Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Khanid Kingdom and Blooders and controversy, oh my!  (Read 20740 times)

Ferra Orta

• Clonejack
Re: Khanid Kingdom and Blooders and controversy, oh my!
« Reply #105 on: 05 Nov 2018, 10:55 »

https://imgur.com/a/IVAd2M4

Some screens of the massacre today if folks like good 'splosions.
Well at least my stupid attempt to destroy Lord Speaker by getting CONCORDed gave a pretty awesome screenshot.

I particularly liked that moment! Honestly I was just gutted we didn't have another couple of Khans or Militia in system/nearby or we could have saved the second load of freighters properly. :(
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2018, 11:04 by Ferra Orta »
"RPing on EvE is like LARPing in a minefield."

Nissui

« Reply #106 on: 05 Nov 2018, 14:48 »

Congrats to Teinyhr on getting the DED killmail! A nifty feather for your cap. If -10 Sec is in the cards for U'K et cie, it's certainly well earned.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #107 on: 05 Nov 2018, 15:15 »

Congrats to Teinyhr on getting the DED killmail! A nifty feather for your cap. If -10 Sec is in the cards for U'K et cie, it's certainly well earned.

Yeah, wondering if there will be repercussions for that. By all accounts there should be for shooting the popo.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #108 on: 05 Nov 2018, 15:44 »

[21:16:51] Elsebeth Rhiannon > Kala, you freaking race-traitor bastard of a collaborator

Day made tbh.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #109 on: 05 Nov 2018, 16:22 »

Sounds like good times had by all!

Ferra Orta

• Clonejack
« Reply #110 on: 05 Nov 2018, 16:25 »

Big thanks to everyone who came! Had an absolute blast. Apologies for my angst in the run up to the event, ultimately it went really well and we all had a lot of fun.

BR: https://br.inyour.space/?s=3873&b=8334420&e=90&t=uveurf
Screenshots I took: https://imgur.com/a/KYjty3c
"RPing on EvE is like LARPing in a minefield."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #111 on: 05 Nov 2018, 19:02 »

Would someone be kind enough to let us lame non-subbers know what happened? Also is that my most favorite Khanid Navy Commodore Arraz Nomarya in an Aeon on the BR? Do tell!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #112 on: 05 Nov 2018, 19:05 »

Also congrats certainly due for getting a bunch of people out to shoot each other and what looks like some actor involvement as well! Well done

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #114 on: 05 Nov 2018, 20:23 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3njTflGMuo

What is that?! Is that player-created? Or the new SCOPE? 

If that's made by players I really want to give them some kudos, what a wonderful, fantastic thing.  We used to feel really good about ourselves if we could barely photoshop a single still image of a newscast, this is just really, really nice work.  Also I guess they upgraded the graphics of the game? Those missiles and pew pew looked much more dynamic. Neato!

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #115 on: 05 Nov 2018, 20:26 »

Yep! That's player-done. :D We've honestly had the stars align over here. Between Jaret Victorian's production work, Cyrillian Voth's and Elinari Rhodan's voice acting and sound work, and camera work from Nomistrav, it's a really amazing thing that's come together.

Today's episode was by a smaller crew, Jaret Victorian on camera and production, and Cyrillian Voth alone on voice and sound, with yours truly doing scripting and a half-dozen people making my bashing-at-a-keyboard something actually usable as a production.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #116 on: 05 Nov 2018, 20:26 »

Also looks like UK came out in force and if not for the RKN supercap overkill probably would have held the field from other players?  Well done to them, too.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #117 on: 05 Nov 2018, 20:28 »

Yep! That's player-done. :D We've honestly had the stars align over here. Between Jaret Victorian's production work, Cyrillian Voth's and Elinari Rhodan's voice acting and sound work, and camera work from Nomistrav, it's a really amazing thing that's come together.

Today's episode was by a smaller crew, Jaret Victorian on camera and production, and Cyrillian Voth alone on voice and sound, with yours truly doing scripting and a half-dozen people making my bashing-at-a-keyboard something actually usable as a production.

Not to blow too much smoke up your asses, but that's really just great work, all around. 

It takes.... so much time and effort and just willpower to get that kind of thing done for this kind of nerd stuff and it's really nice to see it turn out well.

I hope the players shower you with plex and shinies for spending time on that stuff. Nice work!

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #118 on: 05 Nov 2018, 20:34 »

Eh, praise is enough. I've relayed your compliments to the crew. :3

That said, re: the event, honestly the Aeon is about the right scale. Properly, CCP would need to be able to spawn fleets that do the pew as NPCs to do something 'realistic,' so the 'fully armed and operational battlestation supercarrier' angle was about on the mark. After all, as folks indicated here, Capsuleers landing troops en mass is a bit outside the scope of what can really be made to work. But with seventy in local in the arse end of Khanid space, and multiple fleets in field, it worked.

As it stands, the Aeon destroyed the freighter, but the Matari cleared the Amarr and the Aeon withdrew from the field.

The only thing that would've been better is if the Aeon would've been a viable target, because it would've been so bloody delicious if MinMil would've gotten a supercap kill.

Still, given the limitations CCP has, this was a damned good event and props to all that made it happen. :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #119 on: 05 Nov 2018, 20:49 »

Eh, praise is enough. I've relayed your compliments to the crew. :3

That said, re: the event, honestly the Aeon is about the right scale. Properly, CCP would need to be able to spawn fleets that do the pew as NPCs to do something 'realistic,' so the 'fully armed and operational battlestation supercarrier' angle was about on the mark. After all, as folks indicated here, Capsuleers landing troops en mass is a bit outside the scope of what can really be made to work. But with seventy in local in the arse end of Khanid space, and multiple fleets in field, it worked.

As it stands, the Aeon destroyed the freighter, but the Matari cleared the Amarr and the Aeon withdrew from the field.

The only thing that would've been better is if the Aeon would've been a viable target, because it would've been so bloody delicious if MinMil would've gotten a supercap kill.

Still, given the limitations CCP has, this was a damned good event and props to all that made it happen. :D

Point of confusion here, are they not letting the dev actors have access to the spawn tools like during the Incursion arcs? I really don't know how it works under the hood if it's just the actor jumping in a pre-spawned Aeon or if they can bring in more ships?

For 'lore' reasons I think the Freighter had to die no matter what, but I like UK could hold the field and beat up on the Amarr because they brought more to the fight.  That looked like a good sized op turnout from UK.

If I were scripting the event I would have had no RKN there at all to start, just let the capsuleer proxies fight it out.  If it were any other scenario the freighter wins and they accomplish their mission, but in this particular lore case I think they have the fight with PIE and friends, and then RKN has to show up, maybe give them a chance to leave so they don't lose ships they don't want to, and then pew pew time.

Now, then again, I would totally run this arc into a larger 'escalation' scenario to give some other loyalists things to do.  Say the RKN spawns its ships to kill UK after they hold the field.  RKN starts blapping UK ships.

That is precisely the time for some over-eager Federation or Republic forces to ninja their way into the system and start an actual shooting conflict with the Kingdom to try and rescue civilians.  It's just far enough removed from Empire proper that it wouldn't be an actual larger war, so many opportunities for politicking from the other factions.  You can play it so many different ways, a limited incursion to rescue civilians and then ninja out, or they all get blapped when the rescue goes south and then the Kingdom is howling for war and the Empire has to be realistic and cool it down, lots of fun splinters of plot there.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10