Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That one of the primary exports of the Amarrian Theology Council is booze? (Theology Council in-game info, Market Activity tab).

Author Topic: I review my chat logs...  (Read 2138 times)

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I review my chat logs...
« on: 29 Dec 2017, 17:36 »

And I die a little inside over my typos and various spelling mistakes. It's hard to type live and rp at the same time, sure, but still.

Nissui

Re: I review my chat logs...
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2017, 19:05 »

I'm the same with composing the MOTD, I'm always retooling and finding problems days later. Not so much the RP tho.

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2017, 19:44 »

Yeah, I haven't done much live text-based rp in a long-time. I've also gotten used to a much more sedate typing style where I  can check for spelling and grammar mistakes to my heart's content before submitting my work.

I don't have too many logs from rp'ing on MUDs, Chatters and IRC from back in the day, but I wonder if I was as bad then. :lol: Maybe I'll improve over time as I get back into doing it, or at least I hope so. I'd hate to ruin the rp for someone else over something as mindless as spelling.
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2017, 21:05 by Tannia Ambrye »

Nissui

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2017, 21:47 »

Mrao, I hope no one would be offput by typos, it's such a non-issue IMO. One thing that makes it a bit easier in EVE compared to FFXIV for instance is the chatbox character limit. Some games let you type out monster paragraphs, making it easier still to include unintentional goofs. I might be biased tho since I prefer a bit less waiting for all parties.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2017, 09:22 »

mistypes are a non-issue.

the only time I ever saw it being an issue, was when ooc relations between two players were frosty, and one of them purposefully* misspelled the other's name again and again, in the rp channels, in order to stage drama in the ooc channels when the other character corrected them ic.

seemingly, leaks from other ooc channels showed that the misspelling was deliberate.

Anyway ! I should compress and archive my chatlogs again, since it's nearly the new year. I have a couple GB of them. D:
Some are even several MB long. Takes a while to open them in Notepad lol.
\o/

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2017, 20:35 »

I always worried more about mis-boxing when RPing with multiple characters at once.

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2017, 08:28 »

I always worried more about mis-boxing when RPing with multiple characters at once.

This brings up something else I've been considering, multiboxing. Is there any particular software that anybody might recommend?

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2017, 09:48 »

There's one program that shows previews of other clients, but input broadcasting is against the rules so there's really not much.
I exist sometimes.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2017, 13:09 »

I always did it the old fashioned way: Multiple clients and hitting alt-tab a lot.  :yar:

Nissui

« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2017, 13:20 »

I always did it the old fashioned way: Multiple clients and hitting alt-tab a lot.  :yar:

"...before the dark times. Before the Launcher."