Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Did you know:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Author Topic: 'Rentable' NPCs Project  (Read 198 times)

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
'Rentable' NPCs Project
« on: 22 Mar 2017, 03:29 »

Hello, this thread is currently very much a WIP.

Welcome to the 'Rentable' NPCs Project

TL;DR - This thread serves as a supplement to Tress's Volunteer GM thread; individuals may contact me privately through Tweetfleet, Evemail, or Backstage to add their list of NPCs. To "rent" NPCs, simply refer to the NPC Database and get in touch with the referred contact and set up a date and time for when you want them to have an NPC ready to go for an event you are hosting.

---

Background

The advent of Alpha clones has allowed us to have essentially limitless amounts of semi-skillable alts. I decided to use this power for good and content generation, and came up with this project. Basically, people hosting events who want or require opposition may do so by 'renting' NPCs from other players who may provide such opposition, if it fits in their schedule. The NPC's owner may require a small service fee for their time and possible loss of assets due to arranged events. The existence of rental fees for a particular NPC is at the sole discretion of the NPC OOC Contact. This is merely a tool for players to use to create more engaging and diverse content. I hope you all get the opportunity to make use of it! Any feedback may be directed to me privately or through this thread.

---

Example Scenario

Player A wants to hold an outpost siege event. Player A's in-game character is loyal to the Empire, so they want a couple NPCs who are loyal to Sansha's Nation provide opposition during the event. Player A looks up available NPCs in the 'Rental' NPCs Project Database and is able to find Character X, Character Y, and Character Z who are all Sansha's Nation and available for hire. Player A contacts each NPC's OOC Contact to show interest in hiring out those NPCs for the event. All the OOC Contacts are available and agree. One OOC Contact requests a small service fee for using their NPC and time/energy. Player A negotiates and obliges. Player A finally holds the event for their corp, and much fun is had as the Sansha's Nation NPCs provide a challenging and unique confrontation. All involved players are satisfied with the RP and continue to use the 'Rental' NPC Project Database. :)

---

FAQ

1. Will there always be a service/rental fee for requesting a NPC for an event?
No, not necessarily. Rental/service fees are at the sole discretion of the NPC's OOC Contact. In other words, the player that manages that particular NPC may or may not decide to require a fee for their time, effort, and assets. However, it is generally considered good manners that if the NPC's owner can expect the loss of assets during an event hosted by the contractor, then the contractor would either provide an ISK compensation or provide the ships themselves.

2. This idea sounds great! How can I add my "NPCs" to the list?
Evemail, message on Backstage, or poke on Tweetfleet Korsavius. Your NPCs will be added as soon as possible.

3. Will my identity be kept anonymous?
Yes. Korsavius is a very professional individual, and all NPC owner knowledge will be kept confidential.

4. Does my NPC's OOC Contact have to be my in-game main?
No, it does not. If you wish, simply create a random character when creating a new alpha account which you can designate to be the OOC Contact for all your NPCs. Heck, you can even have this character contact Kor to add all your NPCs - that way your true identity will remain a mystery to all! Muwahaha.

---

« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2017, 04:12 by Korsavius »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: 'Rentable' NPCs Project
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2017, 05:19 »

What an idea!

I Saw your Ship!

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette