Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Author Topic: Catching Up  (Read 3154 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Catching Up
« on: 11 Aug 2018, 19:04 »

Hello.

I am returning to EVE. Has the official news posts improved over the last few years? If not, I am looking for suggestions regarding resources to educate myself as to what has happened in recent years.

Regards,
Jace

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Catching Up
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2018, 22:19 »

Hey Jace! Good to see you.

Uh... a lot has happened. Not entirely sure where to start.

Nissui

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2018, 23:19 »

IMO we are more or less in the aftermath of the Lore-pocalypse. CCP hemorrhaged almost all community team members along with a bunch of other senior devs. I think it's just Falcon now, with Affinity donating some time toward the ISD folks when and where possible. In-game news now relies in large part how many dollars the latest pointless nullsec battle was. So it goes.

Fanfest events have borne some fruit in the last couple years, with lots of player involvement. That's worth checking out.

We're in the autumn of the second-weakest lore/news year ever, and the weakest since Incarna. Bring plenty of water if you plan on walking this desert.

Also, welcome back.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2018, 23:29 »

CCP's lore team is part time in the form of CCP Delegate Zero, CCP Falcon, and CCP Affinity.

And no, in-game news isn't about the latest nullsec battles, it's generally about Drifter and Triglavian shit.

Nissui

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2018, 23:35 »

Triglavian

That's true, we did get a new 'precursor' faction, which goes back to the recent Fanfest news and player involvement.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2018, 07:42 »

Eve 2k18

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2018, 08:13 »

So, what was happening when you left?

In brief, there was a thing that happened with Kyonoke! Grrr Templis Dragonaur. And grr some-shady-intel-agency-we-never-cleared-up. And more Drifter/Sleeper stuff. And then the Triglavian Collective. In the meanwhile, the Amarr lost an empress and got a new one.

Also, feel free to check out the Discourse for random player-made in-world news. We try to step pretty carefully lore-wise, so I'm fairly sure it's mostly canon, or close enough that the difference can be handwaved. ;)

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2018, 17:26 »

Also, side note, why the hell is PLEX so cheap?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2018, 17:56 »

Lots of sales and discounts recently, plus veterans logging back in for the big war dumping their stocks for a cash injection.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #9 on: 17 Aug 2018, 18:10 »

Plex and Aurum got merged. 500 is now what 1 was.

I exist sometimes.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 17 Aug 2018, 18:58 »

So, what was happening when you left?

In brief, there was a thing that happened with Kyonoke! Grrr Templis Dragonaur. And grr some-shady-intel-agency-we-never-cleared-up. And more Drifter/Sleeper stuff. And then the Triglavian Collective. In the meanwhile, the Amarr lost an empress and got a new one.

Also, feel free to check out the Discourse for random player-made in-world news. We try to step pretty carefully lore-wise, so I'm fairly sure it's mostly canon, or close enough that the difference can be handwaved. ;)

I've been gone three years. A cursory glance lets me know that I just need to buckle down and do a lot of reading. So that's the game plan.

Lots of sales and discounts recently, plus veterans logging back in for the big war dumping their stocks for a cash injection.

Sounds familiar in a sense. I was surprised to find that I did a decent job in picking the assets I thought would be stable or rise in value when I reverse liquefied before leaving.

Plex and Aurum got merged. 500 is now what 1 was.

Did they give a reasoning behind that? I assume it was to try to get people to use their PLEX in the shop rather than for subs.

Also, one other question, is there a reasonably up to date list of IC RP chats around like there used to be? Or have they all mostly died?

Edit: Also, has nobody created a Discord for EVE RP? Due to the dominance of that medium in recent years, I feel as if it could be a useful tool.

Further, a quick browse of the IGS and some other arenas shows me that some of the veterans are still at least minimally active. Do you congregate in-game somewhere OOC or IC? Or has it whittled down to contacts?
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2018, 20:37 by Jace »