Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ushra'Khan is the oldest active alliance in New Eden.

Author Topic: Sansha lore question  (Read 1424 times)

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
Sansha lore question
« on: 10 Jul 2017, 07:19 »

Hey guys! I wanted to ask if anyone can direct me somewhere that I can find as much as possible lore on Sansha stuff. Whatever that is but with a preference on current incursion stuff. Also if anyone knows per knowledge goes I would be glad to engage into a discussion with him/her

Thanks

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: Sansha lore question
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2017, 10:47 »

Hmm? It's a bit scattered and, honestly, a lot of it is first-degree-of-separation speculation. What would you like to know?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2017, 13:52 »

Hmm? It's a bit scattered and, honestly, a lot of it is first-degree-of-separation speculation. What would you like to know?

Hey thanks for the reply, particularly I would like to know as much as possible on Incursions...what are they are trying to affect and if they somehow mess with the baselining communities(and how and to what extent) of the planets/station populations.

Starting from there it would be great to expand on the whole rationale of the Nation and what it tries to achieve. I heard some capsuleers who were saying that all they wanted was to be left alone....but then again incursions dont seem like being wanting to be left alone. That is for starters. I am sure if you are kind enough to answer more will pop up. I would be also glad to receive any stuff you may want to share, stories, stuff like that for anything that has to do with the Nation's society and all that.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2017, 16:37 »

Hey thanks for the reply, particularly I would like to know as much as possible on Incursions...what are they are trying to affect and if they somehow mess with the baselining communities(and how and to what extent) of the planets/station populations.

The purpose of the Incursions is what it essentially says on the tin: military strikes across the galaxy, which derive secondary benefits to the Nation (weakening their enemies as much as acquiring human resources). The precursor Live Events to the Incursion systems dealt with Sansha upliftings (abductions in everyone elses' books) of select, targeted planets across Empire space. These uplifted became the new clone army that runs the Incursions. You're effectively not killing anything, only blowing up resources the Nation has collected elsewhere to create the ships and biomass for the soldiers. This is a first in the history of the cluster, and is a bleeding-edge level of technological superiority the Nation has over everyone else currently.

How much effect these have on baseliner communities is uncertain and up for debate. CONCORD makes a deal of protecting planets while Capsuleers take care of the Nation proper, and not much more beyond that. It's unlikely the Nation doesn't acquire people in some capacity, but probably nowhere to the extent they once did in their surprise attacks.

Everything else is pretty much Subject To Game Mechanic Limitations.

Starting from there it would be great to expand on the whole rationale of the Nation and what it tries to achieve. I heard some capsuleers who were saying that all they wanted was to be left alone....but then again incursions dont seem like being wanting to be left alone. That is for starters. I am sure if you are kind enough to answer more will pop up. I would be also glad to receive any stuff you may want to share, stories, stuff like that for anything that has to do with the Nation's society and all that.

The Nation achieves whatever the will of Sansha Kuvakei is. Sansha himself self-perceives as a messiah-like figure, aiming to deliver his followers to a utopian world of tomorrow. How and why has shifted over the years, as the destruction of the original Nation saw only Sansha and his True Slaves left, with barely a handful of True Citizens (ideological, aristocratic-esque fanatics those not yet enslaved in a limiting fashion). Presumably this is still Sansha's driving goal, but vengeance may be as much on his mind as anything else. Notably, the Nation was attacked first, and double betrayed by allies it had in the Empires that would've otherwise given it the military clout to stay afloat in its infancy. A century of quiet growth and rebuilding would see them return, for the war never ended as far as the Nation could be concerned. Everyone else simply stopped attacking.

To this end the RP community around the Sansha tend to take extreme views, in either preferring isolation, military retribution, the absorption of believers into the Nation, and other venues. They are all correct in their own ways, but the will of Sansha is supreme above every other consideration, and so what the Nation does, they do in turn. You'll find a lot of rhetoric in those varying flavors, especially if you dig deep enough to pick up Naqam, True Slave Foundations, and others during their public propaganda periods.

