Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ninja FW fixes by CCP  (Read 3177 times)

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
Re: Ninja FW fixes by CCP
« Reply #15 on: 05 Aug 2010, 08:53 »

Or maybe, just maybe; and I know this is going to be hard to grasp, they just missed it when making the patch notes.

This happens a lot. When you have a large team working on something, compiling the patch notes is not that simple. You have the notes of dozens of people, sometimes hundreds, that you have to merge into one, easy to read file; especially since the person compiling the patch notes isn't always one of the ones working on the patches themselves.

Shit gets missed.

It happens.

But hey, let's not bother to ponder such realities that happen everywhere, these were purposefully done Ninja edits at the expense of the player base. It obviously couldn't just be that the CCP team is huge and split over three facilities in three entirely different countries and stuff just kinda happens to fall aside sometimes.

Damnit! Stop making sense! We want/need our tinfoil hats!!!!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 05 Aug 2010, 09:15 »

Lillith, i'm happy to go with that, as i understand we are all humans.

My reaction is solely based out of the comment: "it suits our storyline" mentioned in a few posts above.

Otherwise i'll just treat it as one of countless fixes made that weren't documented. Nothing new in CCP's past behavior.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 05 Aug 2010, 09:52 »

Yar, I just get a bit frustrated seeing people howl about ninja-fixes. I've watched numerous companies have to explain that they don't ninja-fix stuff, but sometimes they miss notes when trying to compile it, because it's usually the lead designer (whose primary job in most cases is a pissload of paperwork and meetings) that has to compile it, and quite often he doesn't have complete notes, or he misses something in someone's notes, etc.

I've seen so many places that go the other direction, too, and end up mentioning a patch change two or three times in the same set of patch notes, which is something CCP has done a few times. Comes from the same thing, when compiling the notes, you have a huge pile of paperwork and data that you have to translate into something readable from the end user perspective, and it gets really messy.
Pages: 1 [2]