Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 5665 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Cyberpunk 2077
« on: 13 Jun 2018, 13:49 »

These are the droids you are looking for.   I know this will be up many of your respective alleys of cyberpunk tabletop rpg noir.

Good lord this could be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/13/cyberpunk-2077-e3-gameplay-demo/

This makes me quite sad for what a dedicated studio working from an old tabletop IP can accomplish. COUGH COUGH WORLD OF DARKNESS. COUGH COUGH CCP FUMBLES.  COUGH COUGH EVE RPG like this would have been amazing.  Sigh.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2018, 13:55 »

Game Informer's article on the locked doors demo was more than sufficient for me to need a new pair of pants. This is what it looks like when a developer can work without publisher interference, and with a bit of respect for both the customers and their own craft and brand.

As for the trailer itself, so many things to deal with and unpack. That early bit as the train exits the tunnel and the music kicks in. Mmmmwah, fingerlickin' good. Girl applyin' make-up, then face reveal. Shivers down my spine. Proper cyberpunk aesthetic, without everything being dark and dreary noir? Fuck me sideways, yes please!

Aww man, now I got Eve dumps again. Where the fuck are all the cyberpunk clothes, hairstyles and aesthetics, CCP? JUST LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY! I HAVE IT RIGHT HERE, JUST LET ME BUY THIS STUFF!

Nissui

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2018, 14:28 »

Been hoping this would live up to the promise, so far so good. Customizable protag and sticks pretty close to the original vision. My only gripe with the trailer is that NC should appear way more polluted in daylight. Maybe that's just my aesthetic muddling my memory of the 2020 books.

This may end up being the last video game I buy, and it would be a great way to send off the hobby. Likely depends on how well my 2014 rig would run it. Look forward to hearing more as development gears up.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2018, 16:34 »

Aye I don't have any time for gaming these days but a slow burn single player game like this might be worth getting that new rig together....   

BTW I'm so, so glad I didn't get that PC built in time for STAR CITIZEN to launch like... 4 years ago. Still waiting :)

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2018, 21:47 »

That trailer is amazing. Want.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2018, 00:41 »

BTW I'm so, so glad I didn't get that PC built in time for STAR CITIZEN to launch like... 4 years ago. Still waiting :)

Easily solved. Perpetually upgrade to the bleeding edge.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2018, 02:33 »

This makes me quite sad for what a dedicated studio working from an old tabletop IP can accomplish. COUGH COUGH WORLD OF DARKNESS. COUGH COUGH CCP FUMBLES.  COUGH COUGH EVE RPG like this would have been amazing.  Sigh.

Hey, Paradox has World of Darkness now, and they've got plans.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2018, 06:42 »

I'm at least mildly interested.  CDPR is hit and miss for me, though.  Might not be fair to judge them on an old-ish game, but some of the stuff in the original Witcher left me shaking my head.  Still, the trailer was great visually but the implied story conveyed by the narration... meh.  Uninspiring.

Nissui

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2018, 07:34 »

Side note: Paradox have now agreed to buy HBS. Figure seems kind of lowball to me, but I'm sure there's  a reason.

So... maybe we will see Paradox put together a Shadowrun or Battletech game sometime in the future.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2018, 07:39 »

Side note: Paradox have now agreed to buy HBS. Figure seems kind of lowball to me, but I'm sure there's  a reason.

So... maybe we will see Paradox put together a Shadowrun or Battletech game sometime in the future.

Not too lowballl considering they had to kickstarter to even get enough money to make the Battletech game and pay everyone.  Most of that is probably direct cash to the previous owner ;)

But yay, Cyberpunk [spoiler][/spoiler]

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2018, 10:00 »

Mood: Cautious Optimism. I like CDPR's loud, bright, and grimy take on the cyberpunk aesthetic, and they've shown they can handle messy and interesting stories fairly well these days.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2018, 10:57 »

Yeah, what caught my eye in the GI article was that they noted how well the game tracked your gameplay choices in the mission. Now, that was a prepared demo for demonstration purposes of course, but when combined with what we've seen when it comes to the Witcher 3 and its downright delectable level of interconnection between your choices and the storyline developments, I'm cautiously optimistic that this'll be a mindblower of a game.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2018, 13:54 »

Not to sound like a snob, but nonetheless powering through:

I refuse to believe in a game that literally announces it's genre to me.

That car though.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2018, 13:58 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2018, 16:02 »

Not to sound like a snob, but nonetheless powering through:

I refuse to believe in a game that literally announces it's genre to me.

That car though.

What did you think of LA Noir? Or Medieval: Total War? Or Fantasy Battlegrounds?  :lol:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jun 2018, 16:25 »

Or EVE Online
I exist sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2