Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 50)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: YOUR FAITH IN THE EMPEROR HAS BEEN REWARDED [DOW3]  (Read 3036 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

There's a small bunch of us who still play DOW2 nearly daily, and this is good news.

That trailer tho. 

Good tone, love it.

Veiki

• Egger
Re: YOUR FAITH IN THE EMPEROR HAS BEEN REWARDED [DOW3]
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2016, 16:27 »

Obligatory:

FOR THA EMPRAH BRUVVAS. SPEHSS MAREENS DEPLY STEEHL REIGN.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2016, 18:44 »

the voice and music in that trailer is something else ....not a fan of warhammer 40k or anything related, but it gave me goosbumps, utter loss of hope and future.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2016, 19:45 »

Aye, I appreciated the lack of heroism and 'rah rah rah'

ONLY DEATH.

ONLY ENDLESS WAR.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-inside-relics-biggest-rts-yet/

more infos.  Basically going back to DOW1 with bigger armies and bases. meh on that front but looking fun

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2016, 21:04 »

Are those...TITANS?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2016, 22:16 »

I quite preferred DoW 1 over DoW 2 which felt less like an RTS and more like some kind of moba game.

I just hope they don't reintroduce the annoying, "Oh, I destroyed that Eldar base and army. No, wait they had a webway and bonesinger hidden away FML." Strategy.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2016, 03:05 »

I quite preferred DoW 1 over DoW 2 which felt less like an RTS and more like some kind of moba game.

I just hope they don't reintroduce the annoying, "Oh, I destroyed that Eldar base and army. No, wait they had a webway and bonesinger hidden away FML." Strategy.

If they aren't pulling some bullcrap strategy on you they aren't playing Eldar right.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Utari Onzo

« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2016, 07:05 »

BRB, preparing for maximum HAIRESY

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2016, 12:07 »

Dow2 was superior IMO, and came out before the moba thing really hit.  Just enough squads to be about tactics, no base building, focus on strategy.   DOW1 was more like starcraft rewarding the player with the better APM than straight tactics *shrug*.

Anyway this will be more like DOW1 with larger armies and bases, but built around a few powerful super units, so your wish will be granted :)

You'll draft a few 'hero' type units before the match starts and they might have a pick/counterpick thing like league for the heroes/superunits.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2016, 13:09 »

Shut up and take my money!

In all seriousness though, I'm awful for getting over excited for 40k games but I actually loved both DoWs equally. My library still has the full collection ready to go when I feel the need to smash some corpse god servants in.

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2016, 14:13 »

Dow2 was superior IMO, and came out before the moba thing really hit.  Just enough squads to be about tactics, no base building, focus on strategy.   DOW1 was more like starcraft rewarding the player with the better APM than straight tactics *shrug*.

Anyway this will be more like DOW1 with larger armies and bases, but built around a few powerful super units, so your wish will be granted :)

You'll draft a few 'hero' type units before the match starts and they might have a pick/counterpick thing like league for the heroes/superunits.

I was a Starcraft zerg player so it's always about that RSI inducing apm. :P

But yeah, it does look interesting if. Might pick it up for some good old fashioned Chaos action.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 04 May 2016, 19:19 »

Much promising.  CoH2 for all it's faults had a great engine and when things got hectic it felt 'right' you know? I think this will be along the same lines in choosing commanders and battle insanity.

Although I prefer the smaller scale tactical stuff I will enjoy this one too :)

As far as 90% of 40k games being shit, DOW is the only one with an unblemished record to me :)

No chaos confirmed yet, just orks, eldar, marines, but we are in a new age of DLC and expansions and such, they better at LEAST have the number of factions retribution did (6)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 05 May 2016, 00:35 »

Faith is its own reward.

Ask not what the Emperor can do for you, but ask how you can die gloriously for your Emperor

And the DoW franchise has always been fun (though I didnt like DoW2s multiplayer game, the campaign was enjoyable)
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #13 on: 05 May 2016, 00:50 »

iirc, in dawn of war 1, there were a few missions in the campaigns, where there was p.much only 1 way to win the mission, which makes it more of a 'puzzle' than a 'strategy' game at times.

in general, i dislike 'strategy' games where strategy doesn't actually make a difference. Like, some games, you have to build some kind of resource-collecting structures, and you have resource-collecting units. Some games, the enemy AI doesn't actually use those resource collecting structures, and you can't actually halt their unit building by attacking their resource collecting, the buildings are just kind of for show. It should be a valid strategy to attack enemy resources to hinder their production, and not have destroying enemy factories being the only way to hinder production.

so, we'll see how this one turns out.
\o/

Utari Onzo

« Reply #14 on: 05 May 2016, 01:20 »

Ok, so, as it stands the game will have demi-titans, or not-quite-even-a-scout titans. Knights in 40k lore are somewhat of a bridge between say an Avatar of Khaine size and a Warhound titan, so don't expect to be seeing Warlord classes soon I'd imagine. Still pretty big, but not city levelling massive.

Idea of the blend between largescale combat and MOBA is certainly interesting, we'll have to see how balancing works out though and what kind of powers/abilities each hero and race will get. Also, it seems they're keeping/hopefully expanding on units upgrading over time in Multiplayer and Campaigns, so that's cool.
Pages: [1] 2