 »

I hate everything that promotes liberalism myself so.. That's also why I believe that the USA are one of the biggest hidden threat to the planet, either environmentally or just "capitalistically" (who spends its time creating world economic crisises due to deregulated systems ?). vOv

I'm not sure I follow.   In the USA liberalism is associated with heavy regulation.   
You are RPing wrong.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #98 on: 20 Oct 2014, 10:23 »

How so?

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #99 on: 20 Oct 2014, 13:28 »

[admin]Original topic seems to have been exhausted.  Topic locked until someone has time to either separate Off-topic posts or determine that it should in fact simply remain locked.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]