Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Author Topic: Faction warfare statistics?  (Read 2459 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Faction warfare statistics?
« on: 17 Jul 2010, 09:22 »

I made a topic a while back here: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=730.0

The Top 10 pilots and things for the FW corps was interesting, I thought.

So, today I ran across this thing here: http://api.eve-online.com/eve/FacWarTopStats.xml.aspx

which seems to have all the information the old FW stats site had.

So, is it possible to host a thing here on backstage, which would extract and show that information, and run automated?

Would that be a good idea? Would it make bandwidth useage of backstage go up too much?
\o/

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Faction warfare statistics?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2010, 15:00 »

Hrm.  Well, as I understand it, that all runs via API, which only accepts hits once per hour, so that part wouldn't be extreme in terms of bandwidth... becomes a question of how many folks would actually use it.  If high enough traffic were anticipated, it could be put together with few enough/small enough images involved so as to minimize bandwidth per unique visitor and help ensure it continued to run smoothly.

The problem: putting together a web tool using the API is beyond my scope... I tried to make a little page to auto-update standings changes from my corp using Havo's CEO api and I could never get it working.

If someone volunteers to put it together for us, I'll add a subdomain to eve-inspiracy (something like facwar.eve-inspiracy or fwstats.eve-inspiracy, etc.)

One question, though, is does that part of the EVE API still work at all, or is that the reason that site's broken to begin with?  I have no idea... if that part of the API still works and someone's able to put it together, I'll happily add it to eve-inspiracy.com though!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2010, 06:51 »

That API page does indeed still work, and is kept up-to-date. You'd get quite the bit more traffic than you would think.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2010, 14:34 »

I assume that the ISD site was made so that it updates, as a timed task, once a day. The page would then use the DB. What happened is that when the server was cracked into, a new clean install did have the backed up DBs and pages, but did not have the task that would have updated the DB used by the page.

Also, it has some bugs, for example not counting captured systems system-per-system, but instead doing a differential, which had a bug.

The VPs and kills were correct all the time, since those are directly from the API. (I assume that the occupation data is another API. Dotlan and Verite Rendition count those correctly.)

Aurora Morgan

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2010, 11:55 »

I could write it, but could someone please do the design in that case?

Ps. I also think this is my first post.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2010, 13:19 »

The forum thinks so too!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2010, 22:25 »

I could write it, but could someone please do the design in that case?

Ps. I also think this is my first post.

Nice first post.  If you give me something to wrap a css around, I can probably do that much.  I just can't write the php and stuff from scratch =/

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Aurora Morgan

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2010, 04:53 »

Anyone knows when FW started?

I would need it to calculate some of the averages.

Zag

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2010, 09:38 »

June 11, 2008 from memory

Aurora Morgan

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2010, 04:54 »

June 11, 2008 from memory

A few days here and there won't matter much in the long run anyhow, I have something running, but I need a few days of statistics before I'll have something to show.