Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Author Topic: [URPWND] Making Napanii Great Again  (Read 1500 times)

Nephal Khaborik

• Clonejack
[URPWND] Making Napanii Great Again
« on: 11 Jun 2016, 23:36 »

So it's called the Unrestricted Public Written Napanii Documentation Project because I have fun with acronyms.

I'm new to backstage and newish to RP.  I've always thought that language is one of the best ways to know a culture, and the existence of the Napanii Primer was one of the the reasons I was drawn to Caldari RP in the first place.  Over the past month, I've been working on expanding the Napanii of the Primer into a relatively robust language, based, naturally, on the grammar of Japanese and Finnish.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=481951

Neph made an IGN post that didn't receive much interest, and so I figured it'd be worthwhile to be able to have some OOC about it here.  Currently, I'm translating the Legend of Cold Wind, using it as a catalyst to help me think about complex sentence structure and the tone of written Napanii.  I'm 5 sentences in.  Woo!

Tiuulasan, Azkaanostat Kaalakiotauksen magazui dei Tiuuli emnuusaikkagu; eika, yamazikkagu niuhi tuvo dei soyidei isoyiki.  Ta nahuwon Raatainen kulakone; eika, kresh ttasutuksen magazuwon tan saisieni.  Ta tamoyi himostat keu, Ashakutashe-tiuule; eika, Ashakutashe-tiuule takit yn eba yn tagaku en mononaba laanon ta.  Jaita, Raatain kunnioton ttsaustat yn iskkit yn nizu; eika, Tiuulasan ilokondon taiitiba haifanaku tan desetuit.  Ta Raata-uksen useuu kisyksit koma magazuikoro. Useuu kisyksit koma magazuigo; maakka, Deteaas kikuuli; eika, takustattustt vukkei tahuilu; k’vire kikuuli; eika, tan jinkaujik tsutt vukkei oniba; taiit kuunkikakuba oipeiri.

Besides that, I've developed verb tenses, organized Napanii pronouns, clarified the standard types of noun endings, figured out how the heck postpositions work in an SVO language, and digested the Primer into a filterable/searchable spreadsheet of the known Napanii vocabulary.

Here's the link to the collected work thus far: http://goo.gl/yGOzXs

Huge shoutout to Stitcher's player for helping me get connected with the discussion that went on around the original Primer and the help I've had from them. 

Also, hi, Backstage! ^^

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: [URPWND] Making Napanii Great Again
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2016, 08:48 »

Welcome backstage, and nice work.
-OOChé

Solu Terona

• Clonejack
Re: [URPWND] Making Napanii Great Again
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2016, 23:16 »

Do you have any other things you're translating? I might throw some work at this.