Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That cleaner bombs can remove small messes, including lingering aromas?(The Burning Life p 33)

Author Topic: Re: OOC Discord Server  (Read 3052 times)

Tressith_Sefira

Re: OOC Discord Server
« on: 19 Feb 2019, 07:01 »

If you join this discord, you are putting yourself at risk. Member(s) of the moderation team associate with and may have helped individuals collect and release information about someone in real life, including real life name and location. Please be careful.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Re: OOC Discord Server
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2019, 08:34 »

Um... What? That is a pretty serious accusation and not one I've heard anything about before.

Care to send me a message explaining that?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2019, 08:40 »

Wait, whaaaaat?

As Kala said. Please do get in touch. Doxxing is a serious breach of trust at the very least.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2019, 09:11 »

Well, there is the #irl channel...
-OOChé

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2019, 09:32 »

I should add:

Even as a moderator on the server, none of us can see the slightest bit of information on individual users. As such, being on the server cannot, on a structural basis, expose yourself to doxxing.

That said, Tressith, please do get in touch. If a moderator had active involvement in doxxing, then that'd be a rather serious mark against them. I've checked with Aradina, and she'll absolutely take steps if we have proof of malfeasance. Please understand, though, that at present this is a bit vague, and we've nothing to go off of for investigating and taking action.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2019, 14:44 »

What nebulous, unsubstantiated, well-poisoning, false-flag bullshit is this?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2019, 14:48 »

* copies link before thread is torpedo'd into oblivion *

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2019, 15:02 »

Kasuko; whatever any one of us thinks, let's avoid potentially aggravating or insulting statements until we find out more. I'm actively trying to at the moment.

Julianni Avala

• The Mods
  • Egger
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2019, 15:35 »

Should further posts be made that are inflammatory, I have been notified to temporarily lock the thread until another moderator can handle it who's not directly involved with the accusation.

This is very much a frustrating situation to the people involved. Please keep your posts civil and remember the rules.

Thank you.
Blog
*Recently updated 3-02-2019*

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: OOC Discord Server
« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2019, 21:46 »

[admin]Having owned two Discord servers previously (one for a corp, one for an alliance), I am well aware that the server owner and moderation staff do not have any more dangerous access to your personal information than I do here as an admin on the forum.  Discord as a software platform has done just about everything one can do to ensure the security of a software that enables VOIP communication.  If you believe that someone on the OOC Discord staff has found a way to exploit a vulnerability in the app's security features, address those concerns at the link below, not on Backstage@EVE-Inspiracy.com
https://discordapp.com/security[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.