Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Author Topic: A Living History of the Nation War of Resurgence  (Read 1498 times)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Nation_War_of_Resurgence

I'm just starting this. So take that as a hint to contribute materials and writing to be incorporated into the structure of the history. Feel free to self-cite your works or images.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: A Living History of the Nation War of Resurgence
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2010, 07:42 »

Nice stuff, Jules, I think I will contribute (and recommend others to) after you've finished the initial version  :D

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2010, 09:49 »

And here I was trying to get other people to do the work for me. =p

To be honest, the events are a collaborative effort. Why shouldn't the history of them be as well?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jul 2010, 11:55 »

Orite. I'll probably do Stuff™ to it then.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jul 2010, 12:08 »

It should be collaborative; it is one of the benefits of a wiki.

Right now it appears it will be a very large entry.  I would caution for large events, where there is a lot of detail, to build separate entries and include summaries and links on this primary entry  (see wikipedia entries for things like World War II).

It is important to relate to everyone taking part (both IC and OOC) to take and upload screen captures.  Walls of text are fine and dandy, but images really make a page that much better.  We need to tell those taking part that  they can up-load them to evelopedia and add it either to the entry itself (at the appropriate location) or in the discussion area.

Also, some data mining info can be useful.  A time table of the events, locations, etc, help make the page useful. 

From a promoting RP standpoint, naming & linking to the organizations taking part on all sides will help to grow everyone's corporations, alliances, and organizations.

Also, a note at the top indicating whether it is IC/OOC will be equally important.  The information provided on the entry will vary depending which medium is selected.  I personally favor the OOC perspective for the entry as a whole with quotes from various characters involved being mentioned.  The second benefit is that it will encourage players on both sides of the conflict to contribute.