Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hared Loudier is a former Quafe employee who once claimed an entire stockpile of Quafe beverages vanished through a wormhole before his eyes.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The "Purity" War  (Read 2882 times)

Casserina Leshrac

• Clonejack
  • Causing Trouble As Best I Can!
Re: The "Purity" War
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2017, 07:33 »

What this means for you from an OOC standpoint is that you can actively make up scripture rather than only relying on a small body of curated scripture. As long as you do not claim that *all* sani followers believe the text is sacred, you are on pretty solid ground.

When I was doing this 10 years ago and not now we had the likes of Verjigorm and Revan doing just that. I do have a mind and throwing something together myself which may show up on Eve Fiction.

And in conversation with Cass and Silas showed that there is desparate gulf between each of their philosophies.

The issue at this point. At least from the RP perspective is to make the Sani Sabik more or less believable beyond the dog and pony show on the Forum and IGS.  More than just the villain as defined by the Amarr narrative that has been going for a long time. That's the real challenge for any Sani Sabik player.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2017, 10:28 »

Luna's writing contest will be up soon.  A scriptural exegesis or what not by Cass would be eligible for the academic piece (and god would it make Luna grind her teeth if it won and she had to hand out a prize, like when she had to take Queen Synthia of CTCS out to a candlelit dinner a few years ago).

Ioannis_Sepphiros

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2017, 20:28 »

What this means for you from an OOC standpoint is that you can actively make up scripture rather than only relying on a small body of curated scripture. As long as you do not claim that *all* sani followers believe the text is sacred, you are on pretty solid ground.

When I was doing this 10 years ago and not now we had the likes of Verjigorm and Revan doing just that. I do have a mind and throwing something together myself which may show up on Eve Fiction.

And in conversation with Cass and Silas showed that there is desparate gulf between each of their philosophies.

The issue at this point. At least from the RP perspective is to make the Sani Sabik more or less believable beyond the dog and pony show on the Forum and IGS.  More than just the villain as defined by the Amarr narrative that has been going for a long time. That's the real challenge for any Sani Sabik player.

I would guess that a good way to think about this is starting from blood raiders and what they do.then look at what the Amarr believe of the Sani and kind of in the middle, and with your personal touches, create some lore.

I think that in this way you can be certain to be within the parameters of lore while also making stuff that also make you happy. The key thing to remember is that you are playing a villain ultimately a villain who lacks 'meat'though and this proves exciting stuff ahead to be created. , regardless how sophisticated and well versed might be, Sani Sabik are not also the antithesis of the Amarr structure and opposition to the Empire status quo, but also an opposition to any status quo ... I only say this because I see some playing Sani like liberal holders but with somewhat different scriptures. Evidently with you this isn't the case I am sure. . there are interesting things to do with the Sani I believe...

I hope I can help in any way. Feel free to ask if you want me to keep on suggesting, or even convo me if you like

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2017, 22:20 »

Religious officials always know where to find the best heresy.
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2017, 22:22 »

Heh, Gaven is no religious official. But Gaven's player is a professional scholar of medieval religion.

Casserina Leshrac

• Clonejack
  • Causing Trouble As Best I Can!
« Reply #21 on: 27 May 2017, 12:21 »

Now you're just showing off.

Cass' Player is a Druid (tis a real thing you know) and Librarian living in New Orleans.

I am literally surrounded hersey and debauchery on a daily basis  8)
Pages: 1 [2]