Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sebiestor has embraced the pet-name Sinister Ones, given to them by the Amarr? Read more here

Author Topic: [EVE:Valkyrie] The Ascribers  (Read 824 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
[EVE:Valkyrie] The Ascribers
« on: 16 Jul 2017, 10:15 »

The Ascribers - https://forums.evevalkyrie.com/t/fanfic-the-ascribers/6405?u=fendisteel

Hello backstage! So I've drifted away from EVE online of late in favor of playing Valkyrie. There I've slowly been exposing the community more and more to the lore surrounding the game. To show them, that its more than just another arena combat shooter. A good one, but one with a thick story and world to it.

I fancy myself a storyteller. I like coming up with characters and plots. Currently the most effective and cheapest way for me to tell someone a story would be to write. So as a means to improve my writing i started up a series on the Valkyrie forums. Its been going on for about a month now and it has been for me a amazing success. Not only have I've been receiving  generous comments about the work in and off the forums. But also kudos form two devs of CCP Newcastle. One of which is the narrative designer for Valkyrie. You can see their posts in the thread. Now, after going back and cleaning up my past posts of spelling errors. I feel comfortable now to show you all my work.

Here i tell a story not of pilots of the Valkyrie outfit. But of the opposing outfit, Schism. The force of pilots under Fatal's control. I tell a story about a squadron of pilots apart of Schism and focus on them and their development as they go from mission to mission. My main focus was character development and dialogue.

While i tell this story i also have "polls". So far theres only been two but the point of theses polls (and why it will be exclusive to the Valkyrie forums) is that the readers can have a effect on the ongoing story.

Well I hope you guys get to check it out. As well as hope you find it worth a read. Thank you very much!

Avio Yaken

• Egger
Re: [EVE:Valkyrie] The Ascribers
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2017, 07:56 »

As a incredible update to this entire series.

https://www.evevalkyrie.com/articles/news/get-creative-incredible-things-from-the-eve-valkyrie-community

CCP Newcastle tosses me a shootout for my hard work. I'm pretty proud of my work here and still have plenty i want to do with the series.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2017, 09:42 »

Kick ass!

Glad your work was seen.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Utari Onzo

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2017, 10:23 »

Great stuff to see bud!

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2017, 13:20 »

https://forums.evevalkyrie.com/t/fanfic-the-ascribers/6405/27?u=fendisteel

New post dropped on the main thread.  I certainly feel as if  I've improved as I've pushed on. this being the first part where i focus more on describing a fight scene, rather than just talking .Is it great? eh maybe. But I'm a little proud of it regardless.