Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The system Old Man Star is named for the lone crew member who survived a sub-light trip there to set up a stargate?

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 859 times)

Ursa Dropsus

• Clonejack
Hi!
« on: 22 Jan 2017, 04:45 »

Howdy OOC Backstage! Been a while. For those who don't know me, I was a pretty avid player back in the day. Ran a few well-known fleet ops as part of some Sansha roleplay. Though I think my EVE days are well and truly in the past, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about those times a little wistfully every now and then!

I was cleaning out my digital clutter/bookmarks today and saw this link. Had to click it. Had to try logging in. Here we are.

How is EVE doing these days? This site is still here, so things must be plodding along as ever. Boy I must have missed so much. Is the storyline department still going strong? Are the usual suspects still kicking around in Reykjavik? Are you guys still bitching about PF? (<3) Are Live Events still a thing? Is Delegate Zero CEO of CCP already? (If not, why the fuck not?)

I'm currently about to start year two of studies into Sustainability. Tryna save the world and shit. It's been a good change for me, and I'm sleeping much better knowing my silly little life might contribute something positive.

Hope y'all are doing swell.

Jev North

• Egger
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2017, 05:39 »

Welcome! It's been a while.

>How is EVE doing these days? This site is still here, so things must be plodding along as ever.
Basically that, yep. The wheels turn ever onward! The alpha clone thing has brought back a bunch of people and set us flush with newbies, too.

>Is the storyline department still going strong?
Errr.. I.. mnh. We get Drifters? It's almost like actual plot development? Uff.

>Are the usual suspects still kicking around in Reykjavik?
Pretty much!

>Are you guys still bitching about PF?
Did you expect us to ever stop?

>Are Live Events still a thing?
Pretty much dead as a doorknob.

>I'm currently about to start year two of studies into Sustainability. Tryna save the world and shit. It's been a good change for me, and I'm sleeping much better knowing my silly little life might contribute something positive.
Hey, good to hear! I took a break until recently. I have a daughter now. Just trying to be excellent to one little human has also been pretty good therapy.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2017, 05:43 »

Hi, bear dropping by.

I'm currently not qualified to answer any of your questions, but it's nice to hear from ya! Keep up on doing whatcha doing!

About the Tukoss memorial...I think somebody must have chatlogs somewhere, if you're interested....

Peace,
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2017, 05:50 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Ursa Dropsus

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2017, 06:23 »

I had to Google the Alpha Clone thing, which landed me on a wonderfully in-character Dev Blog about, what I assume, is a new Free To Play option? Neat. Does this mean you have a flood of shitposting IGS alts? What a glorious development!

That sounds cynical, but I really mean it. As an unrepentant alt-o-holic back in the day I'd have a field day with that one. I used to "play" EVE Online by loading up Photoshop and posting nonsense to IGS (Sani Sabik represent!) and paid a subscription just to be able to access IGS for that kind of fun. Seems like an interesting development!

Glad to hear the usual kids are still making mischief. Sad to hear the live events took a downturn, but I'll take a bit of heat for that one personally, as I kinda let my own little project fizzle out spectacularly and set a bit of a precedent there. Welp.

Raising a little human must be the very best of therapies! Congrats on that one Jev! My poor wife is resigned to raising just one child for now (me).

As for the the logs (@Che), it's all good. If I read them I'd probably be handing CCP my credit card details straight up (or not, if this Alpha Clone thing is what I think it is!) in which case I should probably abstain. Next semester is just a few weeks out and I'm already struggling to kick my "7 Days to Die" habit.

Srsly tho: My underground zombie bunker is just so fucking glorious. I have dreams about it. I'm gonna make an underground corn farm for distilling grain alcohol into gasoline and then I swear I'm done. I swear...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2017, 00:04 »

Ermagerd hai! Missed you, dude! :cube:

tl;dr Alpha Clones are a limited free to play option. Your skills are heavily limited based on your race, basically restricting you to T1 cruisers, destroyers and frigates of that race (plus navy ships), with only T1 weapons. (Well, you can use faction guns and ammo, technically.)

If you actually enjoy undocking and doing stuff in space, being an Alpha isn't all that fun if you happen to like anything fancier than the above. For just RP, it's fine though.

The Drifter storyline is probably the only interesting thing going on for you storywise, since it's relevant to some of the stuff you've done in the past.

Storyline department is still going. It's pretty much Falcon, Affinity and Delegate Zero these days, which I believe occasional help from other people every now and then. The rest of the usual suspects are definitely still chilling in Reykjavik.

Yes, we're always bitching about PF, though the tweetfleet Slack has made the current lore devs a bit easier to reach and poke with questions about things in the absence of the wiki.

DZ is unfortunately not the CEO yet, but Hilmar seems to have been doing okay lately. Things are slow at times, but I think the company's sort of getting back onto the right foot.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.