Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

All male members of the Ardishapur family traditionally have their right hand amputated? See why you don't make the Emperor's mother angry.

Author Topic: So, like, who wants to critique some of my writing?  (Read 2317 times)

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger

So I happen to know that at least a few people here are fans of my writing. And while I haven't done any EVE-related writing in a good while (outside of a few EON projects every few months), that's because I've been working on a novel.

Now I've finished it. Well, I finished the first draft. Which means it most likely sucks runny balls. I've got a couple of people to start looking it over for me, but I really could use a couple more pairs of eyes to take a gander at it, read through it, tell me what all the problems with it are, and what they like about it. Though mainly the problems with it.

Now, it's kind of not at all like my EVE writing. Well, that's not totally true; it's has a similar humorous sensibility to the stories like Piloting in the Nude and Collectors. But it's not sci-fi, it's more of a comedic urban fantasy. It's about a guy who gets forced into serving a sexy female vampire and all the bullshit he winds up putting up with.

It's about 300 pages long, but it should be a fairly breezy 300 pages. So if anyone wants to read my work and tell me what crap it is, please let me know! And only those who actually can provide feedback, please. "It was good" is not feedback.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: So, like, who wants to critique some of my writing?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2010, 03:52 »

If I have time I would like to help.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2010, 17:47 »

If you wanna do it, send me a PM or something with your e-mail and I'll toss you the manuscript.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2010, 06:34 »

I think you have my e-mail, but I can redo that.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2010, 22:33 »

Yes, I have exchanged e-mails with you before, but I don't have the address saved anywhere. And sorting through 5000 old e-mails to find it would be a bit daunting.