-

As far as official stories ago, there's sections in *The Burning Life*, a couple one-shot chronicles in the E-ON Magazine (200 Rounds deals with True Slave survivors), and some details in the official sections of EVE Fiction somewhere
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2017, 07:37 »

Quote from: EVE Source
Rather than assaulting planetary populations directly, the incursions began to disrupt capsuleer activities [..] This change in tactics appeared to be a response to the capsuleer resistance, [..] propaganda statements by the Nation indicating that the capsuleers were now considered a threat that needed to be eliminated.
-OOChé

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2017, 09:43 »

The purpose of the Incursions is what it essentially says on the tin: military strikes across the galaxy, which derive secondary benefits to the Nation (weakening their enemies as much as acquiring human resources). The precursor Live Events to the Incursion systems dealt with Sansha upliftings (abductions in everyone elses' books) of select, targeted planets across Empire space. These uplifted became the new clone army that runs the Incursions. You're effectively not killing anything, only blowing up resources the Nation has collected elsewhere to create the ships and biomass for the soldiers. This is a first in the history of the cluster, and is a bleeding-edge level of technological superiority the Nation has over everyone else currently.

How much effect these have on baseliner communities is uncertain and up for debate. CONCORD makes a deal of protecting planets while Capsuleers take care of the Nation proper, and not much more beyond that. It's unlikely the Nation doesn't acquire people in some capacity, but probably nowhere to the extent they once did in their surprise attacks.

Everything else is pretty much Subject To Game Mechanic Limitations.

The Nation achieves whatever the will of Sansha Kuvakei is. Sansha himself self-perceives as a messiah-like figure, aiming to deliver his followers to a utopian world of tomorrow. How and why has shifted over the years, as the destruction of the original Nation saw only Sansha and his True Slaves left, with barely a handful of True Citizens (ideological, aristocratic-esque fanatics those not yet enslaved in a limiting fashion). Presumably this is still Sansha's driving goal, but vengeance may be as much on his mind as anything else. Notably, the Nation was attacked first, and double betrayed by allies it had in the Empires that would've otherwise given it the military clout to stay afloat in its infancy. A century of quiet growth and rebuilding would see them return, for the war never ended as far as the Nation could be concerned. Everyone else simply stopped attacking.

To this end the RP community around the Sansha tend to take extreme views, in either preferring isolation, military retribution, the absorption of believers into the Nation, and other venues. They are all correct in their own ways, but the will of Sansha is supreme above every other consideration, and so what the Nation does, they do in turn. You'll find a lot of rhetoric in those varying flavors, especially if you dig deep enough to pick up Naqam, True Slave Foundations, and others during their public propaganda periods.

-

As far as official stories ago, there's sections in *The Burning Life*, a couple one-shot chronicles in the E-ON Magazine (200 Rounds deals with True Slave survivors), and some details in the official sections of EVE Fiction somewhere

So you wouldn't happen to have any data on what happens to the planets within the systems affected by incursion fleets I take it.

Also thanks Che, I hadn't realized that incursions were defended only by capsuleers

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2017, 10:16 »

This happens:
When it had secured the entire lower orbital altitude, the armada held position until a second wave of ships emerged from the wormhole. These new vessels were different, though, lacking the bulky warp drives that took up so much space in the combat vessels; instead, their cavernous cargo holds had a very specific purpose, housing rows and rows, layer upon layer of holding cells designed to store humanoid “passengers.” The ships dropped through the atmosphere unimpeded, by squadrons, a perfectly orchestrated meteor shower.

The hypnotizing spectacle of the massive bronze ships, still glowing from the heat of atmospheric entry, turned to panic as they slowed to hover several hundred meters above the ground. A horrible grinding rolled forth from each one as gigantic bay doors slid open, unleashing a barely visible cloud of buzzing creatures that glittered as they caught the light. Undetectable except in vast quantities, these tiny cybernetic parasites drifted down over every population center, almost weightless, wafting in through unshielded windows, exposed ventilation systems, even exhaust ports that lacked the proper filters used on more densely populated worlds.

Before the victims below could understand what was happening, the nanites had already passed through the outer layer of skin, navigated the bloodstream, and attached themselves to the base of their spinal cords. When enough of the insidious little things had amassed in a single person, they begin to emit rhythmic electrical pulses ― not enough to disrupt higher brain functions, but more than enough to overpower the simple neural pathways below the neck. People screamed and shouted, struggled in vain, and cried pitifully for help, but their bodies wouldn’t respond. They walked out into the green tinted glare of wide-angle tractor beams, which lifted them off the ground by the thousands. Their bodies tumbled slowly, out of control, up into the waiting dropships.

But then the dark sky lit up with different colors. Sparkling blue explosions and brilliant red contrails streaked across the night. The capsuleers had arrived.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2017, 10:59 »

-OOChé