Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Author Topic: IC Twitter accounts? Are they viable/exist?  (Read 1935 times)

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
IC Twitter accounts? Are they viable/exist?
« on: 15 Aug 2017, 11:57 »

Hey guys.

I saw some players have their characters have an IC twitter account. I found this interesting and I wanted to ask what are the community's reception to this. There is also the evegate but judging how low usage that one has, I would imagine the same for this?

Anyway, I just ask so I can establish if I should look into that or not. Personally, being a twitter fan, I am interested already but Getting the general feel for these sort of stuff is important.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
Re: IC Twitter accounts? Are they viable/exist?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2017, 14:58 »

Only a handful of people seem use the evegate comment/broadcast function (Che Biko and Mitara Newelle are really the only two i can think of off hand ). I sort of wish it was used more but it doesn't seem to be well known or easily checked.

Twitter? Honestly? for me - it's yet another platform to keep track of so I rarely check it and luna's twitter account is decidely NOT IC.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2017, 15:12 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2017, 15:43 »

Only a handful of people seem use the evegate comment/broadcast function (Che Biko and Mitara Newelle are really the only two i can think of off hand ). I sort of wish it was used more but it doesn't seem to be well known or easily checked.

Twitter? Honestly? for me - it's yet another platform to keep track of so I rarely check it and luna's twitter account is decidely NOT IC.

Let's team up with them and start the revolution ha_ha!  :eek: ... or not.... :ugh:
. I do get what you mean about the added platform, personally since I use twitter a lot for my work it's easy to keep track of it.. but if most people don't use it I wouldn't want to start at it...since social media work only if the social aspect of it is there to begin with.

Thanks for the answer by the way Luna, much obliged

Nissui

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2017, 17:23 »

Tweetfleet has a lot of meatspace politic creep at the moment anyway. Not that I try to use it but for peeking in on the voices of the playerbase.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2017, 04:04 »

A few people use their twitter accounts "semi-ICly." Max Singularity especially, and I started doing that as well during the Amarr Championships (including hosting a website and twitter account supporting Yonis Ardishapur). I don't treat it as strictly IC though. I make more OOC posts than IC ones, and even the IC ones I occasionally did were more "OOC-directed but IC-themed". It was for fun and an attempt to include the OOC EVE community on twitter in the game's narrative, rather than for real RP.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2017, 08:35 »

I don't use twitter and rarely see twits tweets unless they are linked elsewhere.

-Ché Biko
Co-Leader of the EVE Gate broadcast revolution.
 :D
-OOChé

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2017, 17:05 »

A few people use their twitter accounts "semi-ICly." Max Singularity especially, and I started doing that as well during the Amarr Championships (including hosting a website and twitter account supporting Yonis Ardishapur). I don't treat it as strictly IC though. I make more OOC posts than IC ones, and even the IC ones I occasionally did were more "OOC-directed but IC-themed". It was for fun and an attempt to include the OOC EVE community on twitter in the game's narrative, rather than for real RP.
I probably fall into this camp too, though I'm not a very frequent tweeter at all.

When I do tweet, I try to stay as 'on-topic' as possible, with the focus on either the ILF, Intaki RP, or Intaki-related content in mind at the very least.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Romaniskiis

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2017, 23:17 »

I've never been huge into social media, so I don't even check my own Twitter that often